Diablo® III

Never do bosses

Community Manager
Honor to our fellow Nephalem who have fallen, and good fortune to future heroes. Perhaps with time the caution you feel surrounding Azmodan will yield to a burning desire for vengeance, and rather than avoiding his lair you may find yourself happily anticipating the bitter satisfaction that only his death can bring.
Reply Quote
/kneel_before_shrine
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 04:03 PMPosted by Grimiku
Honor to our fellow Nephalem who have fallen, and good fortune to future heroes. Perhaps with time the caution you feel surrounding Azmodan will yield to a burning desire for vengeance, and rather than avoiding his lair you may find yourself happily anticipating the bitter satisfaction that only his death can bring.

Do you play hardcore Grimiku ?

If so, have you ever lost a well geared lvl60 toon in a manner that was not your fault ?

If so, please fill us in on the details.

Thanks for the post
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Fyle

If so, have you ever lost a well geared lvl60 toon in a manner that was not your fault ?

Thanks for the post

Not his possible characters, but you might kill off his future posting in this section via your passive-aggressive abrasiveness. It wouldn't be his fault.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Fyle

...We're not talking about disconnection or so here, are we ? He saw everything and could have avoided the ball.

-

And what about your allres Cronus ? I often see people going through hell HC with like 50-100 all res.

The time you enter Hell you should begin looking for allres stuff (i.e. lvl 52+ items), to do so you are forced to drop some stats - unless you're rich. Droping 5khp for 50-100 all res is totally worh it at this point of the game (I went through hell with all kind of chars doing so - ~300 allres 20-30 khp - and I have never been OS even with DH.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 05:42 PMPosted by Bottle

/facepalm

Erm...
Certainly you're not "facepalm"ing over my correct use of the word "indiscriminate".

— adj
1. lacking discrimination or careful choice; random or promiscuous

Adjective
Done at random or without careful judgment: "indiscriminate killing"

So what exactly are you "facepalm"ing about?

So if you use a lot of math terminology indiscriminately, you must be promiscuous, right?
Reply Quote
http://oi47.tinypic.com/scupad.jpg

you should know what happened later :D
RIP
new char and again ... and again ...
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 04:03 PMPosted by Grimiku

You need to come play with me sometimes. I promise to not ask question you arent supposed to answer but I will sit back smiling like a star struck little girl anytime I think you are gonna talk about anything that might not be general knowledge yet. It will be a fun time for all.
Reply Quote
Azmodan fireball does multiplicatively more damage the further you are away from him.

Wait, what do you mean? What is it multiplying with? Do you mean to say that the damage growth over time is geometric? How do you know it's not linear?

Please don't fight over this... it's the same thing. What do you think y = mx + b is? m = slope and is MULTIPLIED and it is linear. He said "multiplicative," not logarithmic or to a power.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Thanks for the post

I do play Hardcore, but every character I have lost has been my own fault. I came very close to losing my main during a lag spike (thank you ISP) while fighting Belial. He put his arms in the ground and after two explosions the world went silent, and my heart sank at the thought of what was about to come. My system did not recover until Belial had ended that attack phase and my Spirit Vessel debuff was on, so I knew I had come close.

If I had been playing any one of my alts it would have been the end for that hero. But, that thrill is why we are in Hardcore, and there will always be an element beyond our control.
Reply Quote
@op @ grimiku I think there is actualy a bug there. I've been leveling a wizzard on hc these days and was doing azmo on nightmare. Was playing a build based on desintegrate/chaos as my main dmg dealer. As i was channeling i see the fireball coming towards me, 1-1,5 seconds before it would hit me, i teleport to another spot. The fireball "teleports" aswell and hits me full on.
Reply Quote
Azmodan fireball does multiplicatively more damage the further you are away from him.

Wait, what do you mean? What is it multiplying with? Do you mean to say that the damage growth over time is geometric? How do you know it's not linear?

Please don't fight over this... it's the same thing. What do you think y = mx + b is? m = slope and is MULTIPLIED and it is linear. He said "multiplicative," not logarithmic or to a power.

It is not the same thing. Taking higher orders of m would still satisfy "multiplicative" (x multiplied by m), but the resulting function would no longer be linear.
Reply Quote
Hmm...Azmo is the easiest boss for DH typically...I'm pretty sure I've never been hit by a fireball..ever. I have no idea how much damage it does, but like others have said already, I just assume it will one-shot me. Bosses, compared to many elite affix combinations, are way too easy...other than the fact that you're trapped in the room.

Also, does the fireball even *go* a screen away? I'm pretty sure I only dodge it for a second or two before it hits the ground...ok, maybe three seconds...but it's slow as #$@. 12% ms is enough to make dodging it trivial, even without vault/ss/etc...
Reply Quote

Thanks for the post

I do play Hardcore, but every character I have lost has been my own fault. I came very close to losing my main during a lag spike (thank you ISP) while fighting Belial. He put his arms in the ground and after two explosions the world went silent, and my heart sank at the thought of what was about to come. My system did not recover until Belial had ended that attack phase and my Spirit Vessel debuff was on, so I knew I had come close.

If I had been playing any one of my alts it would have been the end for that hero. But, that thrill is why we are in Hardcore, and there will always be an element beyond our control.

And what, young man, is your excuse for ignoring the Hardcore forums for so long?

*Does my best angry Jewish mother impression..... the type of impression that you can only get from having an angry Jewish mother.*
Reply Quote
Get to 60 before act 3 hell. Let your death serve as a lesson when you reroll.

But, that thrill is why we are in Hardcore, and there will always be an element beyond our control.

I don't know that lag spikes qualify as part of the thrill hardcore players are seeking. Don't mean to complain as it's been like that since day 1, but just sayin
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Grimiku
and there will always be an element beyond our control.

You have to be kidding right? Is this your first Action RPG or what?

In the history of the entire franchise I've never once felt screwed by the game due to faulty mechanics until Diablo 3. Every dead character I've ever had in every other game was related to me being an idiot - not because OOPS YOU LOST CONNECTION.

Please just admit the team screwed up by making the game online only.
Reply Quote
In the history of the entire franchise I've never once felt screwed by the game due to faulty mechanics until Diablo 3.

+1
Reply Quote
I think people are being too careful, about hell. Just get a nice lvl60 weapon with reduced level requirements and Hell Azmodan or Belial will not be such a big deal. You'll mostly be able to burst them down before they do any funky stuff. No need to level to 60 for them.

For example with the Barbarian, you just change your skill sets to WotB + Frenzy + Earthquale + Rend and with a 2-hander with 800+ damage Belial will not get his ulti off because he is going down fast. Azmodan is a joke too.

With my Barb, I just went straight through the main quests, didn't level, never bothered to explore any extra dungeons. I think I replayed a third of act IV Hell to get from lvl 59 to 60 and then went straight to Diablo. Only when I arrived in Inferno, did I actually switch to 1-hand plus shield. Before that, just lvl-reduced 2-handed cheese.

May not be as easy with other chars but Monk can do 7 sided strike for 2310% Weapon Damage after activating Mantra of Conviction - Overawe.
Wizard can activate Archon with Arcane destruction which is 1600% weapon damage right there and just deathray the remaining health down.
Demon Hunter has Rain of Vengeance Anathema for 3300% over 15 Seconds
Witch doctor uses Fetish Army-Fetish Ambush.

It doesn't seem so hard, really. Just burst them down within the first 15 or so seconds of the fight with a nice 2-hand weapon and everything is good.

If you're playing selffound HC, well THAT's a different story.
Edited by Paulszki#1462 on 3/29/2013 7:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]