Diablo® III

Tracking IP/Account access via site.

Greetings,

I have recently become the victim of a hacked account, fortunately, the issue was remedied within a minute and nothing was lost. When investigating this issue, a blizzard representative had informed me that there was no way to disclose the IP address of the hacker, even though this was my account that was compromised. I feel that this drastically reduces the security of my account by not having this information readily available from the site or even from the email stating that my account was compromised.

I understand that the legal owner of the account is blizzard and this would be an issue for the legal terms team to investigate, but at the same time it would be very helpful for people that have had their accounts compromised. While ACLs have been made and passwords have been changed (and a lot more), this would be a key piece of information to aid in social engineering attacks.

Your insight and knowledge is appreciated, post on!

Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]