Diablo® III

MP10 is XP sweet spot for 2 SNS/Meteor Wiz

If you have 2 SNS/Meteor Wizards, good ones, not guys stretching to barely make it in terms of EHP & DPS, it seems to me that MP10 is now the XP sweet spot for Wizards with this build, if you have 2 of them together.

We don't move so fast, so all those strategies that work for Monks, Demon Hunters and Barbarians don't work so well for us, but what we can do though is melt through high mp trash mobs with reasonable ease.

With the XP bonus associated with MP10 these days, and the nice drop rates, it certainly feels like a good way to go.
Reply Quote
Add me. Let's rock it out!
Reply Quote
I tested MP 8, 9 and 10 last night with another sns wiz for xp. For us the best xp was on mp9. Running vault over and over again is about as good as it's gonna get for de as well I think.
Reply Quote
How many xp/hour are you guys getting?
Reply Quote
for solo farming i find mp8 is still the best for xp / loot per hour combo, but I agree if you've got a cm and meteor wiz combo who both have high enough dps, mp10 becomes pretty efficient.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Phal
for solo farming i find mp8 is still the best for xp / loot per hour combo, but I agree if you've got a cm and meteor wiz combo who both have high enough dps, mp10 becomes pretty efficient.

I think some people may miss the fact that I am specifying 2 SNS / Meteor Wizards, not 1 or 1 and something else.

It is the combined melty melty goodness that makes it work at the high MP levels, and with the XP buff for MP10, you can literally see the XP bar rise, at least at MP50.

YMMV above the XP halfway point of about 78. :)
Reply Quote
What is the average XP you get per run, and how long does it take you to complete a run??

Very keeen to know thanks!
Reply Quote
Haven't mathematically calculated XP per hour.

Also, somebody with a full friends list added me as a friend, and I can't accept. Apologies, I'm not ignoring you whoever you are.

Look, just get 2 x +150k Damage SNS/Meteor Wizards together, MP10 Act 3 Keeps Level 2 and have at it.

Tell me what you think?
Edited by Whisper#6439 on 2/18/2013 7:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Slight update

2 x SNS/Meteor Wizards and 1 x Exploding Palm Cyclone Strike Monk FTW.

Start Keeps Level 3 and work backwards.

You will have a few stacks, sometimes even 5 by the time you get to KL2, and KL3 drops are pretty good as well.

XP + Drops = great!
Reply Quote
That just sounds like a great team to do any act, any level, Whisper :) If you have some xp numbers, that would be good to know too! If it turns out it's more efficient team-farming mp10 than solo-farming mp10 or mp8, I might start doing more group runs...
Reply Quote
It's even better when you have a Monk join the party with Cyclone Strike and MoC.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't mind joining another sns wiz for doing MP8+ de runs. Add me if you want to run.
Reply Quote
Add me zhouxin#1274. I run SNS + Meteor for farming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]