Diablo® III

Unstable internet connection

Hi guys,

I did not find more appropriate forum section to contact blizzard support directly, so i'll post it here.

At first i would like to thanks you for your perfect games. Unfortunately i have very unstable internet connection and i lost already some heroes in diablo 3 by that reason. Of course i understand that death in hardcore mode is permanent and i like it. I guess that many peoples have the same problems with internet connection and it is not exactly fairly when you loose your hero because of internet provider.

I propose the following solution:

When internet connection becomes down, everything in the game stops. The game will start from that same moment after reconnection. This way will give a chance for the player to survive. At the same time this solution will provide defense from swindlers, who purposely will disconnects in hard situation in the game.

I believe that some kind of that idea could make the game a little bit better for many peoples.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Reply Quote
This is an issue with every online game. It is not something that is a simple programming fix. As EmmetOtter said, it takes time for the server to even know you have disconnected. So it could still take 10+ secs to even activate the "Pause" you propose.

Disconnects are, as in your case, mainly on the USERs end. There really isnt much more Blizzard can do at this stage. The servers are very stable.
Reply Quote
Considering that you can send a packet of data anywhere in the United states in 30-90 milliseconds, assuming you don't have bad internet, I don't see why you would need more than 3 or 4 seconds to determine that a connection has dropped. There are dozens of real-time, ultra sensitive applications that know how to handle such a problem.

Need more proof? Diablo 2 did a great job at detecting disconnects. It was exploited by people who used insta-drop hacks and whatnot, but I'd rather have those people in the game than loosing characters to spotty internet connections.

This is the main reason why I don't play D3 (not that anyone cares).

Cheers!
Edited by Poppa#1899 on 2/16/2013 10:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

I did not find more appropriate forum section to contact blizzard support directly, so i'll post it here.

At first i would like to thanks you for your perfect games. Unfortunately i have very unstable internet connection and i lost already some heroes in diablo 3 by that reason. Of course i understand that death in hardcore mode is permanent and i like it. I guess that many peoples have the same problems with internet connection and it is not exactly fairly when you loose your hero because of internet provider.

I propose the following solution:

When internet connection becomes down, everything in the game stops. The game will start from that same moment after reconnection. This way will give a chance for the player to survive. At the same time this solution will provide defense from swindlers, who purposely will disconnects in hard situation in the game.

I believe that some kind of that idea could make the game a little bit better for many peoples.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Are you retarded? You have an unstable connection and you still decided to play hardcore? Something is clearly wrong with you.In addition you want to ruin the hardcore experience for the majority so the you and your crappy connection can have a easier time? Go back to softcore or quit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]