Diablo® III

Official Petition 2 make Haunt/Rend Dodgeable

sign here
Reply Quote
Make Impale - Chemical Burn (the bleed effect), Exploding Palm, and other bleed effects dodgeable too. I think right now this is the center of the metagame and if Blizzard wants build diversity for PVP, they need to nerf the obviously strong abilities to the level of all others.
Reply Quote
the whole point of the dots is to counter dodge. how else would any dot be worth using over something like 1200 instant weapon dmg from wave of light.

If your having trouble with dots I can advice you to stack vit, %life, Life regen, armor, and all res on your gear. You wont even notice when you are hit with any dot.

I do think though that one of the wizards skills should be changed to a dot though to help with balance
Reply Quote
the whole point of the dots is to counter dodge. how else would any dot be worth using over something like 1200 instant weapon dmg from wave of light.

If your having trouble with dots I can advice you to stack vit, %life, Life regen, armor, and all res on your gear. You wont even notice when you are hit with any dot.

I do think though that one of the wizards skills should be changed to a dot though to help with balance

While I partially agree, the problem with allowing only a small fraction of abilities (1 for each class except wizard) the ability to bypass dodge and block is that it forces those abilities into EVERY build. This essentially limits diversity as everyone has one move they need to avoid. This is very much the case for me, WD without Haunt have very little chance against a DH, same with Barb without Rend, same with DH without Impale - Chemical Burn.

These abilities are required to play competitively and thus chokes and stagnates the PVP metagame.

Here is my list of abilities that classes always (or almost always) need to be viable in PVP:

Barbarian:
Rend
Sprint
War Cry
Inspiring Presence

Demon Hunter:
Smoke Screen
Preparation
Impale
Tactical Advantage

Monk:
Serenity
Wave of Light
Seven Sided Strike
Near Death Experience

Witch Doctor:
Spirit Walk
Haunt
Zombie Dogs
Spirit Vessel

Wizard:
Storm Armor
Teleport
Mirror Images
Unstable Anomaly

While this does allow for some freedom in choosing the rest of the abilities, this severely hampers the main strategy (which is to use the skills mentioned above and only use other abilities to support them).
Reply Quote
There's always going to be optimal strategies no matter what changes they make, there will be no such thing as build diversity at end gear.

so doing this accomplishes nothing, if anything it'll be broken vs dex characters who now will stack the f out of dodge/dps instead of balancing.

Leave the game the way it is, lots of GOOD players are still gearing up and the scene will change, more specs/builds will come out.

everyone too busy farming

Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 2/26/2013 5:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
iria I very much disagree with you on this list. the only skills you listed here that I see as being core to any build are sprint, smoke screen, serenity, spirit walk, mirror image. The rest are simply solid pvp skills that are currently popular.

wd can most certainly play viably against dh without haunt. barb is very viable without rend. using zombie dogs against certain opponents is a big mistake. I can go on and on.

Imo the most needed changes to pvp currently are selective buffs to a few of the wizard skills. something along the lines of the defensive capabilities of slow, and the travel speed of attacks like arcane orb.

other changes I think would be good for pvp are a dmg nerf to wave of light, seven sided strike and wotb insanity. as with certain gearing set ups they are currently nullifying the maximum deffencive capabilities possible.

I would also Like to see cc immunity removed from wotb and instead a cc breaker added to a shorter cooldown skill such as ignore pain or war cry.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 2/21/2013 2:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Absolutely not! Look at any other successful PvP in a RPG and you'll see that DOTs are not dodgeable.
Edited by mavericK#1718 on 2/21/2013 5:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Quit your whining people. They don't care about your petition, they will not make dots dodge able, they are, as was stated, the counter to dodge. Working as intended, if you have a problem, dont brawl against a class that uses them. Pvp is not going to be balanced, you're lucky they gave the 30% damage reduction to ranges classes. Find something else to cry about.
Reply Quote
Also, regen. There are plenty of barbs that can counter my WD even though I dont have much gear for pvp at the moment, but I'm also not whining about balance and pvp rewards because blizz already said there will not be rewards or balance. Maybe in their TDM arenas of they ever add this feature but until then please stop your incessant whining people.
Reply Quote
People are just really sad that their high end monks and wizards are getting owned by rend.
and monks just want to be able to dodge everything xD
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 02:18 AMPosted by ChuckNorris
wd can most certainly play viably against dh without haunt. barb is very viable without rend.

