Diablo® III

Pets/Sentry Turrets Procs

Thank you Wyatt for posting, this is a great step in the right direction for communication to fans of the game.
Reply Quote
Thanks for posting about this, Wyatt! =)
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
but if I'm not wrong there's still a bug where uber Siegebreaker still causes Sentry damage to reflect back to you.

Yeah, I saw this happening when I was playing last night as well. Sentries (and other pets for that matter) reflecting damage back to you on Siegebreaker is a bug and is already fixed internally. The hotfix didn't make the last (Feb 19th) maintenance and is currently scheduled for next Tuesday.

Thanks for showing your presence on these forums. It means a lot.... That is all.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 08:17 PMPosted by OldSchool

Yeah, I saw this happening when I was playing last night as well. Sentries (and other pets for that matter) reflecting damage back to you on Siegebreaker is a bug and is already fixed internally. The hotfix didn't make the last (Feb 19th) maintenance and is currently scheduled for next Tuesday.

Thanks for showing your presence on these forums. It means a lot.... That is all.

Agreed 100%. Kudos to Wyatt.
Reply Quote
I believe some of this has been covered but perhaps not all of it concerning dmg reflect. My question is slightly different than pets and sentries however. On one of my DH's, I've noticed a substantial change in the way shadow power procs for life replenishment. This particular DH is an experimental build with ASI using entangling shot as the focus for hatred regen. Base APS on this build is at 3.69. The problem is that shadow power doesn't appear to proc as fast as the APS. I'm wondering if this is by intent or if its a bug that needs fixed. I can click gloom immediately on seeing dmg reflect elites and open fire, but I also see a 1-2 second delay during which time life is constantly dropping before the life replenishment aspects begin to take place. In some cases.... Life simply doesn't replenish at all. I've also noticed using gloom under the curse spell cast by succubus, has the opposite effect entirely. By that I mean, gloom is on, and its as if they now have dmg reflect to the extent that no life comes in, but goes down faster than the old reflect used to cause.

I'm surely not the only one who has tried a similar build. So I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with gloom simply failing to work at all or if this is somehow tied to overclocking ASI in some way? Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
I noticed regular siegebreaker totally fried my DH with damage reflect when I moved up a couple MP levels, not just the UBER one.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 05:18 AMPosted by MarcusSC2Br
as it is just not worth chosing this skills over other with more DPS and can proc.

What do you mean with other skills? Wich skills?. The skills you mention are secondary skills. They arent your primary generator or spender. They are addition sources of DPS, as such there are no alternatives.
Reply Quote
but if I'm not wrong there's still a bug where uber Siegebreaker still causes Sentry damage to reflect back to you.

Praise a carrot!!!

A dev, on D3 forums.
That's...that's amazing.
Reply Quote

My jaw just dropped!
If you have time, we love to see more of you in the Forums.
Reply Quote
I believe some of this has been covered but perhaps not all of it concerning dmg reflect. My question is slightly different than pets and sentries however. On one of my DH's, I've noticed a substantial change in the way shadow power procs for life replenishment. This particular DH is an experimental build with ASI using entangling shot as the focus for hatred regen. Base APS on this build is at 3.69. The problem is that shadow power doesn't appear to proc as fast as the APS. I'm wondering if this is by intent or if its a bug that needs fixed. I can click gloom immediately on seeing dmg reflect elites and open fire, but I also see a 1-2 second delay during which time life is constantly dropping before the life replenishment aspects begin to take place. In some cases.... Life simply doesn't replenish at all. I've also noticed using gloom under the curse spell cast by succubus, has the opposite effect entirely. By that I mean, gloom is on, and its as if they now have dmg reflect to the extent that no life comes in, but goes down faster than the old reflect used to cause.

I'm surely not the only one who has tried a similar build. So I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with gloom simply failing to work at all or if this is somehow tied to overclocking ASI in some way? Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.

