Diablo® III

How do you dye your set armor?

I thought they made it so we could do this in 1.0.7?
Reply Quote
only vanishing dye to make them disappear ... not sure if that is your issue or not
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:22 AMPosted by padako
only vanishing dye to make them disappear ... not sure if that is your issue or not

Lol that's all?
Reply Quote
Reading comprehension FAIL
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:23 AMPosted by mercilessdv8

Lol that's all?

yes. a CM did state that they were working on adding colored dyes for legs/sets but that it wouldn't be ready for this patch since it is significantly more work for a graphic artist. so ya, you can't really dye legs/sets yet but at least you can "vanish" those hideous vile wards.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:28 AMPosted by padako

Lol that's all?

yes. a CM did state that they were working on adding colored dyes for legs/sets but that it wouldn't be ready for this patch since it is significantly more work for a graphic artist. so ya, you can't really dye legs/sets yet but at least you can "vanish" those hideous vile wards.

Ok thanks sir!
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Lol that's all?

You're correct. :) Since we knew the process of going back and redoing textures on all the Legendaries to make them dye-compatible would take some time, we wanted to make sure that players could at least use Vanishing Dye on Legendary items for now.

You can read my original posts concerning dyes on Legendaries here and here.
Reply Quote
You're correct. :) Since we knew the process of going back and redoing textures on all the Legendaries to make them dye-compatible would take some time, we wanted to make sure that players could at least use Vanishing Dye on Legendary items for now.

You can read my original posts concerning dyes on Legendaries here and here.

Welcome back! lets see some posts on some of the more important issues plaguing these forums.
Edited by captured#1120 on 2/20/2013 11:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
but at least you can "vanish" those hideous vile wards.

That's the first thing i did when i logged in after 1.07 patch.

Bye bye gun rack :D
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:22 AMPosted by padako

Working as intended.

Look more hidden footprints!!
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Vaeflare
at least you can "vanish" those hideous vile wards.

next interim step, which wouldn't require a lot of work -- cuz we know d3 team don't like work, especially the fixing their own mistakes kind -- u should be able to just re-skin them, i.e. set to them to appear as another non-unique set of shoulders.

vile wards are ridiculous looking, but "no shoulders" isn't always going to look great either. this would be a low-effort solution to that problem. (aw boo hoo you will have to do more UI work.)
Reply Quote
Sweet, I can't wait to have a pink Vile Ward. It will be epic.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 11:43 AMPosted by dajusta
Can I ask if it was a development decision to have legendaries NOT be able to dye in the first place?
It was a decision made specifically to make you angry.
Reply Quote

You can read my original posts concerning dyes on Legendaries [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593623207#2"]here[/url] and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593623207?page=2#21"]here[/url].

How bout just an ID all?

Recently started playing again (HC) and I have to say this is by far the most annoying part of Diablo 3 (now that I'm not farming A3 for horrendously itemized legendaries and I'm just playing with friends for fun).
Reply Quote
Some reason we can't dye our new archon type gear???? these are just rare crafted gear and don't understand why we can't dye them.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 01:53 PMPosted by BubbaGump
Some reason we can't dye our new archon type gear???? these are just rare crafted gear and don't understand why we can't dye them.
You can dye them :/

But you cannot dye any amulet or bracer though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]