Diablo® III

Point me in the right direction :) CM gear

Hey,

I've just started playing again from a month long break. Been working on my CM gear for quite some time. I'm wondering if anyone on here can give me suggestions? Let me know what i'm doing wrong, or right. Any help would be greatly appreciated as experimentation is becoming expensive.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
CRITICAL mass. Guessing that means you have HIGH CRITICAL DAMAGE + HIGH CRITICAL CHANCE. It's a focus on critical damage. A Skorn for instance has usually high critical damage and also can have like 400+ intelligence. If you need more info check my current build ;)
Reply Quote
Think you might wanna get rid of your skorn and get Chantodos set, you need APOC
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 09:44 PMPosted by WildCanadian
CRITICAL mass. Guessing that means you have HIGH CRITICAL DAMAGE + HIGH CRITICAL CHANCE. It's a focus on critical damage. A Skorn for instance has usually high critical damage and also can have like 400+ intelligence. If you need more info check my current build ;)

This is probably the worst advice I have heard for CM Wizards.
Skorns are very bad for CM wizards because of the very low attack speed. And the possible +10 crit you can get from orbs.
Your main focus for this build is Crit hit chance > Attack Speed > Armor > All resist > Critical hit damage. Critical hit damage should be the last thing you stack when you can.

You need crit chance to proc critical mass obliviously, but you also need more attack speed to get your tornadoes to tick faster; more tornadoes ticking faster means you are freezing, throwing out diamond skin and spamming explosive blast faster and faster as you stack more speed(but crit is always the #1 try hitting atleast 45-50%). Depending on what MP you want to do you will need a certain amount of armor and all resist. you can take the more defensive CM build and go for Crystal Shell and Prismatic armor but your damage goes down quiet a bit from not having Storm armor-Shocking Aspect and Diamond Skin-Diamond Shards.
Could go further into detail but just use this thread to get you going in the right direction.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350715501
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593740666

I wrote the above thread which should give you some gearing options.
Reply Quote
Hey,

I've just started playing again from a month long break. Been working on my CM gear for quite some time. I'm wondering if anyone on here can give me suggestions? Let me know what i'm doing wrong, or right. Any help would be greatly appreciated as experimentation is becoming expensive.

Sorry I was given the impression you didn't know what you were doing lol.

Your gear looks good, what do you want help with? you look like you are doing it right haha
Reply Quote
You don't use a Skorn so your opinion is empty
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 01:00 AMPosted by WildCanadian

holy LOL! yeah man you don't know what your talking about all us CM wiz are going to Skorn... =D
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 01:00 AMPosted by WildCanadian

I have like 10 Skorns, and it is not opinion its fact. skorns and any two handers for that matter are very bad for CM wizards.
You don't have any Arcane Power on crit, how do you even get this build to work?
Please actually learn more about your class before trying to give people horrible horrible advice.

I think you need this link more than OP
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200301791
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]