Diablo® III

Calamity Vs Manticore

It seems more control on elites with Calamity for me with Bola Shot / Spike Traps.

Gameplay looks like 1-2-3=stun-trap, move, 1-2-3=stun-trap,.. repeat. Stunning gives me an option to setup traps under 2-3 elites and hold them in place. If any white bugger comes close behind, quick turn to him with EB-trap, and back to elites again. That control can't be achieved with Manticore.

In group play stunning for 1.5 seconds and holding target immobilised works well, so monks and barbs can do their job.

And yeah, quck Ball Lightning pumping under Gloom returns 100% life in no time, just point it to any mob, + penetrates and puts MfD on multiple targets.
Reply Quote
I use grenades cluster bomb, caltrops bait the traps, spike traps, and turret build using manticore. The reason why uses manticore is because it's the weapon for dh. Don't really care how other player here says that calamity is better because it has high attack speed with my build using my tank gears and having over 80k hp and 350k dps on my dh. I also have a high dps calamity and using same gears it takes forever to kill mobs and elites. On my manticore I'm getting 1.2mil crit on my spike traps and with a calamity only getting less than 500k which is less than half the damage or manticore. You do know by using calamity instead of manticore you are loosing 200% crit damage. Just my opinion manticore still superior than any weapon for demon hunters you just need to know how to properly build your dh. Well I have both weapons but I like more damage instead of attack speed. I'm still having almost 2.0 ais that's only 1.0 less than calamity.
Reply Quote
See, this is the type of discussion that SHOULD be happening more often. It's a testament to how well both weapons were designed by the developers.

I run a Calamity with just over 3aps. It's sweet for killing things in a short amount of time, and it regenerates Hatred very quickly. (At > 3aps, you can shoot 3-4 Cluster Arrows in quick succession, and really do some serious damage to elites, especially when your crit damage is high.) If you have big Hatred spenders (like me), or use Night Stalker passive to refill Discipline (again, like me), Calamity is the best choice. If you run a more defensive build, use a Manticore. Manticores are MUCH cheaper for the same DPS (because everyone wants 2-socketed Manticores.) I bought mine for 1.3 million, and I can't find a Calamity with similar DPS and crit damage for that little.
Edited by MimSiEOD#1720 on 9/18/2013 7:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
..try the 2 weapons on Act 4 MP10 solo (Silver Spire 2 and Gardens Tier 2, also with Subjugator and Incenerator Elite Packs).
Reply Quote
I personally prefer Calamity than Manticore after countless experiments. I think it is an all-rounded with speed, versatility (1H), decent damage. Manticore is perfect for team plays for huge DPS hits on mobs and bosses provided you have tanker buddies to help you block all incoming mobs while you support from behind, especially on mp8-10.

I've done uber10 with DH friends with over 400K unbuffed DPS, and trust me they milk those HP crazy from afar. Aside from that it also depends on your build and playing style.
Reply Quote
I use calamity and a manticore. Depends on your build. Each you can tank. I survive more using calamity. I stand still against any elites with any affix. Preference and build style. Who knows what will happen to my gears once expansion comes though.
Reply Quote
I personally prefer Calamity than Manticore after countless experiments. I think it is an all-rounded with speed, versatility (1H), decent damage. Manticore is perfect for team plays for huge DPS hits on mobs and bosses provided you have tanker buddies to help you block all incoming mobs while you support from behind, especially on mp8-10.I've done uber10 with DH friends with over 400K unbuffed DPS, and trust me they milk those HP crazy from afar. Aside from that it also depends on your build and playing style.

Solo MP10 Ubers on a DH is nothing special now, we have all done it even without a follower. Act 4 MP 10 solo on the other hand..
Edited by THIEF2004#1697 on 9/19/2013 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]