Diablo® III

Best Farming Spots

Lately I've been trying to farm Legendaries and Demonic Essence

I find TRing through VotA a good place to farm demonic essence but i very rarely find any legendaries.
I tried TRing through KD1-3 and had no luck with legendaries either.

So my question is really. Whats better for farming demonic essence and legendaries.

TRing through low mp or doing higher mp slower.
Reply Quote
The best farming in this game, generally, involves playing at the highest level you can absolutely crush. The lone exception might be players who can only comfortably handle the first two acts in MP0--because of the way item affixes roll based on the mob level, they might want to try sucking it up and plowing through Act 3 on MP0.
Reply Quote
I get tons and tons of legendaries when farming mp9-10 high density trash areas with friends. Keeps2 alone gives me an average of close to 1 legendary alone and often 3+ per run, almost all from trash mobs.

The problem is, demonic essence farming is much faster when you solo TR lower MP.
You're trying to combine 2 completely different things.
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
The best farming in this game, generally, involves playing at the highest level you can absolutely crush. The lone exception might be players who can only comfortably handle the first two acts in MP0--because of the way item affixes roll based on the mob level, they might want to try sucking it up and plowing through Act 3 on MP0.

I can speed farm mp3-4 quite smoothly but not with TR. I can also handle farming mp7 but its a bit slow. So just curious what ppl think is fastest.
Clearing super quick on lower mp or
Clearing slower on high mp.

02/16/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Wittster
You're trying to combine 2 completely different things.

I want to know peoples opinions for the best on each not for farming both together.

atm VotA is great for essence farming. Around 3mins a run with TR on mp1 and i get 2 on average a run.
Reply Quote
the fastest legendary farming is when u are having fun and wouldnt mind playing long hours doing what u did. For me it involves not getting bored TR-ing around. Lower mp means there will be runs that wont get anything, so i avoid it. I also do full act 3 clear just not to get bored.

ATM im doing mp 6 full act 3 clerar, getting ~3-7 legend per full run.
Reply Quote
Here is just my experience so take it how you like :D

1. Fast run: I do this when I don't have much time to play or when I hate Act 3 lol

- Get Way-Point at Act 2 - Vault of Assassin.
- MP5+ - If you want to play on "high MP" then MP5 is the lowest MP you need to play on.
- Clear Vault of Assassin
- Go to KeyWarden and going/stay on the right side of the map untill you found the Keywarden and kill it
- Usually after about 3 runs or so then a legs will drop (for me)

2. Long Run:

- Start from Azmodan Quest and Way-Point
- Keep go like Alkaizer route but you need to keep going untill you get to Spider Queen area
- Teleport to Rakkis -- > Fields of Slaughter
- Depth 1 then Depth 2 - This is here where legendary drop the most. So you need to clear the whole area. If legendary begin to drop alot then you can do Depth 3 + Stonfort.

3. Hard and Short run:

- MP10
- Get 5NV from anywhere - The Core - - > Tower or Skycrown/StoneFort.
- Depth 1+2+3 - Depth is the place where legendary drop the most and prolly has the most monster in one area. So after get 5 NVs then you just go farm there. With high MF+ high % extra drop rate on MP10 it should be the best place to farm after 5NV in Act 3.

Tips/trick: I can't prove it with maths and all that, so just take it with a grain of salt.

- When Start from Azmodan Way-Point and if you see 3 elite in that area then it means that this "run" will have a high chance for legendary to drop or that this "run" will have more Elites in each area than normal. More elite = More chance to get rare+ items.
- Goblin Pygmy. If you see 1 Goblin Pygmy then chance for a legendary to drop is high and if you see 2 then a legendary will mostly gonna drop in this run. Goblin Pygmy doesn't need to spawn in the same area. If you see Goblin like this way. Goblin Pygmy is the best loot goblin in the game and Goblin in this game try to steal/collect good item from monster/chest ect. So if you see one then it means that this "run" got some nice item that this goblin want to steal/collect :P
- Play in Group. I get more legendary if I play in group with people that has Paragon level 30+. When you see people in your group got a legendary then you feel like a legendary is/will dropped for you too :)

Don't yelling at me if you don't believe or disagree with something I say in this post lol

Happy Hunter!
Reply Quote
I Farm Monster LV6 Every Run I Do I Get At least 1green and 3 legendary sometimes 3 green no legendary i farm act 1 festering woods for stacks and go to field of misery clean every thing PS drops come from normal creeps not elites
Reply Quote
wat is the meaning of TRing?
Reply Quote
Act2 Keyrun are generally good for a balance of DE/Leg. Clear Vota, then clear Oasis.
Reply Quote
With my 270k TR+Bell+EP monk i run:
for legendarys: just fields of misery (with crypt if spawn) (no stack, mostly i skip elites, you can kill 7k+ mobs/h)
for exp: crypt runs or stack->field->crypt
Reply Quote
View profile
12/10/2013 08:42 AMPosted by Kamil1991
With my 270k TR+Bell+EP monk i run:
for legendarys: just fields of misery (with crypt if spawn) (no stack, mostly i skip elites, you can kill 7k+ mobs/h)
for exp: crypt runs or stack->field->crypt

Hmmm, your battletag is almost kamEl
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]