Diablo® III

Radeon HD6770M, i7 2.26, weird frame rate...

Hello there mac technicians. I have a weird problem with frame rate. i do not know if this is solved before, nor could i find any thread on this so i decided to post my problem.

On 1920x10180 (Windowed fullscreen) mode, i get about 25-30 frame rate generally. Never go above 35. This is the first problem. With a Late-2011 MBP i should be able to play it 60+ right? With 10Gigs of RAM......
If i lower the resolution, then it's perfect. I get 60+ frame rate all the time. So is there a problem here? Or my monster is just not enough?

The second problem is, actually hard to explain. I'll try.

I start to play, let's say on lower graphics. I have around 60 FPS normally. Nothing's wrong until here. But on about every other 1-2 seconds, the FPS spikes up to really high values and that second becomes like an 'ease-in-out' effect. The game slows extremely for the half of the spiked second, and extremely fast for the other half and then turns back to normal 60 FPS. So basically i get something like a sine wave adjusting the visual speed of the game.

The game does this about every other 1-2 seconds as i stated before. This is not affected by any means of density in game.

I've tried to limit the max foreground FPS to 60. The game became fine then but i would love to be able to play on higher FPS rates.

By the way, this happens on high graphics too. The game has 25-30 FPS generally with those sudden weird spikes. And on high graphics mode, when i limit the FPS to 25, it's fine again.

So what can you suggest around these two problems.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by flamacore#2744 on 2/12/2013 2:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
err...bump?
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Can you post your full system specs?

1. Launch Diablo III.
    2. Put Diablo III into Windowed Mode if it is not already in Windowed Mode.
    3. From the system menu bar, select Help > Copy Support Information: http://i49.tinypic.com/33njnzn.png
    4. Paste the contents of the copied system information here (Command-V)
Reply Quote
Software:

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.2.0
Time since boot: 10:27

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 10 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.70f5
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Graphics/Displays:

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0126
Revision ID: 0x0009
gMux Version: 1.9.24

AMD Radeon HD 6770M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6770M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6740
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C0170L-573
gMux Version: 1.9.24
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.573
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Other:

Input Source ID: com.apple.keylayout.Turkish-QWERTY
Keyboard Layout: ANSI

there you go :)
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
On 1920x10180 (Windowed fullscreen) mode, i get about 25-30 frame rate generally. Never go above 35. This is the first problem. With a Late-2011 MBP i should be able to play it 60+ right? With 10Gigs of RAM......
If i lower the resolution, then it's perfect. I get 60+ frame rate all the time. So is there a problem here? Or my monster is just not enough?

This depends on what settings you are running (ultra/high makes a difference in what you have). Also, trying to play over 60 FPS may be great, but can cause great strain, specially on a portable. That is why we recommend limited it to such values as 30/45/60, so it doesn't overheat itself.

02/12/2013 02:29 AMPosted by flamacore
But on about every other 1-2 seconds, the FPS spikes up to really high values and that second becomes like an 'ease-in-out' effect.

What values does it spike to? Let me know the experience that you see.

Also, have you tried all our steps on our Diablo III Low Performance article?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]