Diablo® III

I beg you, beg you to check out Path of Exile

Path of Exile is a FREE to play Action RPG game developed by a small company called Grinding Gear Games.

I gave it a try this week and am obsessed with it. It is a true and worthy sequel to the Diablo franchise.

It is FREE to download and play

[removed]

they make their money off micro-transaction, NON-pay to win ones, things like cosmetic effects, etc.

The company is awesome, their developers respond and interact with the forums constantly, they are patching things every week or so and embrace community feedback.

It is one of the most complex and in depth ARPG's you'll ever play, ever system has a ton of customization and complexity.

Please download it and give it a try for a few days, I guarantee you that you will be instantly hooked. The controls will feel slightly stiff at first coming from D3, but it's not that bad, you get used to it. Outside of that, you will find these brash young upstarts at GGG totally pwned Blizzard at their own game.
Edited by Araxom on 2/21/2013 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
CHECKED!

it is awesome!! already got a 57witch and 28marau.
Reply Quote
PoE is known around here.

Check a forum out a little before starting threads, I beg you, BEG YOU.
Reply Quote
Yeah I have a level 49 Marauder and will be competing in the races they announced that begin this week.

Yeah, Path of Exile has ladders and seasons, complete with prizes.
Reply Quote
PoE is known around here.

Check a forum out a little before starting threads, I beg you, BEG YOU.

A lot of people do yes, but I'm guessing with the recent Diablo um... news there are a lot of non-frequent vistors on the forums.

Plus, there are tons of Diablo 3 players who have heard about and know of Path of Exile without having tried it yet.

or maybe they played it for a few minutes and found it "clunky" as many do (and as I did at first).

Give it a fair shake and you will not be disappointed, and that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so.
Reply Quote
I heard they hand out forum bans for advertising POE on Diablo 3 General Discussions, since it's completely off topic and is considered spam.

Also it is pay2win, since you need to buy more storage space, which you run out really fast.
Reply Quote
I'd rather play a game that's free, that sells optional storage space ($5-$15), than a game that sells all of the best items in the game on top of charging a full AAA fee of $60.
Edited by PartyAnimal#1845 on 2/21/2013 2:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
I like POE a lot I just wish it didn't fell so clunky
Reply Quote
I heard they hand out forum bans for advertising POE on Diablo 3 General Discussions, since it's completely off topic and is considered spam.

Also it is pay2win, since you need to buy more storage space, which you run out really fast.

Um, you don't NEED to buy more storage space. They give you 4 huge tabs of stash space. Obviously hardcore players are going to want more, so they can buy a few more tabs for super cheap.

The game is free after all.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 02:28 AMPosted by Asbestos
I like POE a lot I just wish it didn't fell so clunky

I played it months ago and had the same thought, after D3 it didn't feel fluid, but I PROMISE you get used to it and it's not that bad. It only feels bad coming from D3. For as bad as it is, the one thing D3 got right was the movement and combat.

But like I said, play it for a few hours, you won't think it's stiff.
Reply Quote
Well the clunkyness is easily forgivable as is some other defaults the game may have. Unlike games like Diablo III there are reasons for any shortcomings and its transparent. Always seems to be much friendlier with smaller developers. You don't have the soulless PR mods desperate to make sure the games latest feature looks good.

That said, not the place to advertise it really. Though only good intentions may come from it, you will likely get the mean spirited people ready to hang you.
Reply Quote
CHECKED!

it is awesome!! already got a 57witch and 28marau.

What is your character name on your main? I will add you as a friend on there.
Reply Quote

That said, not the place to advertise it really. Though only good intentions may come from it, you will likely get the mean spirited people ready to hang you.

I don't mind. Diablo 3 players deserve a game like PoE and PoE deserves to have D3's players.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 02:19 AMPosted by ellisD
D3 also has quite a bit of development to go before i take it too seriously.

Actually D3 has quite a while to go before its out of its beta session. (PC Players)
Reply Quote

I don't mind. Diablo 3 players deserve a game like PoE and PoE deserves to have D3's players.
I haven't played PoE yet, I do plan to. What I mean is that it is possible for it to negatively impact what it is your trying to do. I'm not questioning your willingness. Sorry for the confusion.lol
Reply Quote
Been saying it for a bit, if poe and d3 had a baby we'd have an amazing game.
Reply Quote
In a perfect world PoE would run on D3's game engine.

But at the end of the day as a game PoE is awesome, despite it running on not nearly as slick an engine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]