Diablo® III

[Ancient Passives] - The Lord of the Monks

scattered and gone with the wind.

Note : this was originally a book I wrote with the suggestions and proposals to the passive changes. It contained the lore of each passive that I deciphered from my understanding of the mysteries of the world, and also an explanations for their changes to balance the Monk class.

Shortly after the book was complete, I realized it's not good to mess with the natural flow of the way things are, and some of the things I wrote was sacrilege, so I deleted the book. All that is left is the list of proposals without explanations. If you are a developer reading this, just use your unconscious mind and you'll realize the truth in the passive proposals and what each one means.
If you seek further understanding, you can contact me if you're inclined.

I am LordRaahl / CountFury, and here is the link to the list of changes,
All Passives Proposals
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7922983686?page=2#24

I will not explain any of them, and this book will remain empty.
Thank you for your time.

EDIT : I have raised this thread from the abyss,
and may soon restore the whole book itself,
stay tuned if you had supported this movement in the past.
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 3/28/2013 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
scattered to the wind.
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 3/13/2013 9:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
scattered to the horizons.
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 3/13/2013 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
scattered to the wind.
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 3/6/2013 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
gone into the horizons.
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 3/6/2013 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Good lord. And all I thought I had to do was mash two buttons.
Reply Quote
wtf....

this is truly TL;DR.
Reply Quote

i don't even know where to begin or what to say to all that.......
Reply Quote
too much free time
Reply Quote
OMG what did I just read? I'll be sleeping over these changes Rhaal. Thanx for the happy dreams :)

I DO want THAT near death experience!. Excalted soul and transendence are my second favorites.
Also, excellent suggestion with Guiding light - we should be more altruistic, we are monks afterall.

But I gotta say. These changes sound too much and radical. I fail to see even the possibility of them been incorporated into our class.

As for OWE... it comes in par with your other suggestions but I don't see it working as a solo change, because I'm pretty much all the time w/o spirit or w/o life :) so when the bad counter procs I will be dead at the same time not beeing able to use the +100% dmg buff.
Edited by MrVet#2608 on 2/20/2013 7:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think this game has broken people's brains.
Reply Quote
Raahl I seriously hate your threads. Every single one of them.
Reply Quote
how about u invest ur time into something more productive like actually playing the game instead of this pile of bull!@#$
Reply Quote
Didn't bother reading as i'm not a Monk or dev, but hopefully the content is good and if so the feedback gets to the devs.
Reply Quote
needs a summary of new passives in the beginning. i probably scrolled over most of them.
Reply Quote
Also, ich fand deine Ideen wahnsinnig gut. Wie bei jedem "TL;DR" den du schreibst, bringst du mich zum nachdenken. Ja, der Mönch braucht mehr als ein "cookie cutter" Mentalität, wie du es zeit ewig sagst. Es steckt viel mehr Potential hinter den Kulissen, und hier hast du die passive Fertigkeiten auf den Punkt gebracht. Bravo! Ein wahres Meisterwerk. >:-D

All in all, haters are gonna hate. But for those who enjoy the challenge and potential of the monk class, your voice is appreciated.
Reply Quote
Sticky.
Reply Quote
"My son, ask for thyself another kingdom,
for that which I leave is too small for thee."

Now you've done it...must...hear....this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oTEQf1d9Iw
Reply Quote
My ears are bleeding.

My eyes are bleeding.

My spirit pal is bleeding.

Going to go meditate on this a while.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]