Diablo® III

Barriers to spending real money

So, I thought for the first time I might go buy a bit of gold through the real money system since I was having fun with the new crafting recipes, but they eat up a lot of gold. I didn't have a paypal account, so I went and created one. That's a chore, but whatever, I'm thinking. Extra gold soon!

Then I try to go to the website and find "must have an authenticator." What the....

I'm sorry if I'm the last person in the whole world to find out about this and complain about it, but I'm not spending money and waiting for an item to arrive in the mail just so I can buy gold. This is way too much of a hassle. And I have no interest in using a randomized password. I like my password system, and wouldn't accept a randomized password generator even if it was free. No way I'm spending money on one.

Transaction abandoned.
Reply Quote
You don't NEED paypaly in order to make a purchase on the AH. You could just have set up a card and purchased it straight out without paypal. You can try again by going that route.

You also have the option to buy a prepaid card at gamestop, walmart, target, etc.

Authenticators (if you have a smart phone) are free, and they are only there to protect your account. =)
Edited by IamOhi#1240 on 2/17/2013 6:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
You don't NEED paypal

What if my only options are through Paypal? I dont want to waste money on an authenticator either. I have Paypal set up but cant use it, yet I could purchase WOW using Paypal only with no other gimmick or 3rd (4th?) party.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]