Diablo® III

Damage increased vrs. elites

Im just curious how this mechanic works. I have equipped a few pieces with it and notice that I burn elites down faster than ever. Does anyone know if any of the online dps calculators accurately model the extra damage? It seems that D3 rawr did show an increase vrs elites in the detailed t-dps section.

The main question I have is, how do I know when damage vrs elites is better than the sheet dps loss?

And depending on the answer to the previous question, how does the barb community feel about tyreal's might?
Reply Quote
It seems that D3 rawr did show an increase vrs elites in the detailed t-dps section.

The main question I have is, how do I know when damage vrs elites is better than the sheet dps loss?

I think you answered your own question?

And tyreals might, i have never looked into getting one.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Cogito

Sheet DPS is complete garbage regardless of Vs. Elite bonus or not. The damage vs elite bonus is considered to be your true "farming" DPS. Because who is farming trash mobs?

My rule of thumb is this. I look at my tdps vs elites dps. Then I equip a potential replacement for that gear and look at my tDPS (should be same as elite because no additional bonus is given).

If tDPS > tDPS vs Elites Then Keep new gear...

if not...keep the Bonus vs Elites gear and ignore the new gear.

The bonus to elites is the strongest single affix to any gear that can give a bump to true damage against rare mobs, bosses, and other players (PvP).

02/12/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Cogito
And depending on the answer to the previous question, how does the barb community feel about tyreal's might?

Tyreal's might can be good but it has to roll Str/Vit and have a high AR. The issue most people face is that TM does not roll with sockets so the vit/str roll has to be ridiculously high to match a well-rolled IK chest or rare chest. The sockets add too much value to be ignored. Movement speed can be picked up elsewhere where as sockets are relatively limited (jeweler y, chest, legs). Personally I think a normal chest with higher str/vit/ar and sockets plus other proprieties (i.e. Armor) is more valuable.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/12/2013 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]