Diablo® III

Salvage Idea for the Blacksmith.

Since this games release, there have been threads popping up here and there about people who accidentally salvaged their weapons, armor or some other item they were using at the time. Though I've never personally done it, I have swapped items with my active gear while attempting to salvage what was in my inventory, but caught it in time. So it can happen even if your careful.

I have seen numerous ideas on this subject, active item lock being the most talked about. Well I think this idea is a good one:

Haedrig has his own "Stash" in the salvage screen, capable of holding multiple items you wish to salvage.

Pretty simple, you "right click" the items you want to salvage, (similar to right clicking items to the trade box), and when you fill up his "Stash", you have a chance to review your equipped gear and make the final decision to salvage all. ("All" being the items you have transferred to Haedrigs "Stash")

Below is a rough picture just to clarify the concept. Excuse the crudeness of it, my paint skills are lacking:)

**** http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6610/salvageidea.jpg ****

This seems like a double win to me, you don't have to click and confirm each and every item you wish to salvage, thus speeding up the process of salvaging, and you can double check your gear before making a costly mistake.
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 2/18/2013 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
the picture took forever to load
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 01:16 PMPosted by OeSYonamine
the picture took forever to load

Changed the format, thanks for the input!
Reply Quote
How about this..

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!

There is your fix.
Reply Quote
How about this..

There is your fix.

So you don't even like the idea as it will speed up the process of salvaging?

Thanks for your helpful input.
Reply Quote
Thanks Koala, yeapers this happened to me today. 500M MH gone in a click. I have no idea how the mouse cursor even went up there to it while I was salvaging items in my stash. I guess the only thing that I am thankful for is that it didn't salvage the gem too.

Personally I am done salvaging, at least if you vendor it you can buy it back.....heck I would have paid 100M just for the ability to have gotten it back.....GOLD SINK ANYONE?

BTW....I watch what I do, I have been making items for a long time and salvaging items just to get that good roll on the one item I need. If my profile wasn't one of those that doesn't work right now you could see that most of my characters have crafted items on them of some kind....so this is not something I am new at. Like I said, I have no idea how the mouse cursor went there instead. This is the reason I am no longer using my Naga because it would occasionally glitch.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 01:45 PMPosted by ThePlow
Thanks Koala, yeapers this happened to me today. 500M MH gone in a click. I have no idea how the mouse cursor even went up there to it while I was salvaging items in my stash. I guess the only thing that I am thankful for is that it didn't salvage the gem too.

Unless you're salvaging a blue item, you are required to confirm that you want to salvage your item.

Salvage protection is already in the game so why is this even a topic?
Reply Quote
Another creative but useless idea. He starts out on how it would save us from salvaging our good gear and then upps "So you don't even like the idea as it will speed up the process of salvaging?"

This seems like a double win to me, you don't have to click and confirm each and every item you wish to salvage, thus speeding up the process of salvaging, and you can double check you gear before making a costly mistake.

Already stated in the OP it is beneficial for both.

02/18/2013 01:49 PMPosted by DeadRu
We don't need to clutter up the game with another screen.

What other screen? Its already a screen that pops up when you salvage, its just an addition to that screen, and it doesn't add anything, It fills up empty space actually.

02/18/2013 01:49 PMPosted by DeadRu
The way I view it you will spend more time reviewing the salvage screen than simply clicking ok to begin with.

All you would have to review is your gear equipped. Once you review the identified/ or other items in your inventory, you right click them to send them to the salvage screen, then review your main gear at the end before clicking salvage.
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 2/18/2013 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Frostspark

Unless you're salvaging a blue item, you are required to confirm that you want to salvage your item.

Salvage protection is already in the game so why is this even a topic?

When you craft an entire stash full of what ever item you're creating for either yourself or someone else and salvage the rest that doesn't meet the criteria you are looking for you often use the shortcut "click, spacebar" for quickness....I guess that in itself speaks for itself, however, I have done this thousands of times before....I guess ultimately I was gonna get got.......it was just my turn right. Maybe the cursor thing was because of latency issues or something...who knows, though I have a very fast internet connection and still have latency occasionally which I am sure isn't on my side.
Reply Quote
More input wanted :)
Reply Quote
great idea needs to be stickied along with a bluepost asking for more suggestions but that will never happen
Reply Quote
Blizzard should just make it impossible to sell/salvage equipped gear. Have it red out just like account bound items are in the AH tab.

This is very easy to implement. My guess is that Blizzard just likes the item sink :/
Reply Quote
How about this..

There is your fix.

Fail. The OP wants to salvage everything at the same time.

Generally what I do is I salvage all the blues. Then I hold my left hand on "Enter" and click all the yellow items while hitting "Enter" which automatically chooses to salvage the item. It's fairly quick that way.
Reply Quote
TTT
Reply Quote
I like the idea. Sorry I didn't read all the replies, but want to suggest that only rare or better items should be kept in the blacksmith "salvage queue" (stash). Then the prompt could be removed for salvaging these items and a new "salvage ALL blue items" could be added.

The only technical problem I foresee is that this would require blizzard to increase their data storage space on their servers.... though I can't imagine that would be a large amount of data - even with millions of accounts (or x10 max if per character) times the number of items - ?24? - plus backups of that data - even if each item required 512 bytes of space, for 20 million accounts, 10 char's per account, and 24 items you'd have about 2.2 terabytes of data -- which for a company like blizzard is nothing.
Reply Quote
With all the other changes being made to the game, this one doesn't seem to be a big resource hog at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]