Diablo® III

Whoever says WD is OP

Has never faced a 350k dps monk chain firing serenity OR a barb with 4 million ehp boasting 5k life regen OR a legacy Nats DH.
Edited by Pillz#1495 on 2/17/2013 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
That is correct.
Reply Quote
So you need a powerful expensive gear to succeed. That sucks
While WD can dominate w/ crappy gear
Conclusion: WD is OVERPOWERED
Reply Quote
So you need a powerful expensive gear to succeed. That sucks
While WD can dominate w/ crappy gear
Conclusion: WD is OVERPOWERED

Most people glance at a WD profile and assume that since hes not using 200k+ dps gear; that it must be cheap. WD's dont stack ias gear like barbs, DH, Monks, and Wizards since AS can work against many of their builds.

Since most WD's sit around 1.5-7 AS, they wont hit those high sheet dps numbers easily like some characters with 2+ AS. That doesn't mean their gear is cheap and that their dps is that low.
Edited by Pillz#1495 on 2/17/2013 8:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
I dueled a lot this weekend, and WD is strong in duel, not OP. Monks are strong too, they can 1 shot you with WoL+7sided strike combe (ok, thats 2 shot), but you will die. And no, you cannot kite them, couse teleport.

Wd can handle this stuff with thier skills.

OP is a barbarian with 5k life regen, and i have 130k dps, haunted him, spammed spirit barrage. He was in hex fear hex , then i spirit walked hex again fear.... etc, full cc, no rend on me, and after a 20sec of shooting him, he was -20k hp from full (114k) That is op.

Sure he cant kill me, but it was annoying.
Reply Quote
I put like less than 10 mil in my WD and i wreck jsut about anyone... Gear isnt on my WD anymore btw. Stats werent high at all.
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP. Just with all things being equal. If all classes have the same gear in a duel. a WD will win all the time. Until. You get the top notch gear the OP was talking about. WD can be countered with massive regen which I have resist armor CC reduction etc. Just most players don't have that so they get wrecked.
Reply Quote
How do you chain fire serenity? It's on a CD...
Reply Quote
nope, I think it comes down to how you use your skills, especially if you are both top-geared opponents

the only class at a disadvantage currently imo is wizard
Reply Quote
nope, I think it comes down to how you use your skills, especially if you are both top-geared opponents

the only class at a disadvantage currently imo is wizard

I agree with this. The poor wizards are out of luck tbh. Every other class has counters for skills and if facing top geared opponents just comes down to how you macro and use your skills.
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 2/18/2013 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 07:08 AMPosted by PuddingHead

I'm wondering the same thing.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Atlanis

I'm wondering the same thing.

The cool down can be reduced I think to 13 seconds with a passive (I might be mistaken, I do not play monk)

He would use hit & run tactics, where he would twirl in with that "weapon twirl run fast" move, pop serenity, drop some 300% dps moves, then he would twirl to the other side of the map once his serenity was gone. Very effective and very annoying. He may have not been "chain firing" but to someone that spent the game getting bum rushed every 13 seconds by a immortal 350k dps monk feels like they are getting pummeled.
Reply Quote
That sounds like a tempest rush bell setup used for farming...

Serenity is no different than your spirit walking and when he runs, toss a few haunts at him. As long as you play it safe there shouldn't be a reason this is giving you trouble. I feel high dps low ehp monks do poorly against wd's. Against barbs though... dps is the way to go.
Reply Quote
That sounds like a tempest rush bell setup used for farming...

Serenity is no different than your spirit walking and when he runs, toss a few haunts at him. As long as you play it safe there shouldn't be a reason this is giving you trouble. I feel high dps low ehp monks do poorly against wd's. Against barbs though... dps is the way to go.

Well this match was in a pub match at 3am. There was 4 of us. A legacy Nats DH, a 4mil EHP barb, the Monk, and Candace (my WD).

The barb was after me the entire match. Didnt even attempt to catch the perma SS DH or the Monk. The monk tried going after the barb aft first, but since the barbs EHP was so high the monk was taking to long to kill the barb and once his serenity was gone it was haunt, SB, SB, (a couple of rends from the barb) = dead monk. So he gave up on the barb and decided killin Candace was much easier. The DH had decent dps, but obviously not enough hatred to finish off the barb, and the monk was easily one hitting him with the teleport strike, so he too decided to troll Candace and stay as far away from the monk and barb as possible.

This is not a QQ post. I had a %$^ckin blast. First match where I felt really challenged. It just to iterate my point that all classes that spec their gear toward PVP can do just as well as any WD.

Also,
Haunt sucks against well geared opponents.
Edited by Pillz#1495 on 2/18/2013 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
haunt is a gear check for anyone without proper eHP in pvp. I got raped by a 50K DPS plvl 0 wd over and over. But that's okay cuz I'm glass and in my pve gears
Reply Quote
Pillz, your experiences mirror a lot of my own.

I still have fun and everything, but I definitely do not feel OP against good geared guys.

I really don't play anything but my WD, but that Barb I fought was pretty ridiculous. We couldn't kill each other, but we definitely were getting no where. Also, Inspiring Presence is fairly insane.
Reply Quote
Overall on an average the WD will get the best of all other chars. But best of the best nothing really can beat a top barb.
Reply Quote
good WDs don't exist on US server so we can't really find out anything.

but from my experiences on PTR, even a WD with the best gear possible in the game can not win vs a barb with perfect gear.
Reply Quote
Lol at this post
I have 4 billion gold geared WD, completely optimized for pvp, and yet I lose to my friend's barb, that is also about 4 billion gold geared for pvp.

Honestly once barb gets up to 170k health with 5000 regen, 8k+ armor, tons of reduction, 8k+ base dps, it's nearly impossible to kill them with WD given that barbs will sprint around. Then they do rend > gets hexed > wrath > stun > rend and it's pretty much game over for WD.

Even 0 CD dog bomb + barr style WD will have very tough time surviving that.
Reply Quote
Lol at this post
I have 4 billion gold geared WD, completely optimized for pvp, and yet I lose to my friend's barb, that is also about 4 billion gold geared for pvp.

Honestly once barb gets up to 170k health with 5000 regen, 8k+ armor, tons of reduction, 8k+ base dps, it's nearly impossible to kill them with WD given that barbs will sprint around. Then they do rend > gets hexed > wrath > stun > rend and it's pretty much game over for WD.

Even 0 CD dog bomb + barr style WD will have very tough time surviving that.

4B for your gear? BAHAHA. Sorry, that was just funny. I'd re-look at your gear and the value you put on that if I were you because your values are extremely skewed. Right now, your set won't even get you 400M, let alone 4B? MF rolls? Non-trifectas? Str on your vile ward? Your affixes are all over the place... Zuni ring without crit chance, but attack speed...

Flawless star gems? Come on now. At least make a lie look feasible if you're going to do it on forums.

A 4B toon would look MUCH more complete than yours is right now. Guaranteed.
Edited by Xenophis#1434 on 2/24/2013 5:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]