Diablo® III

Rate the monk above you, Part III

@ Quickie
Minimally, you need a new nats ring, one with CC or CD. that 7& from the set you get, not getting CC or CD makes it not even worth it. I would then replace all your gear with the same but cap out the IAS. it will make a difference. Not too bad though! 7/10

Yeah i'm looking forward to have natalya's ring with crit but i haven't found one at the moment nor afford to purchase in AH. Thanks i expected that, hehe

Also IAS is one of my problems but capping it out requires costly gears.
@ MRquickie 7 out 10.
@FHvoids 8.5/10... i'm new at this but... i hate to see what someone will rate me. lol
@ Featherforce

7/10. You've got the right idea with your gearing. 2h skorn will see big numbers I bet, have you tried WoL with it? The upgrades I'd say you're looking for are all in the same category but more on each item. Only other upgrades I can see would be to go for a 2 piece natalya's or perhaps a bit more Vit to go with your currently semi-strong AR/LR :)
@Bigot

cheers

nice to see another arcane res user, slowly u can move to full AR n u can drop ur OWE (im working my way there too)

u need abit more vit and if u wearing a mempo go for 1 w cc

7/10

just my 2 cents =w=
Shakey 7/10

Hard to see on my phone but looks like ur closer to getting rid of owe.
Do your lucis have dex? Could not see once again... Work on your crit chance possibly and i take it you prefer bt vit boost? If not aim for for innas . Hard to give you solid feedback when im limited at work! :(
View profile
@ gradius

8/10

i like your wkl :)
@doughb1zzle, get a stat like lifesteal or critdamage on your echoing and get more stats on amulet, etc. NEED MORE DEX :D 8/10

Me next pls
Edited by NightCourt#1169 on 2/14/2013 7:24 AM PST
@NightCourt

Nice dps, not so vit. I love your 3 Inna's pieces and that Nat ring.

Side note: I sold a Inna's helm almost identical to yours for 180mil. The only difference was instead of Res. it had a decent life-regen number. Jusssoyouknow

8.5 outta 10
@NightCourt

Very nice gear, I would give it a 10/10, but i hate the fear on Echoing Fury lol (although, things probably don't have much of a chance to run from you)

Love the 99% CS, OS, Life steal sword, very sweet for a DW crit monk. Also a huge fan of the unity ring. Nice to see what a monk is able to achieve.

Judge my toon with a grain of salt since last night was the first time ive played in 4 months, wanted to try out somce of the changes since i hadn't had a chance to play since the first week of the monster power system. I can say this build is relatively cheap (cost me about 150 million gold 4 months ago, with 40 mill being on the fist weapon)

Once again nightcourt, very nice build/gear

Next person please rate Kojin above me. Thanks!
Edited by Artimen#1111 on 2/14/2013 7:45 AM PST
@Kojin

10/10

Great gear good stat placement. Perfect Vit Dex mix without losing damage.

I like that you are running a more complex build than the cyclone sweeping wind build.
View profile
@Artimen

yeah your monk reminds me of the old monk builds when Inferno mobs used to walk around with baseball bats with spikes in them and just tear it up.

You run with the Helm of Command, S&B with close to 1000 AR using OWE.

Times have changed and many have gone to a more DPS oriented build with LS as the main sustain.

Start to ramp up in that direction. Check out many of the guides on how to to maximize your gear options.

6.5/10 for an old schooler only way now is up.

@Pizzy11

Solid resistances with OWE but try and pick up weapons with socket to help bump your CD up. This alone will get you into the 125K+ DPS area. Also shoot for a bit more vit as 31 is pushing the low end. Try and get 40K+

7.9/10 you will be farming higher MPs soon. I have foreseen it!

EDIT:

I am actually buying weapons and doing a gear re-evaluation tonight after work.
I have been seeing a lot of these monks with a lower DPS off hand with high CD and opensocket. shooting for my offhand to have atleast 150% CD can i sacrifice weapon damage and bump up CD to boost my DPS?

To some extent you can do that but to make up for the low DPS it must have 80+CD, 150+ Dex, Open Socket with some sort of LS or LOH. You can find weapons similar to this with 600 DPS or 700 DPS but if you want to optimize DPS for a weapon its best to look at 900+ DPS but gets really pricey. As you can see from from the profile of the high end monks their weapons usually run 1000-1200+ DPS with LS, CD and Open socket.

NOTE: Attack speed on the weapon also plays a roll so try and look for one with 1.4 APS like a sword or fist.

Cheers-
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 2/14/2013 8:57 AM PST
@ Capt

I still want your fists. Man that comes out weird when you say that.

I want your.... weapons? There, better, less ambiguous and underground dungeon erotica.
@Pizzy11

Solid resistances with OWE but try and pick up weapons with socket to help bump your CD up. This alone will get you into the 125K+ DPS area. Also shoot for a bit more vit as 31 is pushing the low end. Try and get 40K+

7.9/10 you will be farming higher MPs soon. I have foreseen it!

I am actually buying weapons and doing a gear re-evaluation tonight after work.
I have been seeing a lot of these monks with a lower DPS off hand with high CD and opensocket. shooting for my offhand to have atleast 150% CD can i sacrifice weapon damage and bump up CD to boost my DPS?
@CaptainCarl

Yeah, i figured i would take it easy and do some MP4 in A3 Inferno as a refresher and I just kinda "zombied out" holding my FoT mouse button for everything (completely forgot about serenity). Even the sickest brute group with arcane, frozen and desecration was just like being hit with a wet noodle. My only issue now is not having enough DPS to kill treasure goblins in MP6 or above, but everything still melts pretty fast... cant imagine what 200+k base would do, maybe Ill start to work towards that since they have finally made some changes iver been hoping for (NV carrying over acts... its about time)

@ Buckster

Almost 100k DPS, nice, you just need more crit dmg, and dex; ugrading your gems should help and give you a nice dps boost tho

7.5/10
@Artimen

I kind of dig the super high armor + super high resistances + MoE:Backlash thing. I would probably trade out Deadly Reach for Cyclone Strike: Wall of Wind to get more mileage out of Backlash.

7 out 10
Edited by Lokust#1193 on 2/14/2013 8:14 AM PST
Lokust,

6/10

Get rid of that shenlongs ASAP, DPs too low, no socket etc

Nice crafted ammy! You needed that
@Azakiah

Wow!!! I would have to say 10/10

BTW congrats on the crafted ammy.
@redrud

Nice monk, you just need more HP, change your Nats boots for one with vit,

10/10
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]