Which entangling shot rune did you use? I'v noticed there's sometimes a slight delay in the lifesteal effect, both with and without gloom, when using entangling shot if you use chain gaing rune. The slow jumps pretty far from one target to another but not instantly, sort of a sluggish chain effect... could be the cause of it? Try with other skills imo :P the APS shouldn't be the cause, I never had it with any other skill using the exact same APS with a calamity as well... But Chain Gang = behaves a bit odd! Because the animation of the weird trident itself hits but the damage number isn't instantly popping up! Not sure if it's intended entirely or just happens to be how it works... ^^

Then again if it's a high MP level, maybe you simply regened way less than the damage reflected back? Even if I pre-gloom (before anything lands after firing at a reflect target) I drop to 60% health before leeching begins!
Reply Quote

Yeah, presence of the dev are big suprise to me aswell but.......what represent his avatar??? O.o
Edited by Pan#2116 on 2/23/2013 3:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
devs are reclusive skittish creatures...don't make any sudden movements or loud noises...

UMADBRO? ah he ran away :p
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 03:49 AMPosted by Pan

Yeah, presence of the dev are big suprise to me aswell but.......what represent his avatar??? O.o

Looks like the Ancient Guardian rune for the familiar that Wizards have.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
devs are reclusive skittish creatures...don't make any sudden movements or loud noises...

UMADBRO? ah he ran away :p

It's like coming across the unique dog pokemon in the Gold/Silver versions.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I played last night and my sentries did indeed reflect damage back to me.

Not sure if it's a bug or oversight by blizzard's inept dev team, but i went from 20% HP to dead due to sentry turret reflect damage and i was two screens away at the time with no other damage going out or in.

It took me a second to realize how i was dying with no enemies on the screen and me just standing there waiting for a CD to come up b/c the reflect damage mob was stuck 2 screens away in the same room as my sentries b/c they walled themselves in.
Reply Quote

WHAT is that avatar??
Reply Quote
Which entangling shot rune did you use? I'v noticed there's sometimes a slight delay in the lifesteal effect, both with and without gloom, when using entangling shot if you use chain gaing rune. The slow jumps pretty far from one target to another but not instantly, sort of a sluggish chain effect... could be the cause of it? Try with other skills imo :P the APS shouldn't be the cause, I never had it with any other skill using the exact same APS with a calamity as well... But Chain Gang = behaves a bit odd! Because the animation of the weird trident itself hits but the damage number isn't instantly popping up! Not sure if it's intended entirely or just happens to be how it works... ^^ Then again if it's a high MP level, maybe you simply regened way less than the damage reflected back? Even if I pre-gloom (before anything lands after firing at a reflect target) I drop to 60% health before leeching begins!

Ty for the comeback on this Axeroid. Actually I occasionally swap between two runes on entangling shot. But primarily I use Justice is Served. The hatred regen is upped to 6 per shot. That being whether or not you actually shoot anything or just fire randomly into the air. At that APS it puts ur hatred regen above 20 easily. Which = unlimited spike trap/sticky bomb runes. The tests I've run are at MP0. (to answer your other question). I've not noticed any problems on my other DH with much lower APS and windforce (though windforce has life leech of its own which may account for some of that). It seems to only happen with the fast one. I have managed to compensate somewhat by clicking gloom and waiting at least a second before firing. It seems to function slightly better... but still the return isn't immediate. Even if I switch the rune to blood moon for the higher life replenish.. I'm still seeing the same thing. Its just not pulling in life (or... I should say is functioning more or less intermittently). And my sheet DPS is 230k ish. On MP0 I wouldn't think I'm taking more damage from the reflect than I should be leeching. But I don't actually know the percentages of damage reflected per MP to make a truly intelligent statement on that...
Reply Quote
Very nice to have a response from Mr. Cheng. He understands best what direction this game needs to, and he actually listens to the important comments from the community. Thank you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]