Diablo® III

Missing Cinimatics

Why are there missing game cinematics where did they go??? Why do i have to go on you tube to watch them after buying the game...???
Reply Quote
same here...cinematics are gone.
Reply Quote
Might help if you explain, at the beginning, middle, or end.........
Reply Quote
There are fixes on the Bug Report Forum for this. Also, on Customer Service. I don't remember what they were exactly, but I had the same issue. Here is my attempt at remembering.

Assuming you're on Windows 7 or beyond, go to Start and search for D3prefs.txt.

Open it and make sure that the following lines match this:

PlayedCutscene0 "31"
PlayedCutscene1 "31"
PlayedCutscene2 "23"
PlayedCutscene3 "143"

If those values change, the videos won't properly play, and previos patches have changed them for some reason.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
You have to be careful too when passing zones or chapters. i mistakenly skipped the fight between imperius and diablo for 4 months... did not know it existed until browsing diablo related stuff on youtube. then it all made sense lol... wasnt sure why imperius was beat to hell. i just assumed it happened at one point during the invasion.

remove your hands from the keyboard and mouse between acts and zones. ANY button will cancel a cutscene
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]