Diablo® III

@Blizzard : Public MP without the means to use it

here I was right in the end...
the interface is not designed to work hand in hand with the player to help him find a MP game of his choice...

MP can just be a painful process in public
2 persons on my quest (europe), let me guess on which MP they are ?
95% chance they are on MP0 but then if they are on MP 8 ?
with some luck I might have to start 10 games to find people to play with ?
not discounting the 30s wait time to "find a game" each and every time ...
then maybe I find they are on MP10 but MP10 is too dangerous for me, so I change quest & repeat the whole process ?

the worst is that YOU, blizzard staff, knew this would happen, you even made some blog post about it http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560
and I proposed some solutions : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7681548457
you probably thought about some too ?
so where are they now ?

please, show us that blizzard is still as great as ever, do something yesterday !
Edited by Johnlairmite#2811 on 2/16/2013 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hmm? My experience is the opposite - most players can handle the MP pretty well and game matching is fast enough (couldn't find a game on MP9 so I dropped to 8, not a big deal for me).

At least in the limited game time for me, I have had less issue with AFK players and run ahead barbs in pubs with the new patch.
Reply Quote
The public matching MP system is currently missing two major features:

• Tags: When creating a public game you want to specify which events are going to take place: PvP, questing, leveling, ubers, trading
  • Restrictions: If you're going to do MP8+ you don't want to end up with Paragon-level 1 players who are wearing full MF gear. When creating a public game the player needs to be able to set certain restrictions in order to get those players in your game who you like to play with

• In the latest Q&A with the Diablo 3 developers they already mentioned this and apparently they are working on it. But with the speed they are patching this game it will probably take until this summer before it is actually released.
    Reply Quote
    Tags: When creating a public game you want to specify which events are going to take place: PvP, questing, leveling, ubers, trading

No offense, except the PVP tag, the rests kind useless.

Who actually trade in public game?

Who actually want to fight uber with random strangers in Public Game?

Leveling and Questing? Is this basically the same thing? Probably it is just me but all the public game I joined, those players were already completed the game are leveling their characters by go through each quests over and over again. It is public game. These players will not run Aklazier (or whatever it is) route with you. That is private game for.

As for the PVP in 1.07, well, you actually can find a lot of challengers in Act 1, MP0, Quest 9 Public Game. That quest has unofficially became a PVP lounge area,
    Edited by KevinD#6394 on 2/16/2013 9:37 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    Well it's real simple, Blizzard gave the option to use it rather than cut it off for ppl who have the patience to search. Cutting it off = I never play pubs. Allowing the options = I'll roll on it every once and again but def won't make it my MAIN gameplay like it was in D2
    Reply Quote
    Tags: When creating a public game you want to specify which events are going to take place: PvP, questing, leveling, ubers, trading

Maybe not useless.. PvP for sure, farming can be a group wanting to hit ever corner or every map and levelling can be just speed runs and not stopping to sell. Not so much tags I think but a description field... if anyone would actually read it.

What might be a good thing to is enabling conditions for joining. Limit to minimum DPS, player class, life, etc.
    Reply Quote
    02/16/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Kilometer

No offense, except the PVP tag, the rests kind useless.

Who actually trade in public game?

Those were examples that I could quickly come up with. I'm sure they can be refined. As far as trading goes: it's for those people that want to circumvent the AH fee of 15%. I guess it's not very useful when you can't indicate what exactly you're trading. But it could be useful to some people and it creates diversity in the public game dominion.

Who actually want to fight uber with random strangers in Public Game?

I would definitely consider doing ubers with pubs when the people who join my game are somewhat capable. This would work well when you could set restrictions (my second suggestion).

Leveling and Questing? Is this basically the same thing? Probably it is just me but all the public game I joined, those players were already completed the game are leveling their characters by go through each quests over and over again. It is public game. These players will not run Aklazier (or whatever it is) route with you. That is private game for.

Why limit Alkaizer runs to private games? I see potential for public games to pick this route up if only players could indicate what they are doing.

As for the PVP in 1.07, well, you actually can find a lot of challengers in Act 1, MP0, Quest 9 Public Game. That quest has unofficially became a PVP lounge area,

I still have people joining me on Act 3 for PvP. There's a lot of confusion amongst players where they need to be to join PvP. Unfortunately you need to spoon feed them to give them what they want. Perhaps a PvP button would work better but the tag could do the job too.
    Reply Quote
    Hmm? My experience is the opposite - most players can handle the MP pretty well and game matching is fast enough (couldn't find a game on MP9 so I dropped to 8, not a big deal for me).

At least in the limited game time for me, I have had less issue with AFK players and run ahead barbs in pubs with the new patch.

What the hell are you talking about ?
    I'm not talking about players having difficulties or not handling a particular MP

I'm talking about the difficulty to join a running game of a chosen MP when the number of players is low
    Reply Quote
    The public matching MP system is currently missing two major features:

• Tags: When creating a public game you want to specify which events are going to take place: PvP, questing, leveling, ubers, trading
  • Restrictions: If you're going to do MP8+ you don't want to end up with Paragon-level 1 players who are wearing full MF gear. When creating a public game the player needs to be able to set certain restrictions in order to get those players in your game who you like to play with

• In the latest Q&A with the Diablo 3 developers they already mentioned this and apparently they are working on it. But with the speed they are patching this game it will probably take until this summer before it is actually released.

tags ? not related to what I'm asking
    you could implement tags and still not know how many players are playing a particular MP level

restrictions ? hum ok but again not related to what I'm asking/saying
    all I wanna do is be able to easily join a game without the hassle of guessing on which MP they are OR an option so that the game would automatically lower my chosen MP until it finds people
    OR an option so that the game would find a game between a range of MP (5 to 7)
    Reply Quote
    02/16/2013 09:47 PMPosted by MasterJay
    Well it's real simple, Blizzard gave the option to use it rather than cut it off for ppl who have the patience to search. Cutting it off = I never play pubs. Allowing the options = I'll roll on it every once and again but def won't make it my MAIN gameplay like it was in D2

thanks for answering on topic

still it's not utterly complicated to add a few text strings or a couple of buttons to an interface in my humble opinion

*sighs* I guess they are still thinking about the changes that have to be made,
    I think that's their problem, too much talking, not enough acting ...
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]