Diablo® III

Lag only in HC?

Hello. First time posting in HC forum. I just love moving from SC to HC...so fun.

Quick question to everyone out there:

Last night, I noticed while I was playing, I started getting 5-7 sec. delays but, only on HC and more specifically, one my main HC character. I can jump into SC and have no problem.

Is this weird or something experienced some times?
Reply Quote
View profile
Likely random, though many tin foil hat-wearers here would have you believe that HC is unfairly afflicted with major lag/DC issues.
Reply Quote
Not only tin foil hats...

last night 2 friends of mine were in a game together both DC'd at the same time and lost thier lvl 60 HC monks.

HC is rife with DC's and lag. but so is SC sometimes.

server stability sucks for the entire game
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Bryanw1995
Likely random, though many tin foil hat-wearers here would have you believe that HC is unfairly afflicted with major lag/DC issues.

Hmm, I tried again this morning and again, SC is fine but my HC character is lagging so bad, I was kicked back to a previous room while clearing an area.

Scary O.O
Reply Quote
I have only experienced lag once and i have a little more than 200 hours logged. I died only once, but it wasn't to lag...just my own stupidity.
Upgrade your internet package or computer. I have a good connection and mediocre computer and this game runs great.
Lots of people say they die to "lag", but I haven't seen one person in any of my games die to that. They all died because they were under geared or stupid. I think a lot of people blame it on the "lag" so they feel better about themselves, but that's just my opinion.
Reply Quote
I have only experienced lag once and i have a little more than 200 hours logged. I died only once, but it wasn't to lag...just my own stupidity.
Upgrade your internet package or computer. I have a good connection and mediocre computer and this game runs great.
Lots of people say they die to "lag", but I haven't seen one person in any of my games die to that. They all died because they were under geared or stupid. I think a lot of people blame it on the "lag" so they feel better about themselves, but that's just my opinion.

I reset my router/modem to see if that helps. But, it's not a PC or ISP upgrade that's needed. I have a pretty high end PC and 40m internet.

Thanks for the input. Hopefully, the reset(s) do the trick.

And just an FYI: When you rubber-band back more than 5-7 seconds to where you were previously, I'm going to take a stab in the dark that it's some kind of latency issue.
Edited by pooperscoopr#1524 on 2/16/2013 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
02/16/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Hawkeye

Luckily, I am beginning to eclipse the DPS for mp2 being fo real danger (need more eHP though before jumping to mp3). The last 12 hours I have been getting BAD latency spikes, 2300+. Now, its not blizzards fault, my modem or isp has been wigging out (it is afflicting website viewing, which is why I know it is not on Blizzard's end). But any of the last two times that happened, I could have died, once the "trigger" (whatever it is). the first time it occurred right after I killed an elite pack with 1 arcane beam. I moved away on my screen, but then SV proc'd because the game still had me next to the beam >>

The other time, luckily, I was helping theHammer doing some quick power level runs on normal.

I honestly believe lag/dcs do account for a healthy percentage of deaths. Also, lag and d/cs are more likely to kill those playing solo than in a group, since in a group people can cover for you,.

Edit: I'll just use myself for example: Causes of death

Lag Spike (inability to move or reliably move): 2 (58. 60(~4)
D/C (100% my issue. chord worked free from wall jack): 1 (12ish)
Stupidity: 2 (60(13), 34)
MP power too high: 1 (54)
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 2/16/2013 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Okay, I'm gonna back track and say this is an ISP issue. I just died in SC because of the same reason.

Oh well, HC is off the table until it gets better :(
Reply Quote
View profile

i only died cuz protoss sucks right now... and my teammate is a noob... and the sun was in my eyes cuz I don't have a pair of gunnar optiks...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]