Diablo® III

Explain to me why everyone is complaining

How is this game different from D2? It's got zombies, there's morbid crap all over the place, and loads and loads of worthless items you have to sort through before finding something that doesn't suck.
Is it how the ability to trade items in a meaningful way destroyed our lack of player economy?
Is it the more graduated quality of gear between total !@#$ and god mode?
Do you miss your black guy paladin?
Is it a case of this? I think it's just this, but if you can enlighten me as to why it is not this, I would be grateful and outraged about whatever it is.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase

EDIT: "it's bad because it's bad" isn't a reason
Edited by PaniponiX#1417 on 2/18/2013 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
stat points/Skill points = cut instead of trying to make it more compelling(decent arguments for and against BUT I prefer to have more decision making in how my character builds up)
PvP = Cut, still not here EDIT: Now released as brawling....
Elemental damage/immunities = removed
Varied quest rewards = cut, only xp and gold after all this time?
Inferior bnet/chat channels
Single player = cut
Mystic = cut
Death animations = cut
Socketing = cut/only 1 socket at times
Imbue = cut
Crafting = !@#$ty
Item affixes = better than release but still not up to par(remember trang ouls etc?)
Skulls/diamonds/saphires = cut
Charms/Jewels/runes = cut
Runewords = cut
Monster variation similar to LoD after 1.10 = cut, (13 different colors of fallens to fight now!)
Many skills = %^-*ty at release and are currently still !@#$ty, not even close to "tons" of viable builds
Skill "runes" = bad for most part (I actually feel like d2 had more skills that you could use if you had the right items)
Only 10 character slots if you don't want to pay another $60(can only play 1 of each class if you want to have 1 of each for softcore and hardcore)
Stash space = "bigger" than d2, yet still less space to collect due to having not enough characters/tabs and having to spend more $ to buy an extra account for more space.
Story = worse in my opinion
Waypoints = practically worthless to have now
Game isn't open world, can't clear the entire game in whatever order I wish without completely restarting where I'm at.
ladder = gone

The following video shows several more things that were also removed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvThjiE038

Sad part is, it took me about 5 minutes to come up with all that off the top off my head. I'm sure there's many things people could add to that list.

Diablo 3 improved in only 2 areas. Graphics do look better(although I prefer a darker/gothic look rather than what we got) and the combat certainly feels smoother.

TLDR: D3 is a turd with potential.
Reply Quote

Diablo 3 improved in only 2 areas. Graphics do look better(although I prefer a darker/gothic look rather than what we got) and the combat certainly feels smoother.

And degraded the other parts. :)
Reply Quote
I suppose I could add autogold pickup, easy trading on AH(not getting into if they designed around it or not), and removal of stamina to improvements.
Reply Quote
They have fond memories of childhood... All video games seemed more fun back then, because they were young and it was all fresh. They played D2 for a decade, (very similar game to this one), then they played Diablo clones for another five years.. then they played the beta for 2000 hours.. then they put in 3000 hours in this game, and now they are 'bored' and it's the fault of the game.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 10:00 AMPosted by pixelrage
They have fond memories of childhood... All video games seemed more fun back then, because they were young and it was all fresh. They played D2 for a decade, (very similar game to this one), then they played Diablo clones for another five years.. then they played the beta for 2000 hours.. then they put in 3000 hours in this game, and now they are 'bored' and it's the fault of the game.

It's not that I am bored with ARPGs. I still like playing TL2 and PoE. It's just D3 that isn't fun. I also really enjoyed the lore and storytelling of D2 so I'm particularly disappointed that the story for D3 was so abysmal.
Reply Quote
There are a lot of people that are "seeing the forest for the trees" in this game. They look at only what they like about it and fail to look at the overall picture. When they reduce their only interest in a game to one area they are likely to be very let down when a change affects it in a way they deem undesirable.
Edited by googoogaga#1998 on 2/18/2013 10:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 10:07 AMPosted by steveman0
It's just D3 that isn't fun.

The proper way to word this would be:

It's just that I don't have fun with D3.

