Diablo® III

Quit QQing - the AH is no different from D2 trading

Haha what a noob, run act1 to 5 will give u upgrade or 2 ? U cant be serious.
Gold in d2 was pointless, only needed for repair and buying scrolls in low lvl. Agree that instead of sojs or hr we have gold as currency. Stop qqing and get over it
Reply Quote
"the AH is no different from D2 trading"

how could I read one word of a post that begins with such a sickeningly flawed premise?

Even tho I know you are trying to come off "pro-AH"...

It's world's different. (Hint: the "automation" of being able to put your sell/browse wares in a market of 1000s of ppl instead of 10s of ppl.)

L2 rhetoric.
Reply Quote
It's world's different. (Hint: the "automation" of being able to put your sell/browse wares in a market of 1000s of ppl instead of 10s of ppl.)

Which only adds liquidity. The system itself is no different. Stop being pedantic
Reply Quote
It sounds more like using Rubies or Emeralds as the currency instead of gold. I don't see people using those are currency yet.

*What* people are using as currency is irrelevant. Besides, the currency of choice in D2 was transient and was not regulated by game design. It could well have been gold, but the community went other directions with it.

However, in D2, a player could farm for their own gear and actually have that progression last for quite some time while regularly finding useful items.

Random numbers are random - I get it. I fail to see the difference. You don't feel like you get as many useful items in D3 and your beef is with the itemization. This is not the topic at hand here.
Reply Quote
"the AH is no different from D2 trading"

how could I read one word of a post that begins with such a sickeningly flawed premise?

Even tho I know you are trying to come off "pro-AH"...

L2 rhetoric.

Thanks for making my point for me, bro.
Reply Quote
It's a little different.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:07 PMPosted by Socrates
It's a little different.

So-crates! /Bill and Ted's Excellent Forum Post
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 11:04 AMPosted by Deaded
but the auction house is nothing like person to person trading, where you can negotiate the price

So you prefer Craigslist to Ebay - that's fine, but the market dictates the price and always has.

allow players to post an ISO and the amount they are willing to pay, and watch how much the market changes

i am not sure many on here understand the difference between a AH and a trade forum
Reply Quote
AH is not trading. Not even close.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Otis

Care to elaborate, Otis?
Reply Quote

allow players to post an ISO and the amount they are willing to pay, and watch how much the market changes

i am not sure many on here understand the difference between a AH and a trade forum

The market would not change whatsoever. The free market is still dictated by supply and demand.

We understand the difference between AH and a trade forum. The latter is archaic and inefficient.

not to argue with you man.....but really?
allow players to post a price they are willing to pay and watch how many undercut each other
real life business has always been that way
and yes in real life i am a purchasing agent
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Zyron
Most of us have made peace w/ how terrible this game is

Last updated on Feb 17, 2013 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:36 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Otis needs to drop this silly nonsensical AH/"greed" crusade.

I bet Milo put him up to it. /The Misguided Adventures of Milo and Otis
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Deaded

Care to elaborate, Otis?

It's a rip off emporium set up to cater to botters, flippers and vendors out to jack up prices as high as possible to rip off any and all comers for as much gold (real $) as possible.

Trading involves a relationship between two entities looking to help each other out by mutually accepting a fair exchange.

The AH is a degenerate's wet dream.
Reply Quote
allow players to post a price they are willing to pay and watch how many undercut each other
real life business has always been that way
and yes in real life i am a purchasing agent

The more I read this, the less sense it makes to me.

Sellers undercut the AH all the time. Shoot, I do it - if we want something sold fast, we undercut each other instead of setting what we think is a fair price and riding out the volatility in the market until it sells.

People can already bid on items if they want to - and only go as high as they're willing to go, or be driven higher by other buyers.

Sounds like you prefer Priceline to Ebay... and that's fine, but this reverse bidding business doesn't seem necessary or practical... and it's kind of a diversion from the topic itself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]