Diablo® III

Crafting is Still Broken....

While I welcomed the changes that occured in 1.0.7 this new crafting "improvement" was an obviously nothing but a lazily thrown together "carrot on a stick". Basically here ya go a few recipes and a new essence to go fetch while all in all crafting in and of itself remains useless.

Aside from the new recipes virtually everything else remains pointless to craft. None of the new recipes aside from a couple require any of the other crafting materials that were already in the game. So there is still no reason to salvage the rares you find.

It would have been nice to have a revamped crafting system. Something that gave you a reason to craft the recipes you already had. Something that would put those other essences, and not just the demonic essences to good use. Maybe certain recipes with scarce drop rates that gave us an option to add Attack Speed or Crit Dmg to a slot which could not normally roll that particular attribute.

This was just a lazy patch in my opinion. Most of the "fixes" that came with this patch should have been in the game from the beginning anyways. Such as the ability to retain NV stacks while switching acts. Or MP in the public games. And yes i know MP was not released with the game.
Reply Quote

Aside from the new recipes virtually everything else remains pointless to craft. None of the new recipes aside from a couple require any of the other crafting materials that were already in the game. So there is still no reason to salvage the rares you find.

Uh the new recipes use the infernal crafting materials
Reply Quote
What infernal crafting materials? They don't use organs or any of the crafting material salvaged from rares. I believe only the Amulet uses tears.
Reply Quote
So they implement new awesome recipes and you still say crafting is broken?

Give them a break for god sakes. They are trying, and this was an awesome start.
Reply Quote
Depending on piece, you have to use each type of material.
Reply Quote

Uh the new recipes use the infernal crafting materials

this guy should read the patch notes lol
Reply Quote
Broken? Say that to my awesome shoulders and gloves.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
I think what the OP is trying to say is that while the new recipes are indeed quite nice, it would have been a gesture of goodwill by the devs to reduce the costs on the other recipes so that they were worth crafting as well for starter inferno gear. As it stands, the Exalted Grand tier recipes actually cost more to craft than the Archon recipes which overshadow all others.

For what it's worth, it isn't so much that the crafting system itself is broken, but instead the developers themselves that aren't doing enough to make everything come together as a cohesive unit.

02/14/2013 05:13 AMPosted by Asadian
What infernal crafting materials? They don't use organs or any of the crafting material salvaged from rares. I believe only the Amulet uses tears.

The amulets use Iridescent Tears, and the other recipes use Tomes of Secrets and/or Exquisite Essences. Depending on what you craft, you will use at least one Inferno level crafting material in addition to the Demonic Essence. The fact that each set of recipes uses different materials helps ensure that the supply is lowered overall while still giving players enough wiggle room to craft what they want, since not all recipes are competing for the exact same resource.

Edited by TheTias#1192 on 2/14/2013 5:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's a nice start though.

The crafting is not "useless", many players who could never afford to get these items are now open to an opportunity to get them, set back being only BoA.

I think OP is just sour that he could not craft an upgrade, judging by the items on his profile. Allowing players to choose an option like you mentioned would screw the item economy up badly.
Edited by fathom#6674 on 2/14/2013 5:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
I love crafting!

Finally got a good boost on my monk! 65k to 81k DPS in just a few crafts.
Reply Quote
View profile
I beg to differ - I've only just started crafting w/ the new recipes and already I crafted gloves that were superior to what I had. I fully expect to upgrade my gloves further as well as my bracers and possibly shoulders / amulet using these new recipes.

I think the new recipes are great. Guaranteed high main stat + 5 affixes. Unless your super geared you can get good gear pretty quickly with these recipes.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 05:30 AMPosted by venveng

Awesome? I see you only think damage. This game reinforces way to much one directional thinking.

I agree.. still broken...
Reply Quote
You know to me crafting is only worth it to two sets of people.. Those who have such lousy gear that any item would be an upgrade and those with billions of gold that can afford to craft for a perfect roll. IF your the other 90% of the people inbetween I don't see it happening.

I'll craft a few things.. but spending gold and mats with little guarantee and no possible in in sight is not my idea of crafting. IF they wanted a gold sink for the top people then should have just let them roll perfect paid for rolls for a billion or two each not this random stuff.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 06:29 AMPosted by AxeLord

Awesome? I see you only think damage. This game reinforces way to much one directional thinking.

