Diablo® III

EHMAHGERD!!!

DEM' MONK BUFFS MAYNG!!

Holy !@#$ing hell! I went FoT/Quickening, LTK/Scorpion Sting, WoL/Blinding Lights, SW/Cyclone, Serenity/Ascension and MoC/Overawe and THIS IS INSANE.

I'm running through MP6 like a knife through butter. My damage is so high i actually feel like casting sweeping wind on top of the bells and LTKs is overkill! And best thing of all, Quickening makes sure i never run out of spirit!

AND I'M NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT MY SURVIVABILITY THROUGH LPSS HERE!!! Or about every mob being stunned all the time...

his patch is completely insane.

EDIT1: Just went through a pack of molten reflects... took me at most 10 seconds on MP6 and i never had to run away... I was just standing in there spamming spells and !@#$s. My opinion? This is the new best monk build.
Edited by FuzzyWuzzy#1793 on 2/12/2013 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah, we were running in MP3 and it felt like MP0-1... Hot knife through butter, like you said :D Pretty sweet stuff.
Reply Quote
View profile
Looks like I'll be dropping blinding flash for wave if light!
Reply Quote
Enough spirit to sustain?

And why LTK and WoL together, those 2 are basically the same thing. Its not like you can cast both the same time, and both are limited only by spirit
Reply Quote
Is quickening essential for WoL?

and were you a cookie cutter cyclone pre-patch?
Reply Quote
I'm loooving this patch.

I'm running Quickening Dashing Strike Cyclone Build.

Build = http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#adXfSk!XfU!Yb.Zca

This build is so !@#$ing fun in public games holy %^-*. Haven't had this much fun in awhile. I love how you can join mp1-10 in public now. I had zero deaths with about an 1-2 hr four player game in MP5. I doubt I would use the old build ever again. Cyclone + Dash Strike 2 fun... in public games its like 10000x more fun. ^_^_^_^_^
Edited by Teckno#1555 on 2/12/2013 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
seems like demonic essences got a drop nerf from the PTR but am getting quite a few more tome of secrets. The pick up radius is a nice little addition as well. Am good w it so far! :)
Reply Quote
Enough spirit to sustain?

And why LTK and WoL together, those 2 are basically the same thing. Its not like you can cast both the same time, and both are limited only by spirit

Yeh, Quickening gives me more than enough spirit to sustain, enough that i actually do find myself casting both spells at the same time sometimes. But the point is always having either one of them on hand no matter the situation since i rely on spirit spending for healing through LpSS.

Another spell i used was Dashing strike (in place of LTK) and while the mobility was pretty awesome i felt i was dealing less damage. I'll have to keep on playing in order to make my mind but in any case spirit spending is the new thing!!!
Reply Quote
I thought this was a thread about lag. Or my ability to run kings into aces and never come out ahead.
Reply Quote

Not exactly cookie cutter no, i've always been a LpSS monk and so i've always prioritized spirit spending over SW snapshotting. I never used FiTL, for instance.
Reply Quote
Why beacon on first one?

edit: sorry wrong thread
Edited by Stonk#6100 on 2/12/2013 6:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

Not exactly cookie cutter no, i've always been a LpSS monk and so i've always prioritized spirit spending over SW snapshotting. I never used FiTL, for instance.

If you never used FiTL then you were doing 60% less cyclone damage than everyone else, which would explain why you think this is a huge buff. It's a nerf to the cookie cutter (which was boring as all ****, so I'm REALLY ok with that) and the new builds it brought up in place are, in my opinion about just as strong, not stronger (but SO much more fun).

Also, I have to agree with previous posts. You may want to take cyclone strike instead of WoL, or BoH:BW. Or instead of LTK, one or the other really. Having both isn't much of an advantage, and cyclone striking a bunch of mobs into the area around you and then perma stunning them with LTK:Scorpion Sting could be a lot of fun. In this method you might consider the crippling wave spirit builder instead (since Cyclone will surround you with enemies).
Reply Quote
hohoho.

monks definitely r getting the fun at 1.07.

WOL n LTK and the new dps power, im doing MP8 like MP6 now

and the new exp boost i level up frm par 28 - 29 in less than 2hrs
Edited by Shakyspeare#6623 on 2/12/2013 7:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm running Quickening Dashing Strike Cyclone Build.Build = http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#adXfSk!XfU!Yb.Zca This build is so !@#$ing fun in public games holy %^-*. Haven't had this much fun in awhile. I love how you can join mp1-10 in public now. I had zero deaths with about an 1-2 hr four player game in MP5. I doubt I would use the old build ever again. Cyclone + Dash Strike 2 fun... in public games its like 10000x more fun. ^_^_^_^_^

Running variants of the same build. (experimenting with all the different runes. (Right now, thunderclap, firestorm, eye of the storm,overawe)

I love Cyclone Strike now. I don't have to spend mana on flashing my Mantra. I can suck everyone. It does enough damage that I think it may actually be worth using over, say, foresight

Loving this patch so far.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]