Diablo® III

What anti virus do you use?

My account was nearly hacked this morning and I am running a few scans. I am curious what others are using for security (firewalls and virus scans) and if its free or not.

I use Avast, ad aware, spybot, and malwarebytes.

Edit: I am asking because I feel like I need to upgrade or update my security programs. So if you use something you feel works better than most please share with the community.
Edited by Kiefin#1246 on 2/20/2013 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
ummm what
Reply Quote
umm no, Blizzard did, and automatically reset the password. Now I am running some scans for malware and will reset password when I am sure I have a clean machine.
Reply Quote
You need to research hacking and educate yourself, I believe you are confused how it works and what happened. The hacker sounds like he was just brute forcing your account and got caught like a noob. I wouldn't worry about anything on your computer. If he had a "RAT" on your system then he wouldn't have got caught, as he would already have the password.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Gerakus
You need to research hacking and educate yourself, I believe you are confused how it works and what happened. The hacker sounds like he was just brute forcing your account and got caught like a noob. I wouldn't worry about anything on your computer. If he had a "RAT" on your system then he wouldn't have got caught, as he would already have the password.

lol cant believe you wasted your time telling him this
Reply Quote
AVG free.
Reply Quote
Quite often b.net game accounts are compromised because people use thier b.net username and pwd on fan sites. Fan sites are hacked often for the user database, then the crooks test game accounts to see which ones they can log into.

Run a scan like defender offline as well.

Also, get an authenticator. For a smartphone it is free. The key fob style is $6.50 if you live in the US.

Even though the smartphone version is free, with the current explosion of Android and iOS malware I would personally be somewhat uneasy with that route.
Reply Quote
Buy a Mac... Problem solved
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:50 AMPosted by DudleyDR
Quite often b.net game accounts are compromised because people use thier b.net username and pwd on fan sites. Fan sites are hacked often for the user database, then the crooks test game accounts to see which ones they can log into.

Thats sounds like a likely scenario, I have used the same password on a D3 fansite.

Heading out for work ty all for the replies.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Knoland

now that's funny
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Knoland

The holy words of true Apple believers.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 2/20/2013 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Malwarebytes.
Reply Quote
Always use different passwords for different sites.
Reply Quote
Linux.
Reply Quote
Seconding AVG.
Reply Quote
Running Microsoft's Security Essentials with Malwarebytes as a secondary scanner for files I download.
Having user account control active (Vista?-Win8) will let you know if a program is trying to make changes on your computer and give you an option to deny it. A good updated browser is always helpful too if you're just looking to improve your overall security. Uninstall java as it seems to be the root behind a lot of hacks lately (Oracle needs to get their sh** together). Make sure your network is secure and that you don't have your neighbor or whoever connecting to it, possibly throwing viruses your way.
Reply Quote
Condoms
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]