Diablo® III

I made a video to show how archon can do mp9+

my inferno mp9 archon farming video is here :)

http://youtu.be/vAANoVZOo0E

I use a hybrid archon build, but instead of LL I use wicked wind, and I use
glass cannon, pinpoint and blood weapon to buff my dps.
The video shows my inferno mp9 farming of act3 Bridge, Depth and Arreat Crater II
my gear is far from godly, but it shows archon still can do well in mp9 to mp10 !

add me if you want to farm together (KDR#1284)

UPDATE: A new video is uploaded for act4 farming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDFST0vzIbE
Edited by KDR#1284 on 2/18/2013 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Pretty much the exact same build with the exact same dps I have lol. Yes it's doable at high Mp's but every second spent running backwards to avoid pools/any AoE Damage is DPS not put to effect.
So yea, doable but not as efficient as a CM freeze wiz.

Still I prefer this as opposed to pressing 3 keys over and over, bit more of a challenge :P

Would love to farm with ya, but we would be fighting for kills most the time haha
Reply Quote
How much APOC do you use?
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Hm another video of archon high mp "farming".

What i miss in all these videos is the real challenge. In this video you encountered 4 packs in 14 minutes, all of them easy (no frozen, no rd, no shield, no fast+chain, no hulking phasebeast,etc). I'd love to finally see someone doing Mp7+ and fight real problematic packs without the mobs around. How you position yourself, how you deal with walls, frozen orbs and so on. For example, i can't imagine myself playing without teleport which saved my !@# countless times.

I gotta say, very fast archon reset, how much apoc do you run with?

Can someone with this sort of impressive dps (400+) post a video of clearing for example VOTA? Or ALL tower (not just crater2) ?
Reply Quote
I have 10 apoc, that is enough to refresh archon quickly
which act is all tower? I can do another video for sure
Edited by KDR#1284 on 2/18/2013 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
nbad
Reply Quote
I have 10 apoc, that is enough to refresh archon quickly
which act is all tower? I can do another video for sure

a3, what else ..
Reply Quote
How you position yourself, how you deal with walls, frozen orbs and so on. For example, i can't imagine myself playing without teleport which saved my !@# countless times

If you check the hybrid archon thread or the sustain one, a few players already posted videos that included non-trivial packs. When you meet a tough pack without lifesteal and archon teleport, you reposition yourself away from the problem spot, kiting a bit. For the updated reflect damage, you can still laser one at a time to not instagib yourself or don't laser when the RD buff is showing.
Reply Quote

If you check the hybrid archon thread or the sustain one, a few players already posted videos that included non-trivial packs. When you meet a tough pack without lifesteal and archon teleport, you reposition yourself away from the problem spot, kiting a bit. For the updated reflect damage, you can still laser one at a time to not instagib yourself or don't laser when the RD buff is showing.

I understand that, but it all comes down to losing a huge chunk of effectivity (no LS) or just dying (no teleport .. one frozen phasebeast pack with no room to move is all you need).

I enjoy playing 'higher mp' levels myself (considering my subpar dps) as it brings more challenge to the game and is much harder to play than other wiz builds so i'm always curious how players deal with for example resetting the archon twice during an extra health heavy pack fight.
Reply Quote
I will upload a video of me soloing act 4 and act 3 All tower very soon,
Reply Quote
Gj OP.

I use a similar build and have really good success and FUN. I dont use glass cannon but use sparkflint instead. Imho i think gc is acting as a double sided sword. Sure it gives you great dps but maybe at too much loss of mitigation. I know more dps=more ls and blood magic returns but i think it becomes a slippery slope as what actually is more beneficial and not contradictory in terms of returns.

I play mp6 usually withbut too much of a hitch. I tried a key run earlier on mp8 and did not die once. Maybe just got a little lucky with the pack rolls but it seemed feasable. Not going to lie vortex, frozen, arcane can give problems but who doesnt have problems with those packs. If i start having problems with a pack i will turn off archon and just perma/stutter freeze them for a while and archon them again to finish them off. Wish the profile worked so i could see sone of the other toons of peeps posting.

Also, what software do you use to capture. I tried fraps but its limited to 30 sec for trial.
Reply Quote
kdr, how come it says there's no account in the region when I try to view your profile?
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Balthazar
kdr, how come it says there's no account in the region when I try to view your profile?

account profile links are mostly frelled...
Reply Quote
I am not sure, but you can look at it here
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/kdr-1284/kdr/6717950

02/18/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Balthazar
Reply Quote
act 4 tower? I look forward to that video.
Derp

He said, "Act 4 and Act 3 all tower." And you're calling him a derp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]