I recently built a zero dog WD.
My profile:
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/castablanca-1545/CareBears/23976197
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Castablanca-1545/hero/23976197

How can I improve it further?
I used this guide written by IzenSosuke for reference:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65710243&f=142

Each dog is critting for 600-700k.
I have stacked pickup radius to 14, bonus from health globes to 20k+, and have met the other minimum requirements from the guide. My APS is 2.36. Of course I have -34 seconds to dogs.

My damage is still very low because of my pitiful CC and CD. I also have no lifesteal, which makes reflect damage sometimes dangerous if I don't stutter-step fast enough to absorb globes.
Any suggestions? Thanks!
Edited by Castablanca#1545 on 2/12/2013 7:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
id get a manajuma's carving nife for the life steal! you might lose a little dps depending on the one you get. but well worth it! and getting about 1k HP on hit is nice too!
Reply Quote
View profile
d get a manajuma's carving nife for the life steal! you might lose a little dps depending on the one you get. but well worth it! and getting about 1k HP on hit is nice too!

But I need Echo to sustain 2.0+ APS. Faster attack speed = faster health globes.
I was reading more witch doctor literature, and a lot of people say armor is really good for WD's because of Horrify frightening aspect.
I might add in horrify to boost my crappy armor.
Reply Quote
Nice WD man. A few suggestions would be to get your hp up to closer to 70k, for high mps you are getting stuck in, so you need more buffer than the ~50k you have with a life gem in. Swap out your Int gems or vit ones, most of the top end zero dog docs have made that switch at the expense of some DPS.

I cant look at your gear pieces individually because im on an ipad, but make sure to have 7 pick up radius and 20k plus bonus life from potions/globes.

Apart from that, if i was to be nit picky, your all res is a little low for he reccomended 700 for mp10.

Definitely a nice doc though and gratz on being able to use a mempo with the build.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/12/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Gold15
Nice WD man. A few suggestions would be to get your hp up to closer to 70k, for high mps you are getting stuck in, so you need more buffer than the ~50k you have with a life gem in. Swap out your Int gems or vit ones, most of the top end zero dog docs have made that switch at the expense of some DPS.

Great! I'm gonna try that for sure.
02/12/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Gold15
make sure to have 7 pick up radius and 20k plus bonus life from potions/globes.

I have 14 pickup radius, and +17k bonus life.
Is 3k more health globe that important?
Reply Quote
http://www.twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1302

Stream, guide, etc for 0dog.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Castablanca

Great! I'm gonna try that for sure.
make sure to have 7 pick up radius and 20k plus bonus life from potions/globes.

I have 14 pickup radius, and +17k bonus life.
Is 3k more health globe that important?

If you feel squishy then id go for another piece, not neccesarily 3k but the more the merrier. But i would try higher all res before buying another top end piece with health globe bonus.

On another look the mempo is amazing.....but, It is only greater thst a visage by 9 IAS, where as a yellow amulet would be greater than your mara by potentially 10CC, 100CD, and 9 IAS.

Ultimately, until you get a ridiculous 4billion mara with 10cc and 9 IAS with the reduction, a visage and rare ammy combo is going to yield more DPS.
Reply Quote
Change your Mempo to Visage....w Zero Dog 8s

Change your amu to tal rasha triagon, since i see most of your gear are end tier...

Change Echoing Fury to Any Sword 1.55 (aspd11%) CD & socket ... 1100++ dps prefer.

Umm, just a suggestion... but that amu really bringing a lot of your losses.

You lose 10.0 CC and 9% and 100% on amu... and u can afford a 6.0 Crit mempo...

Mind as well, you sell your Crit Mempo... and change to Amu instead
Reply Quote
View profile
02/12/2013 08:42 AMPosted by Gold15
On another look the mempo is amazing.....but, It is only greater thst a visage by 9 IAS, where as a yellow amulet would be greater than your mara by potentially 10CC, 100CD, and 9 IAS.

Good point! But Visage is soooooo fugly compared to mempo. But, math can tell know lie. I agree with your assessment.
02/12/2013 08:55 AMPosted by foong
You lose 10.0 CC and 9% and 100% on amu... and u can afford a 6.0 Crit mempo...

Yup. my mempo was 2B. but as Gold15 said, a Mara's that completes the cooldown is gonna be 4B+. I will seriously consider switching to Visage + Rare amulet (for example, the amulet on my demon hunter).

Well, it's too late for me to change cuz gold prices have skyrocketed overnight.
I might be able to sell Mempo, but the 15% cut hurts too much.
Edited by Castablanca#1545 on 2/12/2013 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
Screw all that! Do what I do and run a hybrid with buuurrs!

Nice looking 0 dog though... :)
Reply Quote
View profile
Screw all that! Do what I do and run a hybrid with buuurrs!

u know what, I've thought about that because my mana globe is basically always full with zero dogs.
Wouldn't it be nice for a fast mana dump?
But, all slots are taken by skills boosted by tribal rights. otherwise, it seems like a big waste not to make use of the 25% cooldown from the passive.

I also am thinking of subbing in Horrify Frightening Aspect (maybe to replace mass confusion/gargantuan).
Reply Quote
I have a dog build (around 135k dps with soj and EF). I have a very fast EF... so fast that even my CM Wiz can use it for freezing. I kinda know what i have done right (and wrong...)

Your helm is perfect for this build. Nothing come close imho.
However, ur dps is capped because of ur ammy. That's sth u need to upgrade for dps boost...but options are very limited unfortunately.

Down the road, you will to improve ur ehp also.
You can do better with a life steal sword or EF (to replace ur godly EF to start with). I dont know about you...i need to swap a LS weapon to deal with RD elites or I will blow myself out.

Quite a few good dog builds stack alot of vital for ehp, which turns out to be billions gold of investment. You can do the same. I think it's much cheaper to stack armor instead. For example, ur chest can have armor 800, witching hour with armor 500... get somewhere at 5k will be wonderful.

Well, idk.... u already put in like 2 bil gold in this build... see what u can come up with
Reply Quote
I wouldnt use horrify as monsters running away from you are pretty much the worst thing about this build. Switch it to mass confusion, paranoia to keep fat goats/ spear chuckers/ mages close while adding dps and taking the heat off of yourself.

Btw i think the mempo is ugly on all char except make monk, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess lol
Reply Quote
mempo is already one of the prettiest helms in this game dud... looks like a helm on those old japanese fighter (samura they call those?)
zuni helm is much worst imho. I will definitely make it invisible once we can do that (the blue said that they were working on it)

I wouldnt use horrify as monsters running away from you are pretty much the worst thing about this build. Switch it to mass confusion, paranoia to keep fat goats/ spear chuckers/ mages close while adding dps and taking the heat off of yourself.

Btw i think the mempo is ugly on all char except make monk, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess lol
Reply Quote
btw, did anyone notice that the server is much "lag-gier" than before?
So often that i have to avoid using my dog build in group game because it's too lag for other players.
Very frustrating...sigh...
Reply Quote
Try to get an all res chest, switch out hex for mass confusion with paranoia.

If you want to look into getting a pair of pants that have a lot of all resist and open sockets. Possibly look for some PUR on them or + armor, also you could look for extra health from globes.
Reply Quote
View profile
@Luffy:
Your helm is perfect for this build. Nothing come close imho.

xoxo
02/12/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Luffy
However, ur dps is capped because of ur ammy.

yesh
You can do better with a life steal sword or EF (to replace ur godly EF to start with).

For reflect damage, I just kite a little bit. For example, I spirit walk away, and start spamming dogs without sacrificing to generate a pool of health globes...
For example, ur chest can have armor 800, witching hour with armor 500... get somewhere at 5k will be wonderful.

Agreed. I will look for armored Tal Rasha chest. But, witching hour gives me +7 pickup radius (i have a total of +14 pickup). It will be hard to find +armor and +pickup on witching hour.

@Gold15:
02/12/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Gold15

Don't you think mass confusion with the cooldown rune is better than paranoia? Especially stacked with tribal rights... that's more consistent mass confusions in the long run... Also, does paranoia affect bosses?

@Necrophobia:
02/12/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Necrophobia
Try to get an all res chest, switch out hex for mass confusion with paranoia.

Armor Chest vs Res Chest? I think Armor would be more bang for buck at this point right?
Especially after referring to an armor X resists table... sorry can't find it anymore for link...
Reply Quote
View profile
BTW, how much do your zombie dogs crit?
Mine only crit 500k on regular mobs and 700k-800k on elites, sometimes higher.
How about you guys?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]