Diablo® III

chandoto wand

whic one is better ias / socket?
Reply Quote
both are nice but you have to break it down; do you need more aspd or damage?

a lot of people have been using open socket for more damage coz they got the attack speed covered elsewhere (rings/ammy/pants/helm/armor/source/gloves/bracer/etc)

while others haven't and rely on ias wand.
Reply Quote
still wasnt sure, whicone one is get more dps? socket 1000k damage,(inser green gems) or 1200, with speed 1.7+ ?
Reply Quote
hands down, the socket will give you way more damage due to cd damage while the ias won't but will get you to breakpoint, which in turn will make you proc more and trigger damage multipliers more.

at the moment, it depends on your budget, if i were you, i'd get both but of course only budget willing
Reply Quote
well.. chantodo only have 1 add to magic props, so you must pick one... budget just about 30 mil
Reply Quote
have aspd covered, go with os
if not and wanting breakpoint, ias wand
Reply Quote
I'd go with Ias as long as its 10% and gets you to 1.78 aps. Then you only need gear that adds 6% Ias to get you to 2.74 breakpoint. You can focus on more crit damage cc and intel to boost dps instead of trying to get 9% Ias on 6 other pieces.

Only reason to do socket in my opinion is if you have a 4.5 cc mempo or higher, a 500+ loh ammy, and a apoc chants force... All of which are significantly more expensive.

Last option is to do open socket with Ina's temperance and loose a ton of ehp and magic find in my case.

Overall I like high Ias the best.
Reply Quote
MUCH easier to build up your wiz with a 1.78/1.79 IAS wand.
Reply Quote
If you're the rmah type and can build your wiz overnight go open socket. If you're going to progressively build up your wiz start with ias since its more affordable and then eventually when you're ready replace it with an os wand. I still think os is bis for cm wizards( other than cd open socket life steal daggers)
Reply Quote
IAS to start.

OS when have money.
Reply Quote
critical hit damage is needed on that wep for it to be any good so the socketed one, they usually cost a pretty penny tho.
Reply Quote
IAS lets you avoid 'bad gear' making up for 110 CD any day. Its 2 IAS slots at 1.78 1.79

'Bad Gear' examples

Lacunis -DPS killer
Inna's -EHP killer
Apoc Force - DPS/EHP killer
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
I totally agree with Boozor.....IAS now, OS when you have gold.

Go IAS first....build up your gear (armor, all res) and get to 2.73 (IAS, CC). Once you're rocking and rolling youll have a better idea of what IAS items you'll have to add once you move to an OS Will.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:45 AMPosted by Outrage420
critical hit damage is needed on that wep for it to be any good so the socketed one, they usually cost a pretty penny tho.

Wrong on the first.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 07:19 AMPosted by Ossian
Wrong on the first.

Just give up explaining haha.

I have given up many moons ago for Mempo/SC as well.
Reply Quote
I was just going to create a thread about the chants wand but i'll just ask here.

Boozer/Piehole - Am I ready for my OS chats wand? My sheet IAS is 2.786.
Reply Quote
Comrade has some points, and his gear set is pretty impressive for a IAS user.

Should take that in consideration for IAS users to use as a guide.

I was just going to create a thread about the chants wand but i'll just ask here.

Boozer/Piehole - Am I ready for my OS chats wand? My sheet IAS is 2.786.

Problem is that most likely you will need OS wand + APOC force + mempo @ the same time.

Using a OS wand to replace your IAS wand you'll fall below break point and things will just feel gimped at that point onward. If you replace SC for mempo, you'll have 10 APOC. Again gimped.

Apoc force would be the easiest to transition to first, but then again your only gaining APOC which you may or may not need, and probably lose DPS compared to your non-apoc one.

So ideally you get all 3 at once to ease the transition.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Boozor
So ideally you get all 3 at once to ease the transition.

Yeh, that's an expensive upgrade those 3 =( Unfortunately I can't even go that route yet as my SC is the only thing right now giving me LOH.

I have a pretty nice HF ring in my stash that has 6% IAS and 5.5 CHC. I am not using it because the dmg from my equipped HF is more beneficial for solo farming right now.

If I threw on that HF i'd get 6% more IAS. At 2.786 + 6% more would I be able to go the OS chants route and still meet the breakpoint?
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 08:05 AMPosted by pensfan080
Yeh, that's an expensive upgrade those 3

Its a side grade =)
Reply Quote
View profile
Both. Nice to have options.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]