Diablo® III

Are the 1.07 Elites stronger

I seem to be losing a lot more life fighting inferno elites than I did before. Is it just my imagination?
Reply Quote
plague is stronger.. by a lot
Reply Quote
But molten and reflect are weaker.
Reply Quote
Yeah, that first molten-plague-horde pack you run into is a real wake up call.
Reply Quote
I thought so too eh? My health can drop up to 75% now in mp0, never happened before.
But removing stagger for dual wielding barb is game changing. I can kill so fast now.
Reply Quote
View profile
I thought so too eh? My health can drop up to 75% now in mp0, never happened before.
But removing stagger for dual wielding barb is game changing. I can kill so fast now.

What do you mean by "removing stagger"?
Reply Quote
What do you mean by "removing stagger"?

Players should no longer play a flinching animation (causing them to briefly lose control of their character) if they are hit by multiple monsters at the same time
Reply Quote
as nod described. You don't know how annoying it was as it used to almost immobilised me when I was in really high density area full of archers/porcupines
Reply Quote
I can definitely notice plague being a lot stronger.

But it might just be me but I feel my damage has been buffed. I'm cutting through elites like butter at MP2 and it usually feels like I'm chopping wood.
Reply Quote
I built my Monk specifically to tank while sitting in molten, desecration, plagued, etc... but it's tough now (MP5 and above) with plagued and either of the other two together - even just plagued alone sometimes. Along with 2.09 APS, I have 1800+ loh, 5.5% life steal, and 760 (buffed) all resist. I feel pretty tanky most of the time but I do struggle with certain packs after the patch. I actually have to run around now...lol. But it just makes me have to pay attention and use my skills more.... I'm cool with the changes. =)

* 1.07 + Arcane + Plagued = the most annoying fight for me.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 12:55 PMPosted by aMorras
Yeah, that first molten-plague-horde pack you run into is a real wake up call.

definitely had a red flash on one of these the other day
Reply Quote
They seem stronger to me as well.

The molten is weaker, but it appears to me that the molten bombs are much stronger.
Reply Quote
Yep, what they said they did, they did. Molten weaker, plagued stronger. I think it was a correct tweak to the game, plagued was a joke pre-.07.

How about the fire in the Keeps? Anyone notice that it no longer has animation and is no longer timed... it seems to be a constant now and still burns you to the ground in seconds.

Edit: for emphasis.
Edited by Opiate#1943 on 2/15/2013 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wouldn't mind if they nerfed the tree poison a bit...wow! lol. There's a quest in A1 Fields of Misery where there is a resplendent chest and you have to fight a bunch of trees (one unique, rare, or whatever it is). When they are dropping poison pods down like mad, it's tough to fight those guys and not get killed while playing my Monk. That's some nasty stuff! lol
Reply Quote
Looks like it's the same here:

http://youtu.be/BynM4TOy29Q
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 2/16/2013 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
How about the fire in the Keeps? Anyone notice that it no longer has animation and is no longer timed... it seems to be a constant now and still burns you to the ground in seconds.

Edit: for emphasis.

I noticed this too, i almost died to that fire because it never showed up coming out of the vents, anyone else having this issue? Havnt seen any threads about it, but ill check again, if i don't, im making one just to know.
Reply Quote
They may have buffed plagued a bit too much considering it doesn't go away until you kill the last of the pack unlike the other traps. They either need to have it on a timer like desecrator or have it so it will go away when you kill the monster that put it down. I've filled up practically an entire area with it kiting a fast-plague-hoard encounter and had to leave the area to survive.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/16/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Larvi
They may have buffed plagued a bit too much considering it doesn't go away until you kill the last of the pack unlike the other traps. They either need to have it on a timer like desecrator or have it so it will go away when you kill the monster that put it down. I've filled up practically an entire area with it kiting a fast-plague-hoard encounter and had to leave the area to survive.

No, get poison resistance, life regen, or or crowd control them in a zone.

What good is it if the affixes don't threaten you?

With your stats, you way ahead of the game in MP0.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 2/16/2013 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 07:33 PMPosted by ActionKungfu

No, get poison resistance, life regen, or or crowd control them in a zone.

What good is it if the affixes don't threaten you?

With your stats, you way ahead of the game in MP0.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood him, but what i think he meant is in comparison to several of the other affixes, Plagued is becoming somewhat overpowering. The only reason Plagued stayed until the entire pack was dead, covered a large area, and stayed for so long, was because of its minimal damage. If you cannot kill a certain pack quickly enough in a small area, you may have to leave just because of the damage, duration, and area it covers so quickly.

By your logic, maybe they should up the damage on Desecrator, Arcane, and Molten. All of which are easily avoidable, mainly because they cover a pretty small area or go away rather quickly. (btw what i mean by small are when referring to Arcane, is all you really have to do is walk through it the opposite direction its moving, and you wont have to worry about that one Arcane drop the rest of it's duration, just to be clear).

I think stepping up the damage on Plagued was a step in the right direction for the certain affix, but I disagree that it should have kept every other attribute.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]