Diablo® III

Trade gold need's comma's

I hope i'm not the only one who sometimes find it hard to see the correct amount gold in the trade menu. Its easy to miss a number and be shorted. I suggest Blizzard can add comma's and periods. Lets all ask Blizzard for this feature. It will make thing a lot easy for all of us.

Example:

1100000000 (current)
1,100,000.00 (hope to see)

Thank you everyone :)
Reply Quote
View profile
inb4 europe stupid commas as periods
Reply Quote
Easy fix is changing the zeros like this.

Example: 100mil would be 100000000
100123456 <---- get it?
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 04:20 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Been asked 1,000,001 times. Been ignored 1,00,001 times. But maybe your 1,000,002 attempt will get them to admit their UI sucks.

Are you sure it wasn't asked for 10000000 times? :P
Reply Quote
Commas would be amazing. When you see a number you don't usually see 10000000, you see 10,000,000. Hell, even if you did it in scientific notation it'd be easier to read. I have that memorized. The mess of all the zeros is very hard to count, even if you just put a space between each of them.

1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 (Like that but smaller gaps, just so my head doesn't hurt when I try and count them please.
Reply Quote
just tap in three's.

if you want 10 million, type 10, then taptaptap, taptaptap.

I have never mistakenly listed an item doing this.
Reply Quote
You's need's to's stop's using's incorrect's apostrophes's.

Is it really that hard to remember the basic rules of English grammar?

Use the apostrophe when forming a contraction. Are you forming a contraction? If not, don't use the damned apostrophe. That way you only screw up possessives, rather than screwing up everything.
Reply Quote
Forgot when it was mentioned, but I remember a whiles back, the reasoning behind not using commas is that they do not have a universal meaning. Countries, populous, etc. will see the comma as something different. An example would be, 1,000 would to some be viewed as 1.000.

They may get away with simply having spaces, so we would have 11 000 000 instead of 11000000 and wont have the problem of 11.000.000.
Reply Quote
Forgot when it was mentioned, but I remember a whiles back, the reasoning behind not using commas is that they do not have a universal meaning. Countries, populous, etc. will see the comma as something different. An example would be, 1,000 would to some be viewed as 1.000.

They may get away with simply having spaces, so we would have 11 000 000 instead of 11000000 and wont have the problem of 11.000.000.

Except there are commas everywhere in Diablo. Don't drink the Blizzard koolaid.

And the point is what exactly? Rather an irrelevant or pointless comment lol.
Reply Quote
Easy fix is changing the zeros like this.

Easy fix is learning to count.

It will also help you in real life so you'll not end up paying 5 million $ for a $500k house, or $200k for a used car.

It you somehow fail to count zeroes properly and lose a few million gold in d3, and that's all it takes for you to realise that you have to learn how to count, it's not that big of a deal.

Being able to count is really important, even out of the game, and if you're old enough to play D3 you should be old enough to count.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]