Diablo® III

Tales from my Exile

I logged in today just to say that PoE beats D3 in everything (and I was with D2 and D3 day one player- well more like failed to launch day since servers were down 1st day)..

And I am baffled why people even can say that graphics of D3 are better, they look so bad in D3 is not even funny, creatures are not smooth looking, not natural, proportions are horrible... textures are cartoon and lack detail.. that doesn't even comment on the mood which is just not what Diablo is about..

Graphics/animation textures are meant to make the game more believable/realistic (even in a fantasy way)... diablo 3 failed bad since it looks like WoW zoomed out.. and PoE is outstanding, they really did a great job on graphics and the details are superb... not mentioning everything else, even soundtrack owns... the sounds from the dungeons, moans and !@#$... intense.. Diablo 3 is mockery of the franchise
Edited by FrenzyFriend#1260 on 2/12/2013 9:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
So much hate in this thread. These are video games.

PoE does rock though. I wish Blizzard would get their eggs in a basket with D3. Don't get me wrong I love D3 but just thinking of the potential that it can be is painful. Blizzard has the resources, while a couple guys from New Zealand with a fraction of their budget and personnel really showed them up.

I mean the innovation in PoE: naming games, listening to the fanbase... jeez it's like a whole 'nother world in the genre of online RPGs. /sarcasm, for the mentally disabled

At least we can make Mempos invisible now.
Reply Quote
Im in love with PoE, I still play D3, but ive played since release, so something new is fun. During D3s first 2 weeks of release, however, I did not have nearly as much fun as I am in my first 2 weeks of poe....
Reply Quote

I don't need any gaming credentials to make a claim about the quality of a game's graphics. I only need my own good visual taste. Which is amazing. I've seen enough screenshots to be able to claim that PoE's visual style is awful. And I my good visual taste is not up to discussion and neither is it related at all with how much time I have to spend in a video game.

I'm sorry but screenshots? Play the game for more than 10 minutes and you will not even be able to say what you just said with a straight face. The quality of the graphics may not be on par with Diablo III's, but they are by no stretch inadequate for what the game is trying to achieve.

Also, the quality of the graphics have nothing to do with the "visual style" of the game. If it is your opinion that the visual quality is awful, that is fine, but that means that you prefer the cartoon-like style to the dark and gritty style. That is simply a matter of preference. Style, when it comes down to it, is a choice that the developers and designers make, not a quality bound concept. If Path of Exile's style was different, and still poorly executed, then you would have a point. That isn't the case.
Reply Quote

Wow what a sad sad attempt to put me down. I must have hit a nerve, did I hurt your feelings? I'm sorry little guy.

First of all you say D3 is ruined because of people like me, so one, you are admitting D3 is ruined? and 2 how is it because of the community and not because they put out a bad product. Also if its ruined why do you still play? E-peen? I doubt you know what that is, and I guess fun for you is being bad at games in general? I usually have fun when I'm winning games, or when I am doing the highest content or doing massive damage. You have no idea how I got my gear, but I know you will assume the worst the help your argument. In fact the game itself gave me all the wealth I needed within the first month of the game, 1.1k dmg bow w/socket and crit dmg and 2 1h 1k+ dmg weapons with sockets, got to love RNG amirite??? Don't be jealous because in general you are just bad, its ok, we call you guys casuals...and even I'm more casual these days.

Please tell me when I ever showed off? Obviously you think that, just because I called your characters bad, and you admitted to it. I mean 8-9months into this game to have the stats you do is a shame and makes me think you log on just to look at your auctions or something.

The rest of your post is your silly little way of trying to take little jabs at me. I know I'm better at games than you, that doesn't mean thats' all I have in life, that just means overall you are bad. It's ok, there are people better at games at me too, but I have plenty of a life, and probably more so than you. After looking at your characters I felt sorry for you, but if you also think this is Diablo 3 was meant to be, I feel even more sorry for you.

I know deep inside you really do wish you could be like me, either that or you wrote it in your post for dramatic effect? Which had 0 effect, because no matter how hard you try, you will still be what you are, which is below me. Something to wipe my feet on, so thanks for being there!

"little guy"

"below me"

You sound like a real charmer.. are you this annoying in real life too?
Reply Quote
Animus.

I have a lot of the same feelings in regards to the 2 games.

PoE has won me over as it has included the role playing aspect to the game. In fact, it is front and center. Right where I like it. Also, the 18 person team behind the game have shown great interest in improving upon what's there already based on the community's feedback.

The graphics, from my personal perspective, are quite good, and not far off the mark of D3. However, they could be of D1 or D2 quality and it wouldn't matter to me at all due to the super cool underlying game.

