Diablo® III

Never do bosses

best advice here is to get to level 60 before even act three. then you should have full inferno gear equipped, make this battle short and easy.
Reply Quote
View profile
best advice here is to get to level 60 before even act three. then you should have full inferno gear equipped, make this battle short and easy.

Some people beat Hell mode before 60. :/
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 03:27 PMPosted by KingCronus
DH dies in one fireball from Azmodan on hell with 40k hp, even though I vaulted out of the way, it still killed me instantly.

Don't do Azmodan Hell before lvl 60! It's too easy to level up in Skycrown / Arreat Crater 2 / Rakkis / Keeps!

good to know, just hit Hell and im just lvl50
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Bottle
I just get annoyed when people indiscriminately throw around a math term

+1
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 03:37 PMPosted by Sunshine
This is actually an honorable death. Glory to the fallen!

Agree, any death not cause by disconnect or bug are honorable death.

for Azmadon, you can tank his fireball if you don't move....the fireball will increase damage when it move further (can increase to double or tripple damage).
Reply Quote
I just get annoyed when people indiscriminately throw around a math term, just to sound smarter

/facepalm
Reply Quote
EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize it was the same guy. My misinterpretation....
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 2/21/2013 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
no point continuing this thread duel (brawl?) ... always the same thing on any forum, two random people always mistake each other for goofball retards, and then both turn out to be well adjusted, intelligent, and successful in life. No point continuing this unless you have something spectacular planned worthy of MJ Popcorn.
Reply Quote
How do you even get hit by that fireball?? You were ranged and that thing moves so slow....

oh look here comes a fireball...still coming...still coming...still coming...oh ok I moved a few yards away. WHew!
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Bnetplayer
and then both turn out to be well adjusted, intelligent, and successful in life.

This surely describes everyone who has ever posed on a video game forum. :)
Reply Quote
View profile
How do you even get hit by that fireball?? You were ranged and that thing moves so slow....

oh look here comes a fireball...still coming...still coming...still coming...oh ok I moved a few yards away. WHew!

The hitbox is larger than what it looks like, as it sometimes looks as if you've avoided it but still get hit. Mix in a little bit of lag and...
Reply Quote
View profile
02/19/2013 10:18 PMPosted by ActionKungfu
The hitbox is larger than what it looks like, as it sometimes looks as if you've avoided it but still get hit. Mix in a little bit of lag and...

I will laugh "when" you get hit by this. Lol (oh, look. I'm actually laughing now. xD).
Reply Quote
I always think of Azmodan being the easiest boss when on my DH. I stay well away from the fireball and use smokescreen when needed.

May she RIP
Reply Quote
View profile
02/19/2013 10:29 PMPosted by MasterBaker

I will laugh "when" you get hit by this. Lol (oh, look. I'm actually laughing now. xD).

There's a couple of burst attacks every DH needs to be able to at least survive 1 hit of, to make the most out of the dex/dodge. That attack is one of them, if you're in 1 shot territory just run behind the pillars in the back.

The other stuff is savage beast charges, fallen maniacs, a molten explosion, one swing from Leoric's walk, etc. Some things I straight up don't want test though.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/19/2013 10:58 PMPosted by ActionKungfu

There's a couple of burst attacks every DH needs to be able to at least survive 1 hit of, to make the most out of the dex/dodge. That attack is one of them, if you're in 1 shot territory just run behind the pillars in the back.

The other stuff is savage beast charges, fallen maniacs, a molten explosion, one swing from Leoric's walk, etc. Some things I straight up don't want test though.

I lie though. I no laugh if you die. I respect a DH that uses Dawn instead of Calamity. If I were a 1-H Crossbow DH, I'd use Dawn over Calamity. :)
Reply Quote

I suppose you are right but still there are those tower things you can stay behind if you are really worried about the fireball. Op seems new to HC and for him I'm sure this is a learning experience. You can't just stand around and spam attack like you do in a SC game. You have to use everything to your advantage of staying alive and playing as safe as possible.

On my first HC character I learned alot too. I had 90k life with bad resist and def and would sometimes take 50-70k damage from 1 shot in Inferno. That was back in 1.04 but still gained valuable knowledge from that character and her eventual death.

Sorry if my comment was unhelpful I was knocking a few drinks back and can be a jacka$$ sometimes. RIP and good luck with re-roll. OP I will give you a reduced lvl bow that will help you faceroll Hell. Add me in game with comment bow if you want it!
Edited by SpArTaNBeAsT#1394 on 2/20/2013 7:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
You shouldn't be fighting Azmondan before level 60. Were you alone or with others? If you can't get there on your own, you shouldn't be fighting him.
Reply Quote
"This is actually an honorable death. Glory to the fallen!"
This is KLINGON HC after all!
:-)
Reply Quote
that fireball doesnt get any better in hell. i was playing last night and got a little sleepy around cydea. decided to finish the run out anyway. long story short i got distracted by one of azmos spawn that popped behind me turned around to kill it and next thing i knew........

FIREBALL OH SH*T WHERED THAT DAMN THING COME FROM...............

popped smokescreen but i guess i was a split second late......... reroll for me...

im usually so good at avoiding that thing.. i really dont know where it came from..... guess i was sleepier than i thought. and that was definitely the last run of the night.
Reply Quote
View profile

I lie though. I no laugh if you die. I respect a DH that uses Dawn instead of Calamity. If I were a 1-H Crossbow DH, I'd use Dawn over Calamity. :)

Why laugh though? I've never been killed by his fireball in HC. In softcore I got hit by it and died half screen away in 1.0.3 with a dagger and shield DH, I would use to fight among the Barbs and Monks in pubs.

Things like fireballs and fallen maniacs WILL hit you someday, though. I got hit by Azmodan's fireball a week or so ago on a run with HunterRush in MP1, that's how it know that sometimes you can get blasted before it looks like it's going to make contact where you would normally smokescreen.

I like my Dawn a lot, thanks :P it feels gfg(as far as Dawn's go), except I wish it had a higher stun proc.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 2/20/2013 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]