Diablo® III

Never do bosses

At level 59 and 7/10 towards level 60, DH dies in one fireball from Azmodan on hell with 40k hp, even though I vaulted out of the way, it still killed me instantly.

Seriously, every freaking boss is ridiculous and can 1 shot kill you, except for Diablo. First time I died and it was a bullsh*t death, so annoying. Well lesson learned, I'm not doing bosses anymore.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'll still do bosses.
Reply Quote
always assume the fireball will 1 shot you. In my experience bosses are easier than many hard packs once you hit Hell.
Reply Quote
The fire ball is nasty -- seen more than one hero fall to its wrath.

Question: Does the fireball gain strength the further it is from Azmodan? I'm a barb (most of the time) so I always stay close :S
Reply Quote
I think the fireball is the same damage no matter the distance.

Don't do Azmodan Hell before lvl 60! It's too easy to level up in Skycrown / Arreat Crater 2 / Rakkis / Keeps!
Reply Quote
RIP.

02/19/2013 03:27 PMPosted by KingCronus
First time I died and it was a bullsh*t death, so annoying.

This is actually an honorable death. Glory to the fallen!

Good luck with your re-roll.
Reply Quote
Azmodan fireball does multiplicatively more damage the further you are away from him. This really should be stickied somewhere cause so many people don't know about it. He does almost nothing in melee range and will 1shot any character over a screen away.
Reply Quote
Azmodan fireball does multiplicatively more damage the further you are away from him.

Wait, what do you mean? What is it multiplying with? Do you mean to say that the damage growth over time is geometric? How do you know it's not linear?
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Bottle
Azmodan fireball does multiplicatively more damage the further you are away from him.

Wait, what do you mean? What is it multiplying with? Do you mean to say that the damage growth over time is geometric? How do you know it's not linear?

MATH FIGHT!!!!!

My money's on Bottle.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 03:30 PMPosted by ActionKungfu
I'll still do bosses.

Same.

02/19/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Bottle
Do you mean to say that the damage growth over time is geometric? How do you know it's not linear?

It's gotta be linear.
Reply Quote
View profile

Do you mean to say that the damage growth over time is geometric? How do you know it's not linear?

It's gotta be linear.

It's obviously static.
Reply Quote
He does more damage the further you are away. A lot more.

That's all one needs to know to stay alive. Use whatever term you wish.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Pzypro
That's all one needs to know to stay alive. Use whatever term you wish

Haha. A giant fireball is 50 feet away. MOVE away from it.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/19/2013 03:55 PMPosted by krazlys

Reflect it back!
Reply Quote
I'm not trying to hassle anyone over semantics. I just get annoyed when people indiscriminately throw around a math term, just to sound smarter, when they don't really know what they just said.

Also, anyone who has played Link to the Past would know that you need to throw Azmodan's fireballs back at him with a fishing net.
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 2/19/2013 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 04:05 PMPosted by MasterBaker

Reflect it back!

Charge your power sword! This is going to be one dirty game of ping pong.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/19/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Bottle
Also, anyone who has played Link to the Past would know that you need to throw Azmodan's fireballs back at him with a fishing net.

Link to the Past! My 2nd favorite Zelda game. First is actually not Ocarina of Time, but Majora's Mask. :)

Edit: Close third is Link's Awakening.
Edited by MasterBaker#1567 on 2/19/2013 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
[quote="79222414081"]

Edit: Close third is Link's Awakening.

I liked OG Link's Awakening(non Color) because of the "select" trick. It made for some interesting new dungeons(not kidding).
Reply Quote
Super Smash Brothers Melee would be my first favorite.

Follow by Super Smash Brothers.
Reply Quote
I'm not trying to hassle anyone over semantics. I just get annoyed when people indiscriminately throw around a math term, just to sound smarter, when they don't really know what they just said.

Full of win.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]