Diablo® III

WW Build - Dropping Warcry?

I was curious if any whirlwind barbs could tell me what Resistance level I should be at before I could safely drop War Cry from my build? I currently can survive without even having it up on MP3 but if I go to MP4 I need to have it up to survive without dying at all. I believe unbuffed all my resists are around 525 or higher. What number should I shoot for if I were to try farming on MP5? That is my goal MP level for this character.

Second question, once I can get rid of War Cry, what skill is best to put in it's place? I have seen some barbs using Overpower, are there any other options or is that the best one?
Reply Quote
Overpower with the rune to increase crit by 10% seems to be the choice....helps keep perma WotB up. As for the resistance level....not sure. I still need it for MP7 farming however with my current build I can still maintain perma WotB as well. Not sure I'll ever swap out War Cry as it also helps allies....
Reply Quote
MP5 525 AR is more then enough.
Reply Quote
I drop war cry not a long time ago and I didn't see a big difference on my survability. You need about a ratio of 10:1 armor/AR. 5500 armor/550 AR is pretty much enough, but it not the only thing you have to worry about. You need a good life pool cuz you'll get some hard hit and you need to be able to leech back. Talking about leech, I see you have 6%, which is good. Now you'll see that this same 6% will work way better more and more DPS you have. More dommage = more leech. More IAS = Faster Leech. Barbare survive a lot around leeching, you just need enough Armor/AR to lower the hit you take, a good life pool and big dmg to leech!!
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 07:00 AMPosted by Emperor
MP5 525 AR is more then enough.
Hmmm, well I have trouble on MP4 without using War Cry....I assume maybe my dps is just not high enough? With the scoundrel and BR up, I have 49% crit, what gear/changes should I make to up my dps enough to be able to survive on MP5 with the resistances I currently have? My current budget is about 38 Mill
Reply Quote
Your DPS depends on your

MH - damage range

Attack Speed of both weapons.

I believe you are hitting 2.5 break point in WOTB mode. The bad part is the DPS on your MH is too low.

My advise is to get a near xxxx-1000 dps MH. With Soc + CD. The rest of stats are kinda preference only.
Reply Quote
Your DPS depends on your

MH - damage range

Attack Speed of both weapons.

I believe you are hitting 2.5 break point in WOTB mode. The bad part is the DPS on your MH is too low.

My advise is to get a near xxxx-1000 dps MH. With Soc + CD. The rest of stats are kinda preference only.

Ok, I kinda thought that would be one of my biggest flaws. As for my rings/amulet, should I try to upgrade those at all maybe to add a bit more CC, or would you say those are ok?
Reply Quote
Your MH to me is the main priority if i want to make an upgrade.

Your rings/amulet are decent, if you want to make an upgrade > it is very important to get damage modifers > avg damage xxx-xxx on them.

Cost effective > change MH.

Then if you want more CC, try to get it on your bracers ~
Reply Quote
I solo'd MP10 Ubers without War Cry. My AR was ~700 and my armour was just above 6,000. Dodge chance was around ~15% as well.
Reply Quote
Your MH to me is the main priority if i want to make an upgrade.

Your rings/amulet are decent, if you want to make an upgrade > it is very important to get damage modifers > avg damage xxx-xxx on them.

Cost effective > change MH.

Then if you want more CC, try to get it on your bracers ~

Ok, sounds like a plan of action. Thanks for all the help Emperor
Reply Quote
I miss out something, yes someone above has already say. Use Overpower ~ you can use OPCA if your HP is being threaten. Once you have no problem sustaining incoming damage go over to OPKS. While you search for an idea weapon.
Reply Quote
I won't pretend that i know much about playing a barb but i added 5% life steal (3% from the blood thirst and another 2% from my belt) and i was able to breeze through mp4 and was doing pretty well in mp5. And my stats are pretty mediocre 414/AR 5882 armor
Reply Quote
I was unable to maintain permawrath until I dropped WC for OP:KS...so I would definitely be for making the switch!
Reply Quote
You're in an uncomfortable gearing spot that all barbs (who follow a natural progression) find themselves in at some point. For you to do harder content, you either need better healing, or higher defenses. The higher your healing is, the lower your resistances can be. Your main source of healing is lifesteal, and that comes from DPS. Raising your defenses with either stagnate your DPS, or lower it. It's almost counterintuitive, but the way to survive better is to focus on raising your DPS, while keeping your defenses where they are. Once you start leeching more life, then you'll be able to afford dropping war cry.
Reply Quote
I do ubers 9 without warcry and regular farm 7-9 for when I want a "challenge" or for key farming or 3-5 when I want to just rip through crap.

I only have 411AR.

Overpower with the Killing Spree is definitely worth it. It adds 30k to my character sheet dps, but in actuality more than that (since I have a SoJ and a stat stick dagger).
Edited by Kopav#1629 on 2/20/2013 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
This question has little to do with how much resists is enough.... and more to do with how much DPS you can output, and how quickly you can dish it out and what percentage of that damage are you leeching back in health.

You need enough of a health pool to avoid getting one shot and if you can leech more health then your loosing (consistantly), your golden.

less then 500 resists is more then enough for me in mp10.
Reply Quote
I find 6000 Armor, 650 AR, 5.5% LS, with at least 220k unbuffed DPS works great for mp8 and above without warcry
Reply Quote
500 is enough provided that you have adequate lifesteal.
Reply Quote
Just saying, and its me personally, you have alot of ls and low damage. At the point your at now id mix a lil loh/ls together, maybe that can help you in changing to overpower, and me personally i like to use op-with crushing advance, 30+% dmg reduc almost perma. with ww
Reply Quote
you have enough AR.

if you want to play higher mp, you'll need more dps/ls.
the more dps you have, the less LS you'll need.

i run with 8.9% LS. if i'm running with a wiz, then i could drop bloodthirst for more dps (berserker rage). i do mp10 just fine with my setup.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]