It's not for everyone though, thank goodness.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Saga
First of all you say D3 is ruined because of people like me,
Bad reading skills are not something to brag about.

No, you ruined D3 for yourself. D3 remains a fun game for people that are not in your condition. I am fairly sure that even PoE would be fun for someone like me. But I can't say the same about you. Enjoy feeling misserable when playing PoE. That's what you do afterall, ruining your own gaming experience because of your insecurity issues.

You can talk all about how you must have hit a nerve and thus the reason of my long post. But you probably should avoid doing so in a long post with sad attempts to return jabs - It shows a lack of self-awareness.

Oh, and that whole hipster vibe you give? Yeah, better keep working on fixing it, cause it is getting worse :/.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 2/15/2013 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
84 Human Warrior
02/15/2013 12:14 PMPosted by vexorian
First of all you say D3 is ruined because of people like me,
Bad reading skills are not something to brag about.

No, you ruined D3 for yourself. D3 remains a fun game for people that are not in your condition. I am fairly sure that even PoE would be fun for someone like me. But I can't say the same about you. Enjoy feeling misserable when playing PoE. That's what you do afterall, ruining your own gaming experience because of your insecurity issues.

You can talk all about how you must have hit a nerve and thus the reason of my long post. But you probably should avoid doing so in a long post with sad attempts to return jabs - It shows a lack of self-awareness.

Oh, and that whole hipster vibe you give? Yeah, better keep working on fixing it, cause it is getting worse :/.

Please, dude, please - just stop posting. You really don't have any idea how childishly stupid you sound.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 09:33 PMPosted by vexorian
PS: I don't need any gaming credentials to make a claim about the quality of a game's graphics. I only need my own good visual taste. Which is amazing. I've seen enough screenshots to be able to claim that PoE's visual style is awful. And I my good visual taste is not up to discussion and neither is it related at all with how much time I have to spend in a video game.

Your taste sucks, get bent.
If you have even a mind of sense at all, do a side by side comparison and D3 is rainbow colors compared to PoE. Glad to know you're a hipster. Not cool. Unless that's what you're trying to be then okay. whatever

http://i.imgur.com/t74NiQH.jpg

So your quality really says that rainbow unicorn land is better in terms of graphics right?

And also you don't need gaming credentials to make a claim about game graphics, so yeah not really anyone does so who cares about your taste? You have no credentials and admittedly said so yourself.

Just look at that TOP LEFT shot on right side where the barbarian is?, there really is a RAINBOW in there. *facepalm* idiot. if you can't see it go get your eyes checked I think D3 burned all your cone cells out.

Just look at the detail of the railing on the right side, that !@#$ LOOKS LIKE TORCHLIGHT literally in D3, mixed with confusing design of realism. PoE is at least consistent. You can't even discern good quality graphics yet you make the blatant claim to know it. As Red Foreman once said to Eric Foreman on 70s show. "Dumb@$$"
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/16/2013 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
In the time leading up to actually trying out PoE, I was concerned. I loved the game mechanics, ideas and systems I was reading about, but I had also read post after post on these D3 forums about the extremely terrible graphics.

Having always been able to get over bad graphics to enjoy the underlying game, I decided to give it a shot anyway.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I found the quality to be on par with D3. In a lot of scenarios even superior. For example, they capture the damp wetness look & feel much more convincingly than D3 does. The armor and weapons also look better to me as well.

The quality improves as one ventures deeper through the game to the end of the current (to be continued) end.

None of that really matters much though. The game is just juicier. Much more meat on the bone :)
Reply Quote
I've played to level 60 in POE (A2 merciless). The art is laughably bad. It's true that you stop paying attention after a while but that doesn't change the fact that the textures are piss poor.

The combat does improve, but it never get's anywhere near as fun as it does in D3 or TL2.

They desperately need some sort of in game Trading Post or currency AH.

They need to fix their desync issues.

They need to be more open minded and address the FFA looting issues. If things remain as they are pickit bots will run rampant and many people will just leave the game.

Their community is almost as bad as that in MOBAs. Hell, even Kripp promotes the elitist attitudes in that game.

D3 has its own issues, which is why I never really got into the game very much or played in the past couple of months. But D3 has actually made a lot more progress since last may than POE has.
Edited by FrodoFragins#1142 on 2/17/2013 3:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
D3 has its own issues, which is why I never really got into the game very much or played in the past couple of months. But D3 has actually made a lot more progress since last may than POE has.

poe's been out for 3 weeks. vs. d3s 9 months... what a statement..
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/17/2013 3:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 03:45 AMPosted by KradisZ

poe's been out for 3 weeks. vs. d3s 9 months... what a statement..

It's always easy to spot the haters who just make stuff up as they spew. lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]