Diablo® III

New Archon Plan drops

Has anyone found the best path to farm these?

Refer below.

ITEMS
General
Crafting Plans and Jeweler Designs have been added for all of the new Rare recipes listed above
These plans (excluding the chest piece) will drop randomly in the world and have a chance to drop off the following bosses when you have 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor:
Skeleton King
Spider Queen
Maghda
Zoltun Kulle
Ghom
Cydaea
Rakanoth
Izual
The drop rate from the above bosses will also scale according to your Monster Power level:
MP 0: 20%
MP 1: 23.2%
MP 2: 26.912%
MP 3: 31.218%
MP 4: 36.213%
MP 5: 42.007%
MP 6: 48.728%
MP 7: 56.524%
MP 8: 65.568%
MP 9: 76.059%
MP 10: 88.228%
The Archon Armor recipe can be purchased from Squirt the Peddler for 1.5 million gold each
Reply Quote
I don't know the best, but in act 3 I'm doing skycrown first to get stacks, then kill keywarden in stonefort, then kill ghom.

Get's a decent number of keys and plans.
Reply Quote
that seems to be the obvious choice....what chapter is Cydaea in? Ghom is in chatper 3...dunno if it will be worthwhile to run all the way to Cydaea in towers/arreat
Reply Quote
^^^ except I skip keywarden. Skycrown gets me 5 pretty quick and then off to Ghom with a TP and WP.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 07:05 PMPosted by DeboDaChamp
^^^ except I skip keywarden. Skycrown gets me 5 pretty quick and then off to Ghom with a TP and WP.
Why would u skip kw?

according to the above numbers....looks like mp10 farming all the way.
Reply Quote
Just buy them. they're stupidly cheap.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Aphraell
Just buy them. they're stupidly cheap.

Sorry for the 1001 questions, but I'm at work right now and wont be on for another 4 hrs...but what are the prices?
Reply Quote
I've made a decent amount of gold selling them so far, they will get even cheaper and then be not worth it, but so far selling them is good. I've only kept the int plans, and I probably should have sold them too since the price is going to plummet.

Edit: I'm also not doing mp10, although I can. The gain is not as big as it is with keys and ubers so I don't see it being worth the time. I'm at mp7 with glass cannon on right now.
Edited by JackStraw#1836 on 2/12/2013 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Don't bother to farm them. They are cheap on the AH. Got bracers for 120K (of course I got *13* of them because the AH is borked) the gloves for 450K and the ammy for 1M.
Reply Quote
Why would u skip kw?

according to the above numbers....looks like mp10 farming all the way.

I dont rreally want hellfire rings and I dont want to spend the time searching for the Key warden. I can get 5 elites really quickly in Skycrown and then TP, WP, and kill ghom.
Edited by DeboDaChamp#1101 on 2/12/2013 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
buy them on the ah for a pittance. worth hardly anything
Reply Quote
in the first hour I sold 7 plans for 1-3 million each.

just now I bought the 2 plans I wanted for 200k each. LOL.
Reply Quote
in the first hour I sold 7 plans for 1-3 million each.

just now I bought the 2 plans I wanted for 200k each. LOL.

That profit margin is pretty shaggylicious......see what i did there?
Reply Quote
If you want to hunt them, instead of buying them, the best route i have found is tower1-2 usually get 5 stacks, if not i just tele out and do a stack in keep 3...then go back to wp so portal is still at Cydeaa... kill Cydeaa...Then I go and kill azmo(even though he doesnt have 50% drop...then just go right through to act 4 and kill izkuta or whatever his name is, then i kill rakanoth...3x 50% drop rate boss's in about 15 minute run!!!
Edited by Vikesfan353#1980 on 2/12/2013 8:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Cydaea then Azmo, go to Act 4, Rakanoth

Quick runs, and NV transfer acts now if you missed it in the notes.
Reply Quote
So u can buy them on ah now for 200k..... Looks like that new farming incentive by blizzard lasted all of 5 hours. Solid patch blizzard!!!!! You Rock so hard!!!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]