Diablo® III

1.07 Battle.net Population Display

I just have a very simple question. Where is it?

The following was included in the patch notes released in January:
The Battle.net UI now displays how many players are online - Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=launcher&utm_campaign=d3&utm_content=news-textlink#bnet

However, this feature is missing from the patch itself and was removed from the official patch notes. When will we be getting this functionality?
Reply Quote
Bump!

I too was really interested in this feature (although I do not know why lol)
Reply Quote
I think on PTR I saw it under your character or so. I'm on EU so I can check it right now since there is Maintenance.
Reply Quote
probably got dropped. just like this game did by most of that population ;) zing. i was really interested in it too, to know the rate of which this game is losing players, and how many people are online to buy my stuff on the AH :D
Reply Quote
I know there used to be a number when opening up the Public Games tab. Maybe they put it there?
Reply Quote
any update on this?
Reply Quote
well under public games it says 5k now when it usually reads 300-400. I would think more then 5k players are playing this game though
Reply Quote
Someone upstairs was probably reading through the patch notes...

"Ah, a population display. Very nice Fred, but just curious how many people do we have playing right now?"

"Well sir... I don't have the current population at the moment but I can get back to you."

"Come on Fred quit yanking my chain what are the damn numbers?"

"About... about eight thousand."

"You're serious? Like an eight, with three zeros after it?"

"Yes sir."

"Pack up your desk."
Reply Quote
I just have a very simple question. Where is it?

The following was included in the patch notes released in January:
The Battle.net UI now displays how many players are online - Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=launcher&utm_campaign=d3&utm_content=news-textlink#bnet

However, this feature is missing from the patch itself and was removed from the official patch notes. When will we be getting this functionality?

Never, judging by how almost nobody plays this game anymore.
Edited by Sumerian#1129 on 2/12/2013 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Hugo

and yet there are a lot of item posted on both AH every day and their number increase every day
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Jeetkundo

and yet there are a lot of item posted on both AH every day and their number increase every day

Nothing prevents you to keep dreaming that Diablo 3 will survive forever.
Reply Quote
Interesting. I didn't even notice that particular line in the PTR notes.
Reply Quote
..... people quit hating so much, its a game. The game has way more than a few thousand playing each day otherwise this game would get no updates and they wouldn't even be trying to improve it. Give it some time, since there is no pay per month I am sure with time the game will get better and when the pvp comes youll see a small boost to the population and a ton more hating going on.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:45 PMPosted by Millionaire
..... people quit hating so much, its a game. The game has way more than a few thousand playing each day otherwise this game would get no updates and they wouldn't even be trying to improve it. Give it some time, since there is no pay per month I am sure with time the game will get better and when the pvp comes youll see a small boost to the population and a ton more hating going on.

Go check the last CDev and tell me they're adressing the real issues. They have picked the most uninteresting, BORING questions to answer and left all the key ones (as if ITEMIZATION wasnt a giant elephant in the room) in the mud. Talk about handpicking the questions to sweeten the blow for the Devs. A faint attempt at trying to show they ''care'' about their community.

Quite frankly im tired of this hippocrisy. Blizzard isnt the same.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:49 PMPosted by Hugo

Go check the last CDev and tell me they're adressing the real issues. They have picked the most uninteresting, BORING questions to answer and left all the key ones (as if ITEMIZATION wasnt a giant elephant in the room) in the mud. Talk about handpicking the questions to sweeten the blow for the Devs. A faint attempt at trying to show they ''care'' about their community.

Quite frankly im tired of this hippocrisy. Blizzard isnt the same.

If tired, than leave. You just complain and whine so... just leave. It is not even a matter of helping, you are coming off as just throwing tantrums and making irrelevant comments.
Reply Quote
Im complaining about real issues not being adressed. Its quite legitimate. Im not forcing you to like my complaints though.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:59 PMPosted by Hugo
Im complaining about real issues not being adressed. Its quite legitimate. Im not forcing you to like my complaints though.

The game is free....forever, I dont see how so many people dont like it or at least they complain so frequently but all you have to do is leave...come back in 6 months and see whats happened. You dont lose game time or anything. I just hate all the negativity, why do people stick around if they dont like it? There are TONS of games out there
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 10:59 PMPosted by Hugo

You are whining... you sometimes bring up points but beyond that, you generally are throwing out nonsense. It is almost as if you are trying to convince people to feel the same way you do, as if you were insecure or something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]