One With Everything
do you know what that is? Guy is a Fire Resist monk and his gloves have Fire Resist on them...

Good god man he even has Fire Resist on his Hell Fire ring...

You should really learn to read or at least choose a better target when you are blindly hating...
Reply Quote
The new increased drop rates for plans might be a decent boost to the HC community.
Reply Quote
What do you mean broken? I find materials, I use them to craft awesome items. Seems like its working fine.
Reply Quote
While I welcomed the changes that occured in 1.0.7 this new crafting "improvement" was an obviously nothing but a lazily thrown together "carrot on a stick". Basically here ya go a few recipes and a new essence to go fetch while all in all crafting in and of itself remains useless.

It would have been nice to have a revamped crafting system. Something that gave you a reason to craft the recipes you already had. Something that would put those other essences, and not just the demonic essences to good use. Maybe certain recipes with scarce drop rates that gave us an option to add Attack Speed or Crit Dmg to a slot which could not normally roll that particular attribute.

This was just a lazy patch in my opinion. Most of the "fixes" that came with this patch should have been in the game from the beginning anyways. Such as the ability to retain NV stacks while switching acts. Or MP in the public games. And yes i know MP was not released with the game.

You need to realize that you are in the minority here. Either you purchased power or you have actually farmed enough to get good gear. Either way there are more people like myself playing that didn't use the AH and don't play 4-6 hours a day that the crafting fits perfect as just one more carrot to chase.

I can remember in D2 after about 8 years I had made over 36 unique characters and geared most of them with "BIS" Really the only things worth chasing for me were gambling for +2 Skills rare amulets, gambling for rare Druid Helms and farming for better torches and Skill Charms. The key was there were multiple carrots. They are not going to give you all the carrots at once. They want people to keep playing not blaze through all the content at once. Unfortunately some people will and they will be done and have to wait for more patches and expansions. However there are more people that play at a consistent speed and continous throughout the games lifespan. i.e. Me and many others. I know people that play even less than me.
Reply Quote
You know to me crafting is only worth it to two sets of people.. Those who have such lousy gear that any item would be an upgrade and those with billions of gold that can afford to craft for a perfect roll. IF your the other 90% of the people inbetween I don't see it happening.

I'll craft a few things.. but spending gold and mats with little guarantee and no possible in in sight is not my idea of crafting. IF they wanted a gold sink for the top people then should have just let them roll perfect paid for rolls for a billion or two each not this random stuff.

There are alot less people that are in between than you think. Out of 20 friends I have on my list only 2 of them are those in between people. that's 10%. I would wager that's a similar figure for everyone. Blizzard can see the stats and % of what people wear. Unfortunately we cannot.
Reply Quote

One With Everything
do you know what that is? Guy is a Fire Resist monk and his gloves have Fire Resist on them...

Good god man he even has Fire Resist on his Hell Fire ring...

You should really learn to read or at least choose a better target when you are blindly hating...

Since his shoulders on his monk are vile wards they are not crafted and hence it does not even appear he is talking about his monk. I'll give you that the gloves are. I had to look 6 characters down before I found one with crafted shoulders cause everyone else was wearing VW's.

Don't assume what you think I am assuming,
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 2/15/2013 5:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
I crafted me some new gloves, found the recipe myself. It was a fun experience to do the whole thing on my own without AH use. The gloves I crafted replaced some gloves that I bought for 25m a while back... Theyre not epic godly or nothing but hey it was an easily obtained all-around upgrade, all without AH. Look at them, there is still room for so much improvement also. (I only crafted about 8 gloves).

One thing I notice about these crafts is that most of the time the values are on the high end, even the random ones.

Already seen a lot of people post epic amulets and shoulders.

Also Im interested in crafting a whole set of vitality items for my alt barb since I dont feel like investing hundreds of millions into him. Its pretty awesome Imo. I salvage every rare I see and use every tear to craft, so every rare is now worth looting imo. It might not last forever but for now its really fun.
Edited by Camisto#1172 on 2/15/2013 6:00 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]