Diablo® III

Do I need Ammy, Shoudlers or hellfire more?

Hi,

I am enjoying farming and crafting. its better than just grinding for legendaries, +1 blizzard, +1.

I am wondering what i should focus on crafting, and if i should go for a new hell fire ring.

I absolutely LOVE every stat on my shoulders, but would love to get that low strength to the 230 mark.

Ammy, i think its a no brainer i could use a better ammy ya?
Reply Quote
The hellfire ring is the worst of the 3 imo.

Ammy needs work, but that hellfire is pretty blah.

Don't think there really is a wrong answer...as long as you are working towards something.
Reply Quote
This is what I usually do.

1. Do a normal farm route + kw. (keys + DE)
2. Make ammy if i get a trash legendary (Ammy)
3. Make hellfire ring after ubers. Brimstone ring if crap. (Ammy)
4. Make shoulders when I feel lucky or when I make a small sale to pay for the 75k loss.

That way I will never go bankrupt from crafting and it will also prevent me from crafting addiction.
Reply Quote
View profile
Honestly, I just stopped using my hellfire ring after the patch. It had almost identical stats to yours. I only farm on high MPs now that it's not a huge xp loss to do so, and my SOJ actually ended up meaning faster clears and more xp/hr than wearing a hellfire ring.

I'd say save up some DEs and then craft a bunch of VIT shoulders.
Reply Quote
Honestly, I just stopped using my hellfire ring after the patch. It had almost identical stats to yours. I only farm on high MPs now that it's not a huge xp loss to do so, and my SOJ actually ended up meaning faster clears and more xp/hr than wearing a hellfire ring.

I'd say save up some DEs and then craft a bunch of VIT shoulders.

You also have quite a few paragon / hours on me, i am guessing that 28 level difference is a good 20 hours or more of playing time? At what level should i take the ring off?
Reply Quote
This is what I usually do.

1. Do a normal farm route + kw. (keys + DE)
2. Make ammy if i get a trash legendary (Ammy)
3. Make hellfire ring after ubers. Brimstone ring if crap. (Ammy)
4. Make shoulders when I feel lucky or when I make a small sale to pay for the 75k loss.

That way I will never go bankrupt from crafting and it will also prevent me from crafting addiction.

Dude, nice strategy. I had no idea you could salvage hellfires, i have like a dozen crappy ones just hanging out, kicking back being useless. Im going to steal this route! Thanks for the help bud!
Reply Quote

Couldn't agree more, i already stop using/crafting HF rings and still have around 7-8 sets of organs to craft, the other BoA gears now are the way to go. Craft maybe 5-10 shoulders before playing, farm/save some gold, collect essences, salvage crappy legs/sets, rinse and repeat.

Upping the mp when farming just make plevel faster... gonna reach a milestone this week :(.
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 2/20/2013 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]