There's nothing wrong with not liking a game just as there's nothing wrong with liking a game. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.
Edited by Frostspark#1417 on 2/18/2013 10:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Not enough viable builds/some skills terrible
story made not sense with Zoltan Khul killing him for no reason

Agree with these, everything else was just "game is bad coz its bad" or "minor feature noone used removed".
Reply Quote
The story is just meh to me as it was in D2. Lets be honest with ourselves here, you didn't watch the story in D2 more than once and even then it was just as cliche as it is in D3. As far as few viable builds define viable. If you mean towards efficiency then yea there are few builds, if you mean just beating the game then there more than just a few builds that work.
Reply Quote
Just remember that D3 is about Loot. Borderlands is about Loot. Elder Scrolls is about loot. Kill, Loot, Repeat. These games start to lose their appeal after time. D3 and D2 and D1 are no different. There just isnt enough actual original game content here for there to keep pumping sequel after sequel, unless you ok with the new sequel only being differnt than the older version in regard to graphics, setting, and art. If you want more than design a whole new game. For what it is, a LOOTER, D3 is great. Come to terms with it and have fun, or find a new genre. end of story.
Reply Quote
d3 is bad because all the devs do is listen to the community that doesn't know what they want.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:49 AMPosted by PaniponiX
EDIT: "it's bad because it's bad" isn't a reason

how about "it's bad cuz YOU don't get why it's bad"?

that's what i'm going with.

IDENTIFY ALL!
Reply Quote
The complaints have NOTHING to do with D2 or D3 features. There will be complains no matter what. The reason is simple. Life is a struggle, we are meant for struggling. But once we don't worry about what we are going to eat or where we are going to sleep safely, it is only natural that we feel the need to create our own struggle. That's why everyone is complaining, people who complain are bored to death by D3 after playing hundreds or thousands of hours but since it is their main activity in life, they have to make up problems about the game in their mind until they hate the game, complaining helps them satisfy their need for struggle.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Flammy
The complaints have NOTHING to do with D2 or D3 features.

Deny deny deny!

There will be complains no matter what. The reason is simple. Life is a struggle, we are meant for struggling.

There will be good and evil no matter what. The reason is simple. There is both good and evil in us all, therefore we should embrace evil as well as good, because there is only black and white and since they are two ends of the same spectrum, they are the same and actually there only is one.

Right??
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 2/18/2013 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
D3 is greater than D2 in just about every way. However, when you spend the majority of your adult life playing D2 in your moms basement, you get used to things being a certain way.

Anything new confuses them. Logging in confuses them, the Auction house confuses them, Paragon leveling confuses them, monster power confuses them, having their stats automatically update confuses them, the inability to stack 80 skill points in one skill and it's synergies confuses them, the ability to change your build without have to re-roll confuses them, gear having an impact on their skills confuses them, crafting confuses them, NV confuses them, mixing more than 2 skills together in a build confuses them, loot seperation with other players confuses them, players enjoying D3 confuses them, reading this post confuses them...basically they are confused, their whole world has been altered and this new world looks so good they can't go back to their old world, causing mass rage.
Reply Quote
I see, so the primary reason is
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks
Edited by PaniponiX#1417 on 2/18/2013 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
D3 is greater than D2 in just about every way. However, when you spend the majority of your adult life playing D2 in your moms basement, you get used to things being a certain way.

Anything new confuses them. Logging in confuses them, the Auction house confuses them, Paragon leveling confuses them, monster power confuses them, having their stats automatically update confuses them, the inability to stack 80 skill points in one skill and it's synergies confuses them, the ability to change your build without have to re-roll confuses them, gear having an impact on their skills confuses them, crafting confuses them, NV confuses them, mixing more than 2 skills together in a build confuses them, loot seperation with other players confuses them, players enjoying D3 confuses them, reading this post confuses them...basically they are confused, their whole world has been altered and this new world looks so good they can't go back to their old world, causing mass rage.

If your barbarian can pick up a bow, I'll go around telling everyone D3 is the best and you are the king of it. Oh wait...barbarians have a bow allergy, too bad. Monster power was in D2 fyi.
Edited by Utukka#1683 on 2/18/2013 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Utukka
If your barbarian can pick up a bow, I'll go around telling everyone D3 is the best and you are the king of it.

I'll suggest it to blizzard devs right away!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]