Diablo® III

Increasing Life Steal %

So according to threads and proven through experience and recorded video, Life on Hit and Life Steal are reduced significantly on Inferno. Why is this?

And more importantly why is it not offset when using MP?
Reply Quote
I knew about Life Steal getting an 80% nerf, but LoH gets that nerf too?

How much?
Reply Quote
So according to threads and proven through experience and recorded video, Life on Hit and Life Steal are reduced significantly on Inferno. Why is this?

Because they are clearly overpowered even after the massive reduction in effectiveness.

I base this on their effectiveness when compared to other defensive affixes like life on kill, life regeneration, health globes, etc.
Reply Quote
Life Steal are reduced significantly on Inferno. In normal you have more HP that DPS in inferno you have more DPS that HP. It must be reduced.

Life on Hit are reduced depending of the skill used.

With higher MP damage increases. You need more regeneration and more damage reduction. In another hands DPS increases and makes Life Steal very efficient. Other regeneration bonus become useless. It is not possible to nerf life steal in high MP but other bonus should be buff. (life on hit, life on kill, damage on hit...)
Edited by holce#2777 on 2/20/2013 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lol I never knew that...but it does make sense I can get my monk to do 218dps buffed with heavens light mod.....and I got 2.8 lif steal........so I should be doing somewhere around 5 to 7 life steal with every hit not including that my attacks per second is like 2.6 lol I should just almost never die but I do....I cant even due mp8 ubers by myself kinda lame....got 700ar
Reply Quote
Life on Hit isn't reduced, only modified by each skills individual proc coefficient, that's why you see reduced values using it.

Life Steal is nerfed because at the high levels of DPS of many well geared players life steal would be absurdly OP and completely outclass LoH. The return values were adjusted in higher difficulties so that neither stat would completely overshadow the other, and it seems like they did a pretty good job keeping the 2 balanced.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]