Diablo® III

New Legendary Map Icon

90 Human Priest
Patch 1.0.7 Well done Blizz! Many great features added to this one. The best one IMO is the giant star on mini-map to show when a legendary has dropped, and stay on mini-map until leaving that zone. I'm sure 99.9% of the barbs will agree.
What do you guys think was the best part about the new patch?
Reply Quote
There has been a ping on the map since 1.05, no?
Reply Quote
This is no ping, this is a massive star on your mini map
Reply Quote
the ping and the beam of light is are there from a couple patches ago...i really don't understand why some people still claim they can't see legendary drops...maybe only if they drop out of your screen but then you probably did not deserve it anyway.
Reply Quote
I think the patch is good...

but, they are the kind of simple additions I expect every month, not every 3 or 4.

I give no praise for PvP, that is expected out of the box. its about time.

New gem types would have been WAY better than the Marquse super gems I hardly want or need.
Reply Quote
Star on mini map is really bull, well you know what I mean. Still catering to WW barbs.
Reply Quote
I agree, the addition of the star to the minimap is a small change but a good one. Thanks Blizz!
Reply Quote
wizards unstable anomaly is kewl now. i never die
Reply Quote
the star has been awesome. no idea why you made the ping temporary in the first place.

also, some of us dont play with the same boring d3 sound or we *gasp* have other things going on while we play and arent interested in hearing followers cycle through 4 different soundbytes every so often.
Reply Quote
It help me a lot in public game :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Forgot about the crafting aspect also, have already gotten upgrades on my ammy, gloves, and bracer! :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm personally enjoying farming for all the new crafting recipes. I even managed to upgrade my bracers! :)
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I even managed to upgrade my bracers! :)

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

joking of course.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 03:43 PMPosted by BadtotheBone
Star on mini map is really bull, well you know what I mean. Still catering to WW barbs.

This is the kind of retarded argument I don't understand. It helps everyone. You're less likely to miss legendary drops. Didn't miss them before? Good for you. It doesn't hurt anyone, and helps other players. Some people will find anything to complain about.
Reply Quote
when a legendary finally drops for me this patch I'll let you know how cool i think it is.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 03:29 PMPosted by papajohns
the ping and the beam of light is are there from a couple patches ago...i really don't understand why some people still claim they can't see legendary drops...maybe only if they drop out of your screen but then you probably did not deserve it anyway.

02/14/2013 03:29 PMPosted by papajohns
you probably did not deserve it anyway.

That there's troll logic. Get ye back to yer middle earth.

Ya I'm really loving this patch and all the new plans. Plans have been dropping quite frequently it seems.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I'm personally enjoying farming for all the new crafting recipes. I even managed to upgrade my bracers! :)

Mind to share your hero's profile?
Reply Quote
Honestly, the star on the minimap is... silly looking. I mean it does its intended purpose, and it does it well, but it just looks so... out of place.

Edit: As for it being needed or not... I do believe other ARPG's do just fine without it so... meh. But it doesn't really hurt anything (that I know of).
Edited by Espionage724#1903 on 2/14/2013 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Honestly, the star on the minimap is... silly looking. I mean it does its intended purpose, and it does it well, but it just looks so... out of place.

Edit: As for it being needed or not... I do believe other ARPG's do just fine without it so... meh. But it doesn't really hurt anything (that I know of).

I can agree with the star itself seeming out of place, I wonder if Blizz would make a poll to change the icon to something more D3, maybe like the diablo skull or something cool like that. ;)
Reply Quote
why?this games far from d2 so its just fine,i played d2 for 10 years,and this isnt it ,and no i am not trolling i am a 60 year old lady very sad with this outcome for this game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]