Diablo® III

Calamity Vs Manticore

I see that most players are using manticore, and at the same time there's still players that use calamity.

I've been told by some friends to make the switch, and others just tell me to upgrade to a higher dps manti. I've tried both and if you ask me to choose between the two, I wouldn't be able to make a choice as they're both great to me.

What's your preference? Why?
Reply Quote
windforce. It looks cool.
Reply Quote
View profile
this is such a easy choice, do you want a gun or a canon. more shots or more per hit damage.
Reply Quote
I picked up two a while back roughly the same dps and such, nothing great.

Personal choice, Manti was a little slow for me, i didn't like the concept of a 'stand n' shoot', sure manti is better for strafe, but it just didn't mesh with my personal views on how a DH would run.

I run Calamity with 3APS, sure, i do less dps..but with a high enough balance of CC/CD it's not as big of a difference as many think. And for a 'Speed' build it really fits, because even if i have to stop moving, i'm still blastin'.

If you want DPS/tank build go Manti.
If you want to be The Flash go Calamity
If you want a solid middle ground, go WF ;D
Reply Quote
personally I cant stand how slow manticore is but thats likely because ive spent about 90% of my gameplay as a cm wiz, so going from 3 aps to shooting 1 hard hitting arrow every few years is just too painfully slow for me to put up with.

manticore is capable of higher damage and each shot will hit for more damage (in theory)

calamity is an incredibly fast weapon, makes you spend hatred cery rapidly, but also lets you achieve procs / heals / stutter stepping much more than manticore.

it pretty much comes down to preference. If you dont mind the slow aps of manticore, then you'll get more damage per shot out of that, but if you prefer being able to fire off several attacks within a couple seconds (which will hit for slightly less) then calamity is the way to go. if your build is focused on making one attack hit as hard as possible such as cluster bombs, then you benefit most from manticore vs if your build is centered around constantly getting procs (like veil, for disc regen, more healing, sustaining longer stuns, etc) and using several different spells in combination with each other then calamity will likely be better.
Reply Quote
Manticore = best pve weapon.

Calamity + shield = so far the best dh vs dh weapon.
Edited by Cyon#1808 on 2/12/2013 12:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
My vote for the Windforce.
Knockbacks and Lifesteal love it.

But in case of Calamity vs Manticore, Calamity.

Manticore is just too slow.
Reply Quote
Calamity for PvE (without CM wiz)
Manticore for PvE (with CM wiz) and PvP
Reply Quote
Really like some of your input! Thanks =D
Reply Quote
I use manticore for low mp farming (higher single hit damage)

calamity for ubers and higher MP

o/
Reply Quote
^^
Reply Quote
If u solo high mp at all, manti >>>>> calamity. Manti is slow but high dmg. Allowing players more room for mobility without drop in dps. Calamity is fast and cool as fuk but, if u even miss firing one shot from moving, ur already falling behind manti in terms of dps.
Reply Quote
What skills are a 'no-no' to use when using a Calamity? I saw Cluster Arrow is one of them. Is there anything else?
Reply Quote
i will say spiked traps
Reply Quote
I use calamity because of the proc in mp10 runs. With a manticore youre more likely to die because of a lack of discipline after using your reserve (preparation). I use manticores for mp10 uber runs when im playimg with my cm wizard friends. I only use it for ubers. Getting stacks for ubers i use my calamity. Calamity has more versatility in low mp to high mp farmimg because of the synergy with certain passives.

That goes to say..the manticore is a beast when it comes to dps. In ubers with spike traps - echoing blast..uber bosses melt. Its slow and powerful and best used in a teamwork enviroment (cm wizard ally).

Good luck choosing which weapon best suits you.
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Books
If u solo high mp at all, manti >>>>> calamity. Manti is slow but high dmg. Allowing players more room for mobility without drop in dps. Calamity is fast and cool as fuk but, if u even miss firing one shot from moving, ur already falling behind manti in terms of dps.

Terrible and extremely inaccurate post. High proc rate, MFD, and much faster regen of hatred/disc (Nightstalker) allow the Calamity to excel at high MP levels.
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by THIEF2004#1697 on 2/17/2013 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
I use Manti with rapid fire, sure is not slow! I think mst DH are ignoring the best attack, rapid fire!
Reply Quote
I started with manticore and evrytime I see calamity thread I ignored reading it coz calamity has low dps compare to manticore. I dint know what I was missing til one day I was so bored and got gold to burn. So I decided to buy one out of boredom for a mil just to try it. Then unexpectedly it was the gameplay I never expected that I would like to experience ..... After the experience with the calamity I purchased a way better dps. If u are a manticore user and never tried calamity I suggest u stick with your high dps manticore coz once u equip calamity yul just can't stop lovin it...
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Mamuke
I started with manticore and evrytime I see calamity thread I ignored reading it coz calamity has low dps compare to manticore. I dint know what I was missing til one day I was so bored and got gold to burn. So I decided to buy one out of boredom for a mil just to try it. Then unexpectedly it was the gameplay I never expected that I would like to experience ..... After the experience with the calamity I purchased a way better dps. If u are a manticore user and never tried calamity I suggest u stick with your high dps manticore coz once u equip calamity yul just can't stop lovin it...

What he said!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]