Diablo® III

Looking to farm MP5 Ubers - Need help gearing

Hello Barbs!

I'm a Rend barb looking to start farming the F out of Ubers with another fellow barb. I was hoping some of you could take a peek at my gear and suggest what stats to aim for.

My build is simple - i need infinite Sprint:Marathon and free Rend which I can sustain easily with the IK set bonus. Resists are "okay" but I read somewhere that MP5 requires a minimum of 550 Resist All.

What I'm looking for is - Can someone break down each piece (helm, shoulder, gloves, etc...) and suggest how much strength, how much vitality i should aim for on each piece.

And another thing - which piece should I put attack speed on, which piece should I put Crit hit Chance and which piece hsould I get Crit Hit dmg on... all that jazz... I get so confused trying to make sense of it all... lol

HALP!!!
Reply Quote
What I'm looking for is - Can someone break down each piece (helm, shoulder, gloves, etc...) and suggest how much strength, how much vitality i should aim for on each piece.

And another thing - which piece should I put attack speed on, which piece should I put Crit hit Chance and which piece hsould I get Crit Hit dmg on... all that jazz... I get so confused trying to make sense of it all... lol

Well this is the challenge in building a barb. I don't think anyone here will give you specific levels per gear advice. It's all a balancing act.

I have around 620 all res with bonus from IK and i seem to do okay at all mp levels. But keep in mind my life total is almost double yours. I don't use hota rend so I know you can have a lot less, but I would say that 45k should be the bare min. Others might disagree.
Reply Quote
Thanks Pri :)
Reply Quote
Rend damage is not effected by attack speed, all it does is decrease the length of the casting animation.

Your focus should be crit chance and crit damage, on top of high average damage and strength.

For specific gear choices, it would help if you posted a budget, but here are just some general stat goals:

-50% cc+500% cd with unbuffed/with passives.
-40k+ life, 2k+ str (as much as is feasible for your budget).
-500+ lowest resist and 5500+ armor unbuffed.
-6% lifesteal (belt+passive). Since you're using bloodlust, you can easily drop your LoH in order to pump in more dps.
-Rend uses your mainhand average damage, so get that up to 1.3k or 1.4k+ with good str and crit damage.
Reply Quote
I Easily do MP6 Ubers With a monk friend of mine who is less geared then I am so you can look at me for a reference but im also a WW build and not Rend/2h build
Edited by Colorbook#1998 on 2/20/2013 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]