Diablo® III

who reach 5k armor without shield?

I see armor and strength benefit WD more than other classes (except Barb)
With the skill Horrify - Frightening Aspect, armor & strength actually have 200% modifier (with 4/7 up time)
Reply Quote
I am close...like 200 armor away
Reply Quote
Yeah that would be at the expense of way too much all res, no diminishing returns thanks.
Reply Quote
armor is such a undervalued stats...compared to the "overvalued" ar, armor is what u need to counter RD...but tomorrow is another day and all the QQ about rd will be happy....
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 12:13 AMPosted by Coffee
Yeah that would be at the expense of way too much all res, no diminishing returns thanks.

unless you stack AR with Armor

Horrify = 10k armor for me; 12k when I go shield. Nothing like getting your ehp trippled with a press of a button.
Reply Quote
I rolled with a 5k Armor build for a bit. Not hard, just favor Str as the 'junk' stat when grabbing pieces.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 01:14 AMPosted by Pillz

unless you stack AR with Armor

Horrify = 10k armor for me; 12k when I go shield. Nothing like getting your ehp trippled with a press of a button.

if your armor is high enough, it will be the second invulnerable button other than spirit walk, but last for 8 sec.
Reply Quote
Aim for 4k armor and 700-800 AR.

You'll be fine and don't need more.

RD is reflected as physical, so some extra phys ress on some items is recommended.
Reply Quote
5600 Armor now. Never use a shield
Reply Quote
ive got 4850ish armor and 750ish ar
Reply Quote
View profile
02/12/2013 02:57 AMPosted by basdebouwer
RD is reflected as physical, so some extra phys ress on some items is recommended.

No need with 1.0.7 changes being implemented. RD is now a good affix for elites to have. No more stupid weapon swapping for me.
Reply Quote
I've got 5k while I'm in my 0dog armor. Its nice, 5k armor, 750 AR, 50k hp, 100k dps. I never die in mp10 Ubers. I'm there to support! BBV, Paranoia, Jaunt resurrections, health globe heals... WD is amazing, and its even fun to play! Who knew?
Reply Quote
View profile
I have about 4700 armor and 400 allres without int. The best solution is to have both high allres and high armor. when there is a choice between them, you should use a eHP calculator to determine which will benefit your character the most.
I'm not a fan of Horrify. I use Bad Medicine instead, because all my attacks are poison based.
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/m0w1K.png

The best solution is balance all res and armor properly, which unless you are sacrificing DPS you are not going to do easily with 5 armor. As we can see from the graph, 5k armor with 500 all res means you are taking 14.06% damage, while 4k armor with 700 all res would be only 12.86% (and realistically you should be able to get 800 AR if you are sacrificing a full 1000 armor which would take you to 11.69%). 5k armor is too much.

The horrify argument is counter-intuitive because the more res you have the more you get out of the armor even if the buff is less.
Edited by Coffee#1942 on 2/12/2013 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
the %shown in this graphci represents what exactly?
Reply Quote
View profile
It's not a choice of 200 allres vs.1000 armor. It's a choice of 60-80 allres vs, 600 armor per gear piece or whatever it is you can afford.
You will notice that your 4000 armor and 700 allres (which you realize doesn't include int additions) is the same as 5000 armor and 600 allres.
It is not easier to get hi allres than high armor.
As I said before, use an eHP calculator to see which will benefit your character more.
Reply Quote
It's not a choice of 200 allres vs.1000 armor. It's a choice of 60-80 allres vs, 600 armor per gear piece or whatever it is you can afford.
You will notice that your 4000 armor and 700 allres (which you realize doesn't include int additions) is the same as 5000 armor and 600 allres.
It is not easier to get hi allres than high armor.
As I said before, use an eHP calculator to see which will benefit your character more.

The bare minimum you are going to stack 1000 armor on is 3 pieces and (assuming legendaries with a single roll) you could get 75 AR a piece instead, it IS easier to get higher all res then armor. What rolls +600 armor exactly? And why would it not include int additions? Int all res doesn't count towards mitigation?
Edited by Coffee#1942 on 2/12/2013 8:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
02/12/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Coffee
The bare minimum you are going to stack 1000 armor on is 3 pieces and (assuming legendaries with a single roll) you could get 75 AR a piece instead, it IS easier to get higher all res then armor.

You can look at my gear if you want to see my armor. There is no such thing as getting 75 AR on Lacuni's, Zuni boots, and Zuni helms. If you do get it, you are paying large sums of gold or giving up DPS.

What is the link to your character? I would like to see this gear you are describing.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 08:14 AMPosted by skywalkerfx
The bare minimum you are going to stack 1000 armor on is 3 pieces and (assuming legendaries with a single roll) you could get 75 AR a piece instead, it IS easier to get higher all res then armor.

You can look at my gear if you want to see my armor. There is no such thing as getting 75 AR on Lacuni's, Zuni boots, and Zuni helms. If you do get it, you are paying large sums of gold or giving up DPS.

What is the link to your character? I would like to see this gear you are describing.

I agree there are better places to stack armor then all res due to cost (I use Zuni boots and my Witching Hour as a few of those) but that still doesn't change the % mitigations.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Coffee-1942/hero/2397108

Is my profile, not that I am saying I have the perfect balance yet (I also have AR/armor bracers and a VERY high armor set of blackthornes for alternative EHP gear for MP10 ubers). What you are seeing a slightly DPS heavier set, although really my gear doesn't change the facts.
Reply Quote
View profile
Int adds 200-300 resistance to a character and skews the table. If you are talking about int being included than a character only needs 400 allres to hit 700 resistance (at least a mid Paragon level character.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]