Diablo® III

Wave of Light Question about Mechanics

So I love Wave of Light and TR now, I'll write another thread about it in a bit. It's awesome not having to punch anything!

I just want to know about mechanics and if my assumptions are correct.

Attack Speed --- no impact on Bells Damage, just higher AS means faster Bells.

Crit Chance - I'm assuming Crit Chance is lower than my sheet (38%).

A discussion point:

If Crit chance is the same as Paper Doll says, then I'm fine heaping CritDam, it works out on higher MPs. If Bells actually have a lower proc coefficient, then perhaps throwing a ruby in my skorn is more effective overall.

Example with imaginary numbers:

Say Bell has proc coefficent .3, then with my 38% crit chance I only crit 11.4% of the time... meaning with Bells it may be more efficient to sacrifice CritDam for BaseDam EVEN if my character sheet says I'm losing damage by doing so.

I may go ahead and hop on a higher MP Belial or something for real-world test, but right now I'm at work and curious if someone already has the information somewhere.
Reply Quote
Proc coefficient isn't related to CHC. It's just the chance that something tied to procC will happen when you hit with that atack. For the most part, that "something" is LpH.
Reply Quote
From what I've seen from WoL it has a relatively low coefficient.

I take this from fear procs (echoing fury) and the amount of tornadoes it spawns when using SW:cyclone.

It seems like the 4th hit (the knockback) has a higher coeffient than the othe 3 hits but I haven't tested enough to be absolutely sure. It may just be that it often hits more targets.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
Proc coefficient isn't related to CHC. It's just the chance that something tied to procC will happen when you hit with that atack. For the most part, that "something" is LpH.

Thanks! I didn't think my question through. I was thinking how crit hits proc'd tornados with Tempest Rush and mistakenly associating crit hits with tornados even though I knew that wasn't how it worked!

SO now I'm going to hunt even harder for the crit hit WoL SoJ!

Thanks.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Andernut

Thanks! I didn't think my question through. I was thinking how crit hits proc'd tornados with Tempest Rush and mistakenly associating crit hits with tornados even though I knew that wasn't how it worked!

Thanks.

you should sell me your tr soj then :)
Reply Quote
The other "something" is tornadoes. If you have 38% CHC, though, then every hit has a 38% chance of triggering your CHD bonus. Hope that makes sense. I need sleep.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
The other "something" is tornadoes. If you have 38% CHC, though, then every hit has a 38% chance of triggering your CHD bonus. Hope that makes sense. I need sleep.

i feel like the proc rate for cyclones is a lot less than 1, not sure
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 07:13 PMPosted by kukabuka

Thanks.

you should sell me your tr soj then :)

Get me the same ring in WoL form and I will ;)
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 07:44 PMPosted by kukabuka

i feel like the proc rate for cyclones is a lot less than 1, not sure

Yes—in fact, for WoL, it's 0.11, but you get four shots at it because WoL hits four times. But we're talking about different things now.
Reply Quote
Can anyone confirm if wave of light casting animation scales with attack speed?

I notice that when I'm on duel wield and normal gear on, the wave of light animation is real quick, but when I'm on TR gear, the wave of light animation takes considerably more time. I read in other thread that cast animation is consistent at around 0.7x sec or something.

Reply Quote
It scales noticeably with attack speed. I don't think anyone's done a frame-by-frame comparison, but the best figure I've seen is 0.75.
Reply Quote
Is there a way for me to cast wave of light while using one of my primary spirit generator attacks so I can build spirit to continue dropping bells?

For barbs, putting rend in my left mouse button allows me to not have to release the right mouse button (whirlwind) to cast rend.

Thanks
Reply Quote
yes, you can simply hold down your attack key and tap wave of light key when you want to cast it -- however, this interrupts the attack chain, just like on barbs when you rend while whirlwinding (aka -- your character stops whirlwinding to cast rend, then you're charged the casting cost of whirlwind again to resume whrilwinding, even though you don't have to click the spell again)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]