Diablo® III

1.07 gives a new style for cm/SNS

the main problem is that if you don't need wormhole then you are farming too high of an MP level.

To be efficient you should be teleporting almost constantly or you might as well use lazybeam archon if you like walking.

I don't know, I find the boost to exp and Essence drop rates quite valuable in mp 7-10. I guess mp 3-5 to wormhole all over the place is more efficient still?

The boost in essence drop rates is completely negated by MP difficulty scaling.
can you do 2.5 more elite packs per hour in MP0 than in MP10? Then you can get more DE in MP0. (aka every single player out there)

The boost in XP is much less cut and dry, but really nothing beats fast killing. Once you are killing mobs as fast as you can get to them, efficiency is about how fast you can get to them. Once you are moving as fast as possible (constant wormhole), then efficiency is about how high can you tune your MP level before it slows down your kills per hour. Right now my kills per hour are only marginally different for MP0-2 so I do MP2 because loot, xp, DE, are all products of kills per hour. It doesn't matter that MP10 has a 510% multiplier you are killing 6x less mobs per hour.

Of course, none of this matters if you aren't having fun. Efficiency isn't the whole game, but upper MP levels aren't efficient for anything but uber/keys
Reply Quote
I tried it for a couple hours last night. Several different runes. I love changing different skills out in the 6th slot. I definitely use wormhole most often, but I feel this is the one place I can get some variety. I like to run with electrify or meteor from time to time.

I can honestly say I was super excited to try it out. It didn't really do it for me. Electrify and meteor do more dps I'm sure. It takes an attack turn so you have to momentarily stop tornados to cast blizzard on the perimeter (like meteor) which is annoying.

That said, it was good enough to make it into the list of occasional spells in the 6th slot.
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Ryner
to be honest, i tried blizzard, i think the dmg is too slow. It is over time. I like meteor that is instant dmg and spammable! hehe i guess personal play style.

But that is the thing a lot of people seem to miss.

You cannot spam Blizzard. You cast it once, and that is it for 6-8 seconds depending upon runes.

It also does not have that melt through things quickly at low to mid MP levels that Meteor Storm does, why? because you can spam meteor.
Reply Quote
sick of meteor due to delay in casting time; use frozen rune w/ blizzard, cold blooded and zap them w/ electrocute w/ forked rune.
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 09:18 PMPosted by DethAxe
sick of meteor due to delay in casting time; use frozen rune w/ blizzard, cold blooded and zap them w/ electrocute w/ forked rune.

That is what Frost Nova is for, to keep the bastards in place while you smash them with a barrage of Meteors. :)
Reply Quote
Some people say it's not worth casting blizzard over more tornadoes, but with my source (+2 secs to blizzard) I think its pretty nice.
It takes few miliseconds to cast it, thus it lasts long enough to proc several times and dealing damage to a huge area.
Reply Quote
ok so I've had some time to do some more testing between electrify, blizzard, and just plain old teleport wormhole. I want to be able to fly through MP7-8 at a consistant speed and get exp like my mp2 archon does. Honestly teleport wormhole is hard to beat; there's nothing like teleporting onto monsters at will and flying through empty spaces. With that said I found electrify to be really good on mp8 and even without teleport my exp was similar. I tried blizzard with a 3 sec chants so it's at 11 seconds. On my act 3 runs it's just not getting the same overall speed as electrify or teleport. It's close but every hour I stay on it I'd lose more exp.

So my conclusion is that it's really hard to beat teleport in any instance. I kinda like using blizzard on act1-2 key farming to finish off all the extra little guys and flying mobs. I mean at the end of the day they all performed so closely to eachother that I'll still use it. I like how blizzard cleans up the field. One more thing is that blizzard is useless if you have to cast it more than once per group or elite. You really wanna finish them in that 11 seconds.

I really just hate using teleport and only teleport I really like trying to spice it up
Edited by Harrower#1804 on 2/17/2013 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VPXYhT!gWe!Yccccc

This does as good as bliz or better. I'm just sticking to electrify and teleport cuz at 200k dps I don't need anything else to melt mp7-8
Reply Quote
Very coincidental that this thread popped up just now.

I went for a uber10 run with RobertVargas yesterday and cos our team was all punching above their weight, we decided to try new skills. I tried Blizzard(Frozen solid). The dmg on it sucks....even with the 1.07 buff....there were times where Robert was picked up by SB and as i was using the frozen solid rune, SB got frozen upto 2 times per cast - even tho i stopped spamming nova.

Rob - dude let me down.
Me - I'm not spamming nova, just diamond skin and exp blast!
Rob - what rune are u using for blizzard?
Me - ohhhhhhhh :> wait 6 secs...its almost over :>

Final verdict - Blizzard looks cool and if fun to cast. Frozen solid procs so much more than pre-patch. But if you're looking for a dps spell, stick to meteor.
Reply Quote
View profile
Why use frost nova at all? Does no damage and seems redundant when using blizzard which procs cold blood. Try electrify substitute.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Aimless
Why use frost nova at all? Does no damage and seems redundant when using blizzard which procs cold blood. Try electrify substitute.

Damage mitigation. Frozen mobs deal no damage and don't use abilities much. Non-frozen elites will be annoying as can be, even if you kill them in 15s or so. You can also use the buff runes for 15% CC or 15% more damage. Personally I'd just use electrify over blizzard since FN freezes the mobs anyway. You can always get more CB uptime by giving your scoundrel a buriza or whatever it's called.
Reply Quote
Blizzard should not be a replacement to Meteor - it's a replacement for Slow Time - the difference is Blizzard deals damage. I've played this build before 1.0.7. It is somewhat like a hybrid between a CM/WW and a Kiter build. You can kite with this build and you can perma-freeze also. Explosive blast is not really needed. WW is enough to proc CM and blizzard also procs CM in 1.0.7. I use Storm Armor/RoF instead. Quite effective.
Reply Quote

Your hate to FN doesn't mean it isn't the best choice. Nothing beat stunlock in this game, I play all of the possible styles, and the most effective way to play is to prevent mobs from taking actions. FN is still the best choice as it stuns.

On a side note it deals damage xD
Reply Quote

Because frozen RD doesn't RD :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]