Diablo® III

I beg you, beg you to check out Path of Exile

Accidents happen no matter how careful we may try to be. But a no-item restoration policy in an item based game means GAME OVER for you if something happens. At least Blizzard has a restoration policy and an authenticator system to prevent hacks.

Six years of WoW and D3 never been compromised... 2 weeks of PoE all my stash gone.

Imagine if all your D3 items were suddenly gone and Blizzard refused to restore them. Sorry bro. Wasted your time.

And the restore policy, combined with the minimum resource support is responsible for mass duping throughout the life of D3.

GGG don't have a restore policy but they do have great support, and frankly, the players don't deserve a restore policy, especially in a F2P F2DL game because it gets abused.

PoE does now have a region (IP) lock on your account, though. The region lock together with player security and awareness should protect your account. I'd rather have that than 0 support other than no questions restore (read duping).

They should restore accounts that were compromised before the security measures were implemented as an act of goodwill. A few hundred compromised accounts will not ruin the economy. They have stated they are banning the accounts that were traded to, so they can easily restore the items that were traded to the account they are banning.

Make account investigation a paid transaction, but give people some way to restore their hard work.
Edited by JonnyBlu#1942 on 2/22/2013 2:32 AM PST
Reply Quote

I play games with that sense from Day1, this can be applied anywhere. Just don't go to 3rd party sites or use same passwords or stuff on fansites and keep your comp clean of malware & viruses.

Ez mode. doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Who do you think are running fansites? other players derp.

Accidents happen no matter how careful we may try to be. But a no-item restoration policy in an item based game means GAME OVER for you if something happens. At least Blizzard has a restoration policy and an authenticator system to prevent hacks.

Six years of WoW and D3 never been compromised... 2 weeks of PoE all my stash gone.

Imagine if all your D3 items were suddenly gone and Blizzard refused to restore them. Sorry bro. Wasted your time.

You're joking right? Just because 6 years of WoW a Pay to Play if they didn't you should be pissed, D3 on the other hand it's a license to play, your items mean !@#$ just as well, my cousin got banned after quitting D3 for a month for doing nothing. Your point is null. He didn't even have D3 installed but guess what when he came back and installed said he was banned 2 WEEKS before he reinstalled after patches came, guess what support said? His fault. LOL how does that even work? I'm rather pissed on his behalf but for 2 weeks in PoE your stash all gone? And what exactly did you pay for PoE i'm wondering? If it's a sombre 0$ then %^-* if not then contact support, either way different model structures and as far as D3 goes it applies the exact same as PoE, and don't have to give a damn and they shouldn't.
"Oh my account go compromised my hardcore character was killed by some1 else rollback plz" WORSE point EVER, and DOES GET ROLLED BACK until as of Patch 1.0.7. Yeah real good argument there bud, my entire HC char lost his stash and items due to death , let's "compromise" my account and rollback

Don't forget all the dupes, that's a direct HACK into their servers so as far as you know everyone who CAN dupe has direct access to your passwords and items, screenshots have been proven blizzard won't admit there's such a thing going on because now they have a huge liability since real money is involved in the items with D3. Too bad. Grave dug WAY too deep. What's online only for? You know how difficult it is to manipulate data in an online-monitored-connection-based game? Those people don't care about your account they're doing it just for RMAH.

For a team of 19 people you're expecting the unreasonable as well. Rather inconsiderate. for 2weeks? Seriously? did you play 2 weeks straight? 24/7? That's about a month or two months even worth of gameplay for the average gamer. If it's 2 weeks for the average gamer sure whatever that's like 5 days lost max.

I don't even know how you get off on comparing PoE's team of 19 vs. Blizzard's 1000 or so employees

Accidents happen no matter how careful we may try to be.

^applies to EVERYTHING. So basically you destroyed your entire own argument.

Welcome to Free to Play which is like the same service as Buy to Play.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/22/2013 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Both games was alright, I started off with hardcore right off the bat in PoE, seeing everybody is so masochistic.

Bad news : If youre playing as melee you'll die 99% of the time because of desync than your own incompetence. I love playing melee and builds that forces you to dodge. And its a real turnoff after dying a few times because the game cannot catch up with the skill spam. It becomes funny when melee classes start using ranged weapons.

And oh, Bandit Griefing.
Edited by CCiel#1201 on 2/22/2013 4:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Both games was alright, I started off with hardcore right off the bat in PoE, seeing everybody is so masochistic.

Bad news : If youre playing as melee you'll die 99% of the time because of desync than your own incompetence. I love playing melee and builds that forces you to dodge. And its a real turnoff after dying a few times because the game cannot catch up with the skill spam. It becomes funny when melee classes start using ranged weapons.

And oh, Bandit Griefing.

Desync is being worked on. I've died to it in both D3 and PoE. It's just a fact of life for always online games. There's a thread on the PoE forum explaining that situation in great detail.

Bandit griefing is simple to avoid. Just don't party up on bandit encounters.
Reply Quote
The thing is, I play both D3 and PoE, there is a definite feel of slow combat pace and restricted movement when I fire up one of them after playing the other. But conversely it isn't as it was when I had a fresh PoE character compared to an advanced D3 character.

No, my lvl 79 Wand Templar makes my lvl 60 P100 barb feel like he's running in mud and under an attack speed curse, until I get used to him.

Then, when I fire up PoE again, Whooooooosh

This. I have a bow Duelist with 2.5 attacks per second, and a sword and board Duelist with over 3. Both have around 30% movement speed and its crazy fast paced. The complaints that the game is slow and clunky are coming from people who haven't even finished act 1.
Reply Quote
Path of Exile is a FREE to play Action RPG game developed by a small company called Grinding Gear Games.

I gave it a try this week and am obsessed with it. It is a true and worthy sequel to the Diablo franchise.

It is FREE to download and play

[removed]

they make their money off micro-transaction, NON-pay to win ones, things like cosmetic effects, etc.

The company is awesome, their developers respond and interact with the forums constantly, they are patching things every week or so and embrace community feedback.

It is one of the most complex and in depth ARPG's you'll ever play, ever system has a ton of customization and complexity.

Please download it and give it a try for a few days, I guarantee you that you will be instantly hooked. The controls will feel slightly stiff at first coming from D3, but it's not that bad, you get used to it. Outside of that, you will find these brash young upstarts at GGG totally pwned Blizzard at their own game.

no the game fails to allow the keybinding of the W key to move. This alone tells me how bad the game is and how little thought they put into it, good day and have fun
Reply Quote
Loving Path of Exile.Level I just beat the end level boss today and 4 yellows dropped on the ground and about 6 blues!!!
Reply Quote
Path of Exile is a FREE to play Action RPG game developed by a small company called Grinding Gear Games.

I gave it a try this week and am obsessed with it. It is a true and worthy sequel to the Diablo franchise.

It is FREE to download and play

[removed]

they make their money off micro-transaction, NON-pay to win ones, things like cosmetic effects, etc.

The company is awesome, their developers respond and interact with the forums constantly, they are patching things every week or so and embrace community feedback.

It is one of the most complex and in depth ARPG's you'll ever play, ever system has a ton of customization and complexity.

Please download it and give it a try for a few days, I guarantee you that you will be instantly hooked. The controls will feel slightly stiff at first coming from D3, but it's not that bad, you get used to it. Outside of that, you will find these brash young upstarts at GGG totally pwned Blizzard at their own game.

no the game fails to allow the keybinding of the W key to move. This alone tells me how bad the game is and how little thought they put into it, good day and have fun

This alone tells me how easily you gave up.

What on earth gives you the impression that the W key can't be bound?
For crying out loud, it is a default bind to start with.

Unbelievable.
Reply Quote
poe is a decent game, but the early game experience is very dependent on luck.

it's difficult to get a trade going in poe. currency trading is a mess, unless you're willing to work with something more liquid like d2jsp fg. because trading is a mess, orbs become more usable simply because you don't have a good probability getting what you need on trade anyway.

like most arpgs, your first char will generally be crap. the second char will be better once you've started accumulating some items during maps and have some idea what your next char will be given the items you have. but at least in d3 you have the ah to make up for the possibility that you somehow find yourself getting amazing str loot on your wizard.

the game is pretty much choose one spell and spam it through the entire game. builds generally center around one spell (sometimes two), a little bit like d2. when choosing your skill tree you will pick a few keystones that support that one skill you use, and then life nodes/survival keystones for the rest (just like d2 vit spam). the game's challenge is fairly old school in a sense that some uniques will take a long time to kill, so you have to be a bit patient and hold down the mouse button as long as you can while trying to remember to top up your hp when it gets low.

the style has an interesting tes:oblivion feel to it, but act 3 was a let down. they had such a good opportunity to make it creepy, but they mistook gory for creepy and then overdid by essentially squeezing as many corpses as possible into a map, as if corpses somehow equaled creepy. what it really is is edgy, as in the kind of edgy that teenagers use to annoy their parents.

it's a nice game for a couple of weeks. it lasted longer for me than tl2 did, which i played for a grand total of 8 levels.
Reply Quote
lol People make up whatever they want. That dude (Fathme) would have been lost without an AH anyway :D
Edited by Otis#1467 on 2/23/2013 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Otis
lol People make up whatever they want. That dude (Fathme) would have been lost without an AH anyway :D

LOL his FAIL IS INSURMOUNTABLE
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/22/2013 09:41 PMPosted by Fathme

You can bind W to move. I've done it on all my characters. Though it is kinda sucky that it takes up a skill slot.

02/23/2013 08:55 AMPosted by princeb
the style has an interesting tes:oblivion feel to it, but act 3 was a let down. they had such a good opportunity to make it creepy, but they mistook gory for creepy and then overdid by essentially squeezing as many corpses as possible into a map, as if corpses somehow equaled creepy. what it really is is edgy, as in the kind of edgy that teenagers use to annoy their parents.

I was also let down by Act 3, but I figured that some of its shortcomings are due to the game's false ending. From what I've heard, there are supposed to be ten acts, so there's a whole lot more to come. Hopefully that'll include some sort of cohesive storyline because of right now, there really isn't one.
Edited by Bird#1227 on 2/23/2013 9:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
TL2 is better, in every way. I seriously think that people under appreciate TL2, it is essentially Diablo 2 with improvements. The build diversity is there, the depth, the immersive game world, weather and music. It's much more well designed than PoE and the combat system is actually fun, from the start. The armor looks awesome, the weapons look awesome and you don't have to pay for graphical improvements to your armor.

People make such a big fuss about PoE and how it offers so much build diversity when actually, it doesn't. All the classes are essentially the same with the only difference being where they start on the skill tree. If you give every class in the game access to the same skill tree and the same skill gems and then call that diversity, well that's a false sense of diversity. People speak of PoE as though it's some Diablo 2 successor when in reality the people that actually made Diablo 1 and 2 have already made a game that improves on that formula and that game is Torchlight 2. It just bugs me that people make PoE out to be this great game when TL2 is all that and more. It is literally what people wanted out of Diablo 2, but people make it sound like PoE and it's slow clunky combat and universal skills is a Diablo 2 successor when it isn't. PoE resembles a Diablo game in aesthetics only and even then I think that people forget how cartoony Diablo graphics really were.

Here's a video of an Outlander build:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EByRMHRXGLI

Embermage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpJWhqMfBiM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BBI9VlzMps

and some Engineer builds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9kIhP_oTyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKV_cY-oWJc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMo-62okDM8
Edited by Icon0clast#1542 on 2/23/2013 10:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 08:55 AMPosted by princeb

i dont think they were aiming for creepy i think it was more disturbing rather, or just plain gore or something

i mean i asked my friend and he said "how else do you get a blood lake"

the game does have its detail. even the ancient pyramid gets smaller as you traverse up, i dont think most games even think abt details like that.

the severed corpses on planks and what not leading up to that final floor of the temple are something else though. i found it pretty gross. creepy not so much.
if i wanted creepy i'dve played Slender: The Arrival
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/23/2013 8:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
You can bind W to move. I've done it on all my characters. Though it is kinda sucky that it takes up a skill slot.

Well, yeah.

But then look at it this way comparing to D3.

D3:
Move bind to W as an extra to skills.
Left mouse skill slot = limited skills bind-able.
Right mouse skill slot.
4 skill slots.

Total of 6 bound skills, with some limitations, + Move, can't change skills on the fly without either porting to town or having a long cool down, both lose you the NV stack game mechanic (which things like ubers require)

PoE:
Move bind to W as a skill slot.
Left mouse skill slot.
Right mouse skill slot.
Middle mouse skill slot.
5 skill slots.

Total of 8 bound skills (of which one would be used for move if you wished). Can switch any skill at any time, mid combat with no penalty, can apply auras (I currently run 7) and only require a bind to apply them which can be used for another skill thereafter.

As well as the 5 separate utility flask binds which in the case of granite and quicksilver (and diamond once it is re-implemented) are effectively skills.

So, comparatively, the W binding to move in PoE still leaves you with more skill slots and binds with great swap utility to boot.
Reply Quote
poe is boring.
Reply Quote
D3 > TL2 > PoE
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/24/2013 12:38 AMPosted by Anuhart

Well, yeah.

But then look at it this way comparing to D3.

D3:
Move bind to W as an extra to skills.
Left mouse skill slot = limited skills bind-able.
Right mouse skill slot.
4 skill slots.

Total of 6 bound skills, with some limitations, + Move, can't change skills on the fly without either porting to town or having a long cool down, both lose you the NV stack game mechanic (which things like ubers require)

PoE:
Move bind to W as a skill slot.
Left mouse skill slot.
Right mouse skill slot.
Middle mouse skill slot.
5 skill slots.

Total of 8 bound skills (of which one would be used for move if you wished). Can switch any skill at any time, mid combat with no penalty, can apply auras (I currently run 7) and only require a bind to apply them which can be used for another skill thereafter.

As well as the 5 separate utility flask binds which in the case of granite and quicksilver (and diamond once it is re-implemented) are effectively skills.

So, comparatively, the W binding to move in PoE still leaves you with more skill slots and binds with great swap utility to boot.

That's fine, but I wasn't talking about D3 vs PoE. My point is that PoE's devs, for some reason, decided to make the skill keys do double duty as movement keys for those who don't like to use (or only use) the mouse to move. And losing a skill slot because of that is still sucky.

Also, the swap utility needs some work. Everytime I swap weapons, I have to check to make sure that my skills also made the transition, especially when changing between melee and ranged weapons. I've had times when I'm clicking and nothing is happening--and I realize that instead of double strike, lightning shot is in that skill slot instead. It has made for some interesting times (and deaths) and so I try not to swap weapons, especially now that I have characters in cruel.

Of course, it is beta and I'm hopeful that the clunkiness in both character movement and weapon swap will be worked out.
Reply Quote
LOL "Grinding Gear Games", Is the name of the company used to describe the game?
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 07:09 PMPosted by SpakPak
LOL "Grinding Gear Games", Is the name of the company used to describe the game?

D3 = Grinding Gold Games?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]