Diablo® III

DH, am I doing it right? I'm back!

So I feel like I'm not doing something right, whether it be skills/or play style I'm not grasping. I'm in hell act 2, and mainly it's the !@#$ that jumps at you and the invisible snakes I'm having issues with.. I've come close to dieing 1 to many times tonight so I come to the community for help again!

Stats and skills:

1815 armor
32.8k hp
16.9k dps
29~ Resists.

I have a set of ilvl 62 and 63 gear waiting.. So I'd rather not spend what little gold I have left.

Skills

Smokescreen- Lingering Fog
Vault-Tumble
Preparation- Battle Scars
Shadow Power- Gloom
Hungering Arrow-Spray of Teeth
Elemental Arrow- Ball Lightning

Passives- Archery, Tac. Advantage, Perfectionist

Edit: Just hit 56, forgot to mention what level I was :)
Edited by MrAnderson22#1872 on 2/16/2013 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Time to ditch the cain's, and get a new chest. Between those 2 you should find the increase in armor makes a big diff.

You could also hunt around for a new belt. Try and find -lvl armor - it should be pretty affordable now that you're at 56. You could probably increase your armor by at least 1k, considering you're only at 1.8k right now that's a massive difference.

Also, spend the money. I lost a 49 because I was trying to save money for 60. Totally not worth it - you'll make it back when you hit 60 fast enough.
Edited by Poxy#1672 on 2/16/2013 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Your build is way too discipline heavy for your 30 max discipline. Hell, even mine isn't as discipline heavy, and I have 50 max. How much do you think you need Gloom? Do you use it because you tank damage while fighting? I tend to avoid almost all damage by using vault, which is much easier on the discipline. It's not completely foolproof, but I avoid most hits, which is good enough.

How good is your kiting? I find that if you can kite pretty well, and are good at vaulting at the right times, you don't really need shadow power.

I don't think you need Archery, not unless you decide to use a bow. Since CC and CD complement each other, you would want a lot higher CC than 16% in order for the 50% CD bonus from archery to really be beneficial. Especially since you're using a 900 DPS crossbow in Hell, you should be melting things already.

I don't like your choice in Spray of Teeth. I think it's better for minimum of 40% crit chance. Otherwise, since you already have AoE covered in ball of lightning, I'd go for single target damage in Devouring or Puncturing Arrow.

I wouldn't worry too much about upgrading; I would say your gear and stats are good enough, as long as you can play smart and avoid damage properly. Are you making sure to read the affixes of every elite pack before you engage them? It may be time consuming at first, but you get used to it. At this point, I do it almost automatically, without it hindering my pace at all. (Although maybe you could stand to find a resistance piece or two, to help that all res.)
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 2/16/2013 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would stay out of hell with these stats. Try to get up above 50k for life and raise your resistances. 2 hits and you may easily be dead with 32k. I use different skills and I would guess my play style is very different. Typically I am using the same 2 keys skills but I use both sentry and spiked trap to help deal damage and allow me to stay back out of the fray
Reply Quote
Time to ditch the cain's, and get a new chest. Between those 2 you should find the increase in armor makes a big diff.

You could also hunt around for a new belt. Try and find -lvl armor - it should be pretty affordable now that you're at 56. You could probably increase your armor by at least 1k, considering you're only at 1.8k right now that's a massive difference.

Also, spend the money. I lost a 49 because I was trying to save money for 60. Totally not worth it - you'll make it back when you hit 60 fast enough.

It's not that I'm saving for 60, I ALREADY own ilvl 62-63 complete minus a chest.

I do check always, I SS in and take a look(although, sometimes I am vaulting around cause I hate how slow walk speed is, and I get into some trouble) I can kite like a mad man, that isn't an issue. I just feel like anything with -fast affix or !@#$ that just jumps on you/appears in front of you, I take 2 hits and I'm like red. :(

What would you rec. for a good skill set / passive for me then bottle? :D Thanks
Reply Quote
I know I was avoiding giving gear advice, but if you were to change any one thing, I think that should be getting movement speed on the boots. I think that's paramount for any ranged class. Also since, like I said, your DPS is already overkill with the crossbow, maybe you would consider changing some of those emeralds for amethysts.

As for changing archery? I used archery when I was progressing, but that's because I didn't have a level requirement weapon, so I needed the DPS, plus I used a bow, so it helped my DPS regardless of my crit stats. However, since you're having trouble with getting jumped, you might want to consider Thrill of the Hunt. With Lightning Ball covering a great area, you could take great advantage of it at the right times.

I asked you, do you need Gloom? I imagine you must have a lot of discipline troubles, which can be avoided simply by you avoiding damage, and only using SS when you really need it (I scarcely ever use it). You could change it for either wild boar, or sentry with Guardian Turret. But if you really need Gloom to survive then keep it. (I don't know if that's the case, and I can't know with any information short of actually watching you play.) If it turns out that you really do need Gloom then, well I hate to say this but, you may want to ease up on those vaults.
Reply Quote
I know I was avoiding giving gear advice, but if you were to change any one thing, I think that should be getting movement speed on the boots. I think that's paramount for any ranged class. Also since, like I said, your DPS is already overkill with the crossbow, maybe you would consider changing some of those emeralds for amethysts.

As for changing archery? I used archery when I was progressing, but that's because I didn't have a level requirement weapon, so I needed the DPS, plus I used a bow, so it helped my DPS regardless of my crit stats. However, since you're having trouble with getting jumped, you might want to consider Thrill of the Hunt. With Lightning Ball covering a great area, you could take great advantage of it at the right times.

I asked you, do you need Gloom? I imagine you must have a lot of discipline troubles, which can be avoided simply by you avoiding damage, and only using SS when you really need it (I scarcely ever use it). You could change it for either wild boar, or sentry with Guardian Turret. But if you really need Gloom to survive then keep it. (I don't know if that's the case, and I can't know with any information short of actually watching you play.) If it turns out that you really do need Gloom then, well I hate to say this but, you may want to ease up on those vaults.

I use it in the instances i get jumped/invisibled on... other than that I don't really use it which makes a valid point.
Reply Quote
Oh do we bother with LoH?
Reply Quote
Maybe?
Reply Quote
View profile
Just go for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]