Diablo® III

Satellite internet & Hardcore

Yesterday I acquired this terrible idea that I might be able to survive hardcore. So I made a barbarian rolled through normal mp10 1st and 2nd act with 700+ ping. It seemed like it wasn't too bad. Cleared up to cydea and went down to azmodan. noticed an elite succubus pack got into the pack then my game client froze as i seen a 2nd pack of elite spiders. I thought with 8000 hp and 3000 armor i could with stand all this on my barb at level 33, but Im guessing the succubus with the 50% armor loss was enough to shred me with 2 packs. Im not sure how long u stand there when u dc i was hoping only 10 seconds but regardless 14hrs for my barb is gone. Wasn't a bad run all things considering. Wondering if barb is still a good idea or switching classes, wd might be better if i face consistent d/cs the pets might buy me enough time and they aren't affected by my 700 ping.
Reply Quote
Here some advice.. move to city that is located south of your current location and then you dont have to worry about your satellite net.
Reply Quote
This story is almost identical to what happened to me last night, except there were no monsters on screen when I lost connection, and I have cable internet. I would like to know if there is anything that a player can do, but I dont think so. My ping is always less than 300.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]