I 100% disagree with this statement.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Iria
wd can most certainly play viably against dh without haunt. barb is very viable without rend.

+1. Haunt is the most OP skill used in PVP. 99% uses haunt and the 1% is because they don't know about it yet. Without haunt, WD's wouldn't be the OP of PVP. Without rend nobody would be scared of barbs.
Reply Quote

wd can most certainly play viably against dh without haunt

lol'd, we all know that's not true

I would also Like to see cc immunity removed from wotb and instead a cc breaker added to a shorter cooldown skill such as ignore pain or war cry.

but this is true, dont need to remove cc break from wotb, just add it to ignore pain
Reply Quote
Would be nice if Vault could break CC (aside from Jailer affix). Then we wouldn't have to worry about Frozen affix enemies without smokescreen!
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Iria

Iria ill be happy to play you and show you the wd part of that statement
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Iria
Would be nice if Vault could break CC (aside from Jailer affix). Then we wouldn't have to worry about Frozen affix enemies without smokescreen!

lol so you already have by the best cc breaker in the game and your not satisfied.... hmmm
Reply Quote
I think this thread is getting filled with a lot of dh bias now. the game plays quite different for every class I think we can agree on that much.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 03:01 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
I think this thread is getting filled with a lot of dh bias now. the game plays quite different for every class I think we can agree on that much.

if DOT can be dodged, dex classes will rule the PvP scene.

02/20/2013 10:30 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
how else would any dot be worth using over something like 1200 instant weapon dmg from wave of light.

this is why monks uses wave of light over exploding palm in most cases. Also, keep in mind that 1200 instant damage can be dodged, uses 50% of the resources. And the better haunt rune uses ~15% of resources for 380% weapon damage - cannot be dodged.

02/21/2013 02:08 AMPosted by MannerCookie
Leave the game the way it is, lots of GOOD players are still gearing up and the scene will change, more specs/builds will come out.

I do agree with mannercookie that the brawling scene is still early and barring an official/ easier matchmaking system.... we cannot know which class truly stands at the top. however, it is pretty prevalent that DOT skills will rule vs. dex classes if mechanic remains unchanged.
Reply Quote
My vault comment was not meant to sound like we needed a buff but rather I would like to see an alternative option to smokescreen. In PVP vault could be viable as a substitute if it provided invincibility for the few (<10) frames of the vault and provided CC breaking.

Next, your WD is awesome and would likely still trash my DH because I simply don't have the DPS and EHP to compete with you even without haunt. You should try your haunt-less strategy against an evenly (or at least closer) geared DH like REVRAC, Beast, BLKDRGN, MysticaL, Cyon, Myon, and any other -yon I don't know about.

Lastly, I didn't mean to derail the topic so much with my Vault comment. I still think DoT abilities should be adjusted in some way however as to make DEX as viable as STR and INT in terms of damage mitigation. As it stands right now, in my opinion of course, the metagame is becoming very stale with everyone using 80% (estimate) of the same skills for their class in every PVP game. There just isn't too much variation on viable tactics at this time.

I also don't wish to sound disrespectful, so if I angered you with my comments, I apologize.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Iria
I still think DoT abilities should be adjusted in some way however as to make DEX as viable as STR and INT in terms of damage mitigation.

Iria, well said. The problem with DoT abilities is that it cuts right through the dex character's main stat, rendering our main stat bonus utterly useless.

Every class can stack life, life%, regen, armor, and AR.

If monk's EP has even the same range as rend... you will see monks use EP in their build too.!!
Edited by dracolich#1732 on 2/21/2013 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]