Diablo® III

Quit QQing - the AH is no different from D2 trading

Otis how the hell do you expect us to trade items if we abolished AH then??
If you abolish trade then this genre of gaming turns into a mind boggling grindfest.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 01:51 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Deaded, I warned you didn't I?

Why didn't I listen? WHY?!?
Reply Quote
How would I hurt myself?

AH = bad for the youth of today.
Reply Quote
If you abolish trade then this genre of gaming turns into a mind boggling grindfest.

I do not in any way want to abolish trade! I'd like to see another more social way of doing it. A less 'Item emporium' way.

A fellow posted an interesting idea the other day. Wish I could remember the title of the thread. (I'm old, and my memory flounders occasionally)
Reply Quote
Otis do you work for a living or are you a student?

At a wild guess i'd say your a student.
Reply Quote
Seriously, though - back to reality.

The point of this thread is that the AH and item trading are really no different. We're not trying to figure out ways to improve the game, this isn't a thread begging for blue attention. I just wanted to straighten out some people's perception of the differences (and the lack thereof) between D2 and D3 in regard to the exchange of goods.
Edited by Deaded#1753 on 2/18/2013 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Will you guys pretty please stop conversing with Otis? You can't reason with the unreasonable. This thread will end up as another 26 pages of his anti-AH/greed drivel.

Poking fun of him is a whole other story though :P Just enjoy him for the comedy gold that he is.

Whoop. Letting a small bit of light in to begin with will lead to more and more. Eventually, you will shine from the inside, allowing the others around you to also experience light.

You're an intelligent person. People like to follow intelligent people. It's important that you shine for them.
Reply Quote

either way he's proof of the failed educational system.

That was not very nice, sir. If I hurt you previously, I'm sorry and will try to redeem myself.

Be well
Reply Quote

I do not in any way want to abolish trade! I'd like to see another more social way of doing it. A less 'Item emporium' way.

A fellow posted an interesting idea the other day. Wish I could remember the title of the thread. (I'm old, and my memory flounders occasionally)

For me and many D2 players the idea of GAH and RMAH is perfect. It gives people more time (if they so wish) to spend playing the game and spend the least amount of time possible trading. For me though this has just changed to spending time watching the economy unfold for the last few months.
Reply Quote

Flooring contractor. Just a joe blow, grinding my knees & life away.
Reply Quote
well, quality of drops / drop rates had to be adjusted because of the AH.
some of us enjoy finding gear ye know?
Reply Quote

For me and many D2 players the idea of GAH and RMAH is perfect. It gives people more time (if they so wish) to spend playing the game and spend the least amount of time possible trading. For me though this has just changed to spending time watching the economy unfold for the last few months.

I understand. I'd just like to see another way of doing it is all. Something that takes aspects of the existing AH and blends them with a more traditional approach? I dunno.
Reply Quote
@ QED this is the topic post I was referring to.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7924333361#1
Reply Quote
I love how this discussion brings out the hate for botters and flippers.

Botters I can see, bunch of cheaters who deserve to be tarred and feathered.

however, flipping is the basis for the RL economy and a lot of D3...buy (or make or find) low sell high
Reply Quote
I love how this discussion brings out the hate for botters and flippers.

Botters I can see, bunch of cheaters who deserve to be tarred and feathered.

however, flipping is the basis for the RL economy and a lot of D3...buy (or make or find) low sell high

I don't care if people want to flip gear, honestly - I don't see anything wrong with it. If you want to spend your in game time working the AH instead of killing monsters, that's fine.

I also don't see it hurting the economy. Prices are still dictated by the market - if you set em too high when you try to resell, people won't buy it. If you set the price too low, another flipper will pop in and snatch your item up to resell it themselves.
Edited by Deaded#1753 on 2/18/2013 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]