Diablo® III

My 826k dps hota barb taking a stroll @ mp 10

Hey guys.

Ive been trying to min-max the HotA build (i dont fancy the ww/nado build) on the ptr for a while now, and after extensive testing, this is what ive come up with. (recored on live server)

My 826k dps hota barb taking a stroll @ monster power level 10 @ http://youtu.be/VkbZKwJSq0U

(Got 81mil xp per hour in that run)

This part is for the "advanced" barbs, with a basic understanding how the HotA build works.

I tired first the standard alkaizer route, but it don't synchronize so well with the hota build, as the moobs on most level like to spread out/run from you. So i chose to focus on the level where the moobs are more HotA friendly :) (keep level 2)

I start with "Core of arreat" as a jump start of the xp farming, as you can find 2-4 packs there.

This is the build used in the video: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aZURcP!YZg!babYZc

Skills

Bash * Punish: As the "Rolling Thunder" rune on HotA have a lowish proc rate, you need some extra fury. So why not get 24% extra damage as you have to get more fury anyway.. :)

HotA * Rolling Thunder: Sick aoe damage, good for farming(lowish proc rate with "Into the Fray"). Keep smash for single target/überbosses.

Sprint * Marathon: You need to find those monsters fast for perma WOTB...

Battle Rage * Into the Fray: You want fury, especially with a HotA build.

Rend * Bloodlust: Something to keep you alive through those pesky affixes. (You can switch to "Warcry" if you dont have enough EHP to survive the burst damage, and relay on lifesteal from weapon/passive for life back)

WOTB * Thrive on Chaos: Self explanatory, HULK SMASH.

Passives

Weapons Master: As HotA builds are based on crit hit chance this is a good thing to have. (with a mace/axe mainhand)

Ruthless: More crit hit chance and damage.

Brawler: This choice is player depended... Get Bloodthirst if you dont have lifesteal on you belt/weapons. Get more EHP if your having a hard time staying alive. Or just more damage like me etc etc :)

Gear

You will need a SOJ with -5fury on Hota for this build to work as intended.
You want over 50% crit hit chance to make life easier for yourself.
You want as much movespeed as you can muster, as you need to find those monsters. Right ? :)
Other then that you stack the bare minimum EHP you need, and as much damage as you can.

Closing words

As "Rolling Thunder" have lower procrate then "Smash" with "Into the fray", be ready for some heavy duty fury management.. (dont end up cross eyed)

This build is Extremely gear depended, so this build is for the one percent..

Hope there ain't to many typos

May the thunder-god be with you.
Reply Quote
If you swapped brawler for animosity, could you also swap bash for OP:KS?

(I realize even as I'm writing that that it's probable that your build does higher DPS...I just detest fury generators)
Reply Quote
Hands down best barb evarrr

O.O
Reply Quote
cheers ill have a look
Reply Quote
An interesting build for sure. I tried this a while back with worse gear. I'll have to try it with my newer stuff now.
Reply Quote
the moobs on most level like to spread out/run from you

omg, what an image I have in my head right now
Reply Quote
Detox have you tried the bloodshed rune on Battle rage? Even though you want more fury for the crit on HOTA, 1 crit on any mob will ignite the entire room and it stacks. I get more damage out of the blood exploding off crits than i think the extra fury even does.

Best part is it stacking so if you crit like 4 monsters in 1 hammer smash its going to ricochet that out to all monsters in the area, and its a very wide area.
Reply Quote
SoaB.... I want to bear your little barb babies....lol
Reply Quote
op's Barb should have babies with the tankiest barb - o.O

Awesome job Det0x, you might have to crank it up to 11.
Reply Quote
I don't like the rune you've chosen for HoTA. Thunderstrike would serve you better I think. But you probably tested it yourself and doesn't agree with me.
Your gear is insane. Makes me want to give up on my barb.
I subbed. Post MOAR!
Reply Quote
It's like watching Doomsday wreck an entire city. :D
Reply Quote
awww, you have your profile set to private? I wanted to see the yummy goodness that is your gear.....
Reply Quote
He plays in EU. Check here:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Det0x-2856/hero/432203
Reply Quote
Vid not available in Germany :/

Change Music and upload again pls :)
Reply Quote
hmm I need -5 hota ring here
Reply Quote
Gear beyond compare... And interesting. Wish I knew how to take a vid though, cause you sort of look like your going in slow mo. I think my build has you beat for overall speed. Just sayin. lol
Reply Quote
sick ef!!!!!
Reply Quote
Good to see HoTA expert to share here coz it seems not many talk about this. My barb is just 100k unbuff on d3progress which is what most say the min dps required to farm mp10. Anyway I enjoy it very much.

I'm fine with my ehp and I'd like to ask for opinion on how to boost dps. I am stacking cd and cc only, not focus on ias very much. Is ias e way to go if I want dps breakthrough?
Reply Quote
grats on spending thousands of dollars on a